Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
The Christian / Wiccan Relationship. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil Karma Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:20 pm
Most Christians believe that Wiccans ((aka Witches)) worship Satan on PURPOSE. A huge, fat LIE. So, why? The word WITCH can't even be in the Bible? Why?
BECAUSE: The New Testament was first written in Greek. And the Greeks didn't have the word witch. THe closest is SORCERESS.

Witch:
Etymology: Middle English wicche, from Old English wicca, masculine, wizard & wicce, feminine, witch; akin to Middle High German wicken to bewitch, Old English wigle divination, and perhaps to Old High German wIh holy -- more at VICTIM
1 : one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : SORCERESS -- compare WARLOCK
2 : an ugly old woman : HAG
3 : a charming or alluring girl or woman
4 : a practitioner of Wicca
5 : WITCH OF AGNESI

Sorceress:
A woman who is a Sorcerer
A person who practices sorcery
Etymology: Middle English wysard, from wis, wys wise
1 archaic : a wise man : SAGE
2 : one skilled in magic : SORCERER
3 : a very clever or skillful person

Yet that doesn't even fit! And I watched it on the History Channel:
They replaced the word "Poisoner" with "Witch". Why? To convert the Pagans in Europe, and in England (and that area) the Wiccans.

Wiccan VS Christianity
Our only amniosity toward Christianity, or toward any other religion or philosophy in life, is to the extent that these institutions have claimed to be "the one true right and only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religios practices and belief.
In other words:
Witches are sick and tired of people in other religions passing judgment and spreading lies about our belief system just because they are either insecure in their own faithor don't realize that many paths to God (or Diety/ies) exist in our universe. These unenlightened people think that by hurting us is better then admitting that people should be free to believe as they want to believe. Witches to dont hate Christians, Jews, or follower os Islam; however, then people from these structured groups try to hurt us with lies, gossip, or physical force, they can expect us Witches to be upset and fight back.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:07 pm
I think it funny how so many people critisize my faith. Just because we don't blow ourselves up at the slightest insult, it's okay. The media has constantly bashed Christianity. But look through history a bit closer, you will see flaws in your logic.  

BandofDans

Zukos_Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:18 pm
Ahzmodeus
I think it funny how so many people critisize my faith. Just because we don't blow ourselves up at the slightest insult, it's okay. The media has constantly bashed Christianity. But look through history a bit closer, you will see flaws in your logic.

You wonder why people bash Christianity... look at what you just said there for a moment. If you look back on Christianity there were a hell of a lot of flaws in that history and logic. What god would really want their people to go out killing anyone and anything that doesn't believe in them? Your crusades were a joke... and before you even say it. Yes I am a proud damn Wiccan and no... Muslem is not a religion of hate and death. Have you ever read the Koran? It's just like any other religion, its those radicalists out there making it look bad!

All in all buddy, think before you speak. -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:42 am
Dude, sorry about the way u feel. I apologize on behalf of all those who have tried to make u feel bad 'cause of ur religion. I'm Christian, but I practice tolerance. I'm friends with all people 'cause when it comes down to it, God is love. Jesus never judged so I try not to either. He viewed everyone with love even if he didn't aprove of any of the things we do (including myself). God loves sinners but hates their sin. We are all sinners and constantly sin (even Christians) which is why I ask for forgiveness as often as I can and try not to make the same mistakes twice.  

unique_chick

Mona_Liza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:35 pm
How could you say such a thing!!!! Ahzmodeus. You should be shunned for what you have just said. I am a proud wiccan so is the rest of my family. We are not shunned becouse of our belifes. Wicca isn't a sin. It is a religion and you should respect it. Christianity is a religion and loook at the past. Full of murder, war, anger, violence. Noone wants that unless you are a war mongger. Why would you say such a thing. I mean my best friend and her family are Christen. They think of me as there own child. They don't care about my religion and neither does there son. Which I am going out with and he goes to church and every thing. He loves me for me. I love him for him.

Thank you and have a very nice day.
~Mona Liza~  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:01 am
That is soo not what I meant. Srry 'bout that.  

unique_chick

Rauvellana

Shadowy Rogue

8,125 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:21 pm
unique_chick
That is soo not what I meant. Srry 'bout that.
When you look into my eyes...

I think she was referring to the guy that was going on about how we shouldn't bash Christians. 3nodding

Personally, I don't practice any one faith. I tried Episcopalian, and that did nothing for me, aside from waste my Sunday mornings. I researched Buddhism, and that was ok, but I dislike the way they turned the Buddha into a god-like figure, however, the Buddha earned that status I suppose. Wicca was another religion I looked into, and it's the religion I come closest to believing, although I am not studying to join a coven when I turn 18, or anything.
But anyway, moving back to the whole point of this thread...Christian faith teaches them to believe that their path is the only right way. They aren't taught to accept other religions, they are taught that they are wrong, and that they should try to get followers of the other religions to "repent their sins" and such. However, most other religions teach the same idea; that religion is the only true religion and the only way to save your soul, or the only way to be a better person, or the only way to do whatever. It's a line of teachings that goes back to whoever decided to start preaching for their religion to be the only religion.
Then, there are religions like Buddhism and Wicca, which practice tolerance, and couldn't care less about what you believe, as long as you are a good person. There are even seperate divisions within these religions that follow different "paths" to gain Enlighenment for Buddhists and entry to the Summerland (I think. I'm not entirely sure on that. Correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^) for Wiccans. And most of them don't care which path you choose to follow within their religion. They accept that, because they know that it's just another way to improve yourself and your life, according to their religion.
Sorry about the rant-style post...And the confusing manner in which I typed it. I'll explain whatever part managed to confuse you. All you need to do is ask. 3nodding

