Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
~The Phillosophies Of Life~ The Nature Of Creation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seferius Slyferin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:49 pm
This will be my fancy thread of discussion and if you let it die, I swear I will come to each of your houses and start creating some sort of metaphore on your lawn xp

Indeed, if you can't make sense of my sentance above, then you are not worthy of my mighty..mightiness!!

Okay, time to talk: about the nature of Creation?
What do you belive? did we just appear?

Past Topics:
Friendship
If you see a topic that isn't in here, please do PM and I will put it in^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:32 pm
I'd say that "friend" is just a word, but the feelings it brings up, such as loyalty and concern, is what's important... beyond the simple term and the shallow meaning it holds to so many people in the world today.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Seferius Slyferin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:57 am
I'll have to agree, although some of my points may differ. I belive that "friend" is only a tool to be used by some of the weaker and deciving. For others, it may actually be something that could bring feelings, of great love and caring. For me it means little, a friend to me is like a person I know, and nothing more.
I consider my friends brothers, for that is what we are, I've known all my close friends for almost eight years, creating a bond that only blood can beat.

Shade Everdark is the only friend I have on gaia.
You should question his morality, tis fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:38 pm
I don't think friends are real people came up with the word because they did not know what to call it the peple i call my friends are more like family then anything else and if I could never love anyone like that then i wouldn't know what to do with my life  

Celestial Secrets

Utasa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:35 pm
(wikipedia)FRIENDSHIP:
"is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behaviour between two or more social entities. This article focuses on the notion specific to interpersonal relationships. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behavior, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors. Yet for many, friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them."(copyed)

but to me freinds are about the closeness of being with eachother and being together and living a good time....?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:51 am
Okay, here is, the next topic.  

Seferius Slyferin

Celestial Secrets

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:42 pm
Well i am morman so i belive that god put adam and eve on earth and eve ate the ruit and after she had childern and so humans began  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:17 pm
Wow, this could really turn into a heated topic.

But anyway, creation. Well, I am catholic and therefore I strongly believe that God put humans on the Earth and created everything good in the world. I understand the theories on evolution, and i can see where the scientists are coming from, but I have always felt that God put us here.  

KeyLimePie69

Coach Z

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm
I honestly don't know.
Not to insult the thiests at all, but I just can't beleive that a supreme being made earth because it[the supreme being] was bored, however the big bang theory does seem fairly logical, and it explains MY question "If everything just constantly WAS, how did it all begin, and why are we so far behind in technology. Wouldn't time be infinite and it would seem we would just always live this way with a few occasional changes?"
The big bang theory pretty much says that everything starts anew, then people evolve and the whole process happens and then after awhile BAM everyone's dead and it all starts over again, but then how on Earth(no pun intended) did all of that matter get there?
Oh well, I hope that made at least some sense to people, mainly my questions on the universe+time.
Anyways, to answer the first question, I really don't have a clue.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:47 pm
I do not belive in any one thing, but the one I put my main base behind is that we just were. That things just started, there was no evolution, no monkeys turning into men, just some hybrid type human trying to make his way in life. That is also why I belive that men have the primal urdge to have sex with basicly anything female. It is because back then, we needed to reproduce, needed to start a culture (which mind you, they utterly failed at..I mean, look what it turned into)
So my theory was that we just started.  

Seferius Slyferin

Velorius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:23 am
First off I'm an athiest in that I don't believe in any organised religion, but at the same time I am open to the possibility of a force beyond sciences ability to explain.

I do not believe God just put us here, I like evidence and there just isn't any, there is evidence for evolution and it makes sense. However I do not like coincidence and I find it hard to believe certain things just happened to evolve in a certain way, for instance there is an orchid that has evolved a synbiotic relation with certain bees, ONLY these bees can polinate this particular flower and this flower is the ONLY sorce of an aphrodisiac that the bees need to reproduce. This leads to the possibility that there is a greater power/conscious/whatever guiding evolution.

And the Big Bang Theory is just that a theory, that can't be proved because the same maths that indicate that the universe is expanding when applied retroactively breakdown into jibberish at the point of the big bang.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:17 pm
Ahem: Why do you believe in God? Why not a Goddess? Or, like the Bhuddists, an energy that runs through energy, non gender specific?

Okay, the WICCAN side of the story!! Slightly Altered and Edited because there are under 13 Gaians.

The Lord and Lady, having just stirred into existance from the One (that central energy thingy) now fell in love, and Did It. (If you don't know what that means, I laugh at you.) From this, Emotions stirred up Energy which formed everything that is and was. And new life started. the first life was primitive, organisms in the air, eating each other. Then, over time, with each bump'n'grind, more energies stirred some of the life beings, and they changed.
Hence, evolution!! A fact, a belief, yes...  

Evil Karma Angel

Vengeful-Suicide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:13 pm
I'm Intrested In Bhuddism and Hope To Learn It InThe Future, So Im Not Sure If It States How Life Began. But All I Know Is That Bhuddism Helps You From or To Get To Enlightment, Right? But Anyways, I Beleive In Science, With the Big Bang and All Cuz It Is The Logical Reason, In My Mind. I Just Don't Beleive How A Person or One Entity Just Started Life, Unless Someone Can Tell Me A Motive For This or Any Proof. But Just Take What I'm Saying Lightly If You Oppose Of This, It Is My Opinion and Is Not Meant To be Hurtful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:56 pm
..I'm an atheist as well.. The Big Bang theory does seem logical, though scientists may come up with better theories in the future.. I think it's almost impossible for us to know how the universe came to be; wouldn't such a research require us to see what's outside the universe? The universe is known to expand, so according to the human logic, if it expands, there has to be something outside as well, right?

I don't think we'll ever get to the point of solving such mysteries..

I do think that evolution exists; could the reason that many people don't agree with the theory of evolution be that they sort of picture the process as something that happens in a very short period of time, or perhaps over night? It does seem miraculous when one looks at all the diversity on Earth..but we don't have any other biological system to compare ours with..

Mwahahahaha

GypsyFoxglove

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:07 am
i am a spiritual person so i would not call myself an athiest, but mixing science and theology has been a big issue all of my life. that leap of faith they talk about i just cant make it with all the scientific evidence of other possibilities. ie big bang  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff