Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
girls and "dating rules" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gilder17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:57 pm
okay heres the deal. my girlfriend has given me rules for dating and its kind of making me feel like she really doesnt like people in public knowing that we are dating. yet when we are alone its a different story. can ne1 help me?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:21 pm
dump her, i was going to date someone till they gave me rules, and i thought, if we are together, then public diplays of affection (pda) would be needed, otherwise it looks like they are trying to hid the fact that they are with you. i couldnt date this one girl for the fact alone that i have been cheated on, and i was going to let someone make rules and make it seem that we arent together.

my opinion, love has no rules, dont make them, and break the unwritten unspoken rules, if someone tells ya what to do in a relationship and sets limits, then they are controlling, and thats someone you dont wanna be with.

just my advice bro, you dont have to take it if you dont want to, and im sure other people are going to say things different then me.  

HiddenWolfNinja

Amaraleigh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:04 pm
Dump them, If someone is that pushy, then let them go, If she is someone else in private, thell her to get her act strait or her a** is dumped.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:22 pm
Restrictions are one thing, like going up shirts and checking out other girls or guys, but rules? pfft, if anyone I dated gave me rules they'd be gone in a heartbeat!  

Vini-Vidi-Vici

Dapper Dabbler

5,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

toughluck22894

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:44 am
like what. Love never needs rules. If they don't want others to know like they're shy...let it go i quesss but if they're outgoing and all them forget about them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:49 pm
I also say dump her. My friend Stephanie is doing that to her bf as well. Its like 'wtf like him for who he is not who he isnt.'  

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

Nightingale_3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:15 pm
It depends what the rules are and what kind of person she is. There are a lot of people out there who have a big bubble and don`t like it when people get in their space because it makes them feel uncomfortable. I don`t know how long you`ve been dating so it may be a case that she`s just not comfortable with you yet. Give her time. This is something that you need to talk to her about. The key to a good relationship is communication. If she doesn`t seem like one of those people who has a bubble(ie, hugs other people in public, etc.) then maybe she`s just not that into you but again it`s something you need to discuss with her. Don`t just dump her without talking to her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:01 am
i agree. one thing is discretion, restrictions [like staring at other ppl], or sumthin like that, but rules? i think not. i mean, i have a b/f, and he knows i don't like kssing with family around, but c'mon, it's family, he understands. and it's not a rule, but a request. so, rules are out of the question! scream dump her. it's not worth it to b controlled like that  

Sotur

lady-loveable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:15 am
Sorry to say this but that is a bad sign.Thats how me and my ex were.Ireally didn't like him and i was going to break up with him,but the news that we were going out went public.I eventually broke up with him (man did i feel better).I hope its not the same in your case.Well i hope i gave you advice that you were looking for.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:54 pm
i think its time for the words "its over"
if she doesnt want peopel to know
and shes embarrassed then shes not worth it  

cheerchik

Hilarious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100

morbid_survivor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:41 am
To be honest, I disagree. We can't really give good advice without knowing what the rules are. If they're things like 'no groping in front of friends' then I'd say that's perfectly reasonable. I didn't exactly set rules, but I won't let my boyfriend do anything like that in front of our group. It's just not fair on them, and I'd certainly be grossed out if they did it.

And to be honest, I did set certain rules with him, but they weren't about us. Mainly that he wasn't allowed to blow things up or shoot things around me. Also mainly because I end up breaking the catapult when he does.

But what were the rules she set?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:09 am
I don't think your girlfriend has any right to impose any rules on you. I would never ever think of doing that to my boyfriend. And if it ever crossed my mind, I'd know he would be very pissed off and would surely question our relationship and whether I loved him.

Talk things out. If she loves you, she must understand you need FREEDOM. She should let you love her the way you feel it. If she doesn't... I'm sorry but I don't think she's worth it. Let her mature.  

Sidhes

Sidhes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 am
morbid_survivor
To be honest, I disagree. We can't really give good advice without knowing what the rules are. If they're things like 'no groping in front of friends' then I'd say that's perfectly reasonable. I didn't exactly set rules, but I won't let my boyfriend do anything like that in front of our group. It's just not fair on them, and I'd certainly be grossed out if they did it.

And to be honest, I did set certain rules with him, but they weren't about us. Mainly that he wasn't allowed to blow things up or shoot things around me. Also mainly because I end up breaking the catapult when he does.

But what were the rules she set?

Well, I must say I agree with the first paragraph. But those are not "rules" in my opinion. That's common sense. I mean, I haven't agreed that with my bf, but it's something that nobody has to say, really.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:10 pm
Hmmm....well, I can see like limits or something. But not rules! That's kinda upserd. Maybe you shouldn't just up and dump her though...talk to her about it and ask her about it. Well...yeah.  

HistoryFreak77

Eldar Pheonix Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:06 pm
HistoryFreak77
Hmmm....well, I can see like limits or something. But not rules! That's kinda upserd. Maybe you shouldn't just up and dump her though...talk to her about it and ask her about it. Well...yeah.

i agree thats a good idea try to make the "rules" more like gidelines talk her into letting go some of her rules and come to a comprimise it will help me and my gf(when we were together) had no rules other than no kissing in public when we were aroun our own friends it was fine but in public hell no  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff