Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Bleach: Adult Swim? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you think?
  Loved it! =D
  Hated it! D<
  Whats Bleach? (poll whore option)
View Results

Cain Starfire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:14 pm
I saw the Adult Swim dubbing of Bleach and i must say that I loved it to death. Though there were a few things storyline wise that I thought were boogus, I was really pleased at the quality of voice actors they got this time.

Unlike other animes (*cough* Naruto *cough*) it seems they actually did a pretty good job on picking voice actors and they pretty much knew what they were doing.

Discuss:
Your thoughts of the dub
Possible voice actors for characters
Differences between original and English translation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:16 pm
I can't wait to see who voice acts Hat and Clogs (Urahara Kisuke): he is by far my favorite character of the manga!

Cain Starfire

Nanner_Munkie7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:36 pm
Well I havent seem any of the dubed episodes so I dont have anything to compare the english version to, but it sounded good to me. I also thought they did a good job with the voices. None of the characters (so far) had voiced that didnt seem to match the characters attitude and appearance. Mind you that this has only been the first episode aired so far but this is my opinion. Could change later on though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:51 am
I missed out the American premire of Bleach, but I have seen the first forty-two episodes of it.  

Sugihide

kiki_baby24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:14 am
yea i agree unlike naruto they actually made good voices this time i was shocked eek i thought they were gonna make them sound stupid but boy did i have a surprise when i saw it  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:05 am
i didn't see the adult swim version i just watch it on youtube  

dahaka 666

anime_girl10

Star Nymph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:15 pm
I heart it ^ ^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:44 am
i loved it! whee  

Smexy Besteys!!!

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ichi Pande

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:01 am
=A=;;;

Ugg... I hated it. Not all of it; just some major parts of it.

For instance --

Sado's voice is wrong, it should be deeper and he should talk sllllooooowwwweeeeerrrr.
Uruhara's voice is also messed up - I heard it and screamed {But that's just me listening to the japanese voice too often ... }
I hated the fact that they changed 'Death God' to 'Soul Reaper' -- they COULD have used Death God.

I'm terribly scared of the voice for the flash 'BWHAHAHAHAHA!!' Man -- He scares me anyways so I'll not say his name... :: hisses ::

... I'm also scared how they'll prounce some of the names -- Like Zangetsu. Will they change is? I'm scared for Ken-chan as well.

But that's just me.

And what's wrong with the Naruto dub?! >:O RAWR!

I happened to like Kakashi .//. Zabuza voice better in the English. Sasuke was better in Japanese -- as wel Naruto and Sakura's voice. >:[ But it wasn't that bad.

Both Bleach and Naruto could have been worse;

They could ahve ended up like One Piece.
;[

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:13 pm
I have been watching Bleach for nearly two years, and I am going to wait for episode 99. I like Kon, because he is a pervert.  

Sugihide

clouddeom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:51 pm
Sugihide
I missed out the American premire of Bleach, but I have seen the first forty-two episodes of it.

the japanese actors are the best in bleach. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:56 pm
Jap version is ALWAYS better -____-
I didn't watch the american dub, as soon as it came on i changed the channel
*figured it would be like One Piece, Naruto or any other butchered anime razz *
Just do youtube ppl. You'll be safe from the crappy match-ups.  

DarthJudge

Flashing Bulb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:49 am
i'd have to say it is defintely a well done dub  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:23 am
Yea, I would say it was done well despite what people think. I have a friend who absolutely hates the American version, but I don't see why you have to hate it so.  

Kaialystra

Gilded_Lotus

4,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:51 am
hmmm. I've seen both the english dumbed version, and the japanese version of te anime. I wasn't really bumed about changing Death God to Soul Reaper, considering that is what it was changed to in the Manga. It was the voices that scarred me the most. Ichigo sounds too much like a girl, Rukia sounds too much like a guy acting like a girl, and Chad's voice was too fast and not deep enough. It totaly destroyed my idea of what they should sound like based off their lines in the Manga and the japanese verion of the anime.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games