...Can you tell that I'm dead inside?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:01 pm
I really don't get how the christians or wiccans are having this sort of feud. I really dislike the church because of the way they teach. "If you don't follow us, you go to hell." I don't agree with that, and also the fact that they coonstantly nag us about going to church. I'm Christian, and I am seriously thinking about becoming a wiccan or possibly a member of another religin. I don't think that all this hate should be between these two religions. I've read wiccan books, and there was this part that says that Wicann is love through and through, and the Christian communities also practice love. All this conflict started with people who were too simple minded to think any better. This conflict is not all the sensible or rewarding to either side.  

Tiigrex

brad175

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:40 pm
One question. If I am standing on top of a 10 story building and I say to myself, "There is no gravity," will I fall? Religions or philosophys such as Wicca and Buddhisim believe that there are no absolutes, that truth can found for the individual. Well, I don't believe that. Infact, I think that is quite idiotic, something that you don't need any kind of faith to believe. Witchcraft IS mentioned in the Bible. It is mentioned as a wicked sin. Now, before you accuse me of "passing judgement," you first need to understand what judgement is.
Judgement: making fun, putting down, ridiculing, scoffing
Whoever you are, I accept you. I shall hate even the clothing stained by the corrupted flesh, in a manner of speaking, but I shall show only love towards you. However, I do not and will not ever accept this philosophy called Wicca. How can I? By my beliefs as a follower of Christ, there IS but one path to God. Do you want proof? Jesus said it himself:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, according to the Bible, worshiping any other false god is worship of Satan. That's your misconception there.

Pm me to dispute any time about anything relating to God. Bring to me your "contradictions" and such and I shall tackle them all.
Pride? No. Faith, for God is with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:28 pm
-clapclapclap- ive tried Wicca (and several other religions, though i have to say none have really come to my liking, not saying i NEED a religion) and its a little depressing when people say im going to hell just because im not Christian.  

x_TheUmbrellaAcademy_x

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:58 pm
To brad175- You are a fool. There are no absolutes. If you stand at the top of a ten story building and tell yourself that you will not fall, you will fall. But if you can bend your own reality and believe you will not fall, if you truly believe with all your might that you will not fall, I believe that you won't. But you can't believe that with all your existance, more than you believe that if you put one foot in front of the other, you will walk, more than if you believe that if you put your hand forward and grasp it around something like a waterbottle, it will remain in your hand and exhibit the 'water-bottleness' that it must. You have to believe it with all of your self.
And you ARE a hippocrit, and you DO pass judgement. You call us idiotic. You say that witchcraft is mentioned in the bible as a sin. Have you ever played BROKEN TELEPHONE? It's five minutes long. By the time it reaches the end of the line, what you said can be completely distorted.
How long has the bible been in existance?

You say you show only love towards us, yet you bash our faith.
It is not only a philosophy, it is a religion.
And I know for a FACT that in the Vatican II, something that few Catholics or other religions regard, sixteen documents written by the Pope, (and according to Papal Infallibility, the Pope cannot be wrong in religious matters) it says that Christians now accept the fact that their religion is not the only right religion, that there are other ways to salvation.
And you are more proud than any other person that I have met. Not even humble enough to listen to the ideas of others. I DID listen to your idea. I just proved you wrong.
With ideas presented in YOUR OWN religion.
Sorry.

to all else:
Wiccans are not supposed to try and convert (and neither are Christians, see, once again, Vatican II), or even really yell at Christians for being ignorant.
(I couldn't control myself, sometimes I get a little carried away.)
>.>
<.<
>.<
Besides,
God is too big to fit in one religion.

And there ARE CHRISTIANS THAT PERSECUTE BECAUSE OF FAITH.
I am in high-school currently, and I have already witnessed that.
I walk through the halls and hear
"BURN THE WITCH!"
I sit on the bus, and I can hear them talking about me.
But I don't care.
I AM different.
If I am persecuted for my faith, then I am just more proud for being able to maintain it against all odds. I am more proud to stand apart, even if it means standing alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:37 am
brad175
One question. If I am standing on top of a 10 story building and I say to myself, "There is no gravity," will I fall? Religions or philosophys such as Wicca and Buddhisim believe that there are no absolutes, that truth can found for the individual. Well, I don't believe that. Infact, I think that is quite idiotic, something that you don't need any kind of faith to believe. Witchcraft IS mentioned in the Bible. It is mentioned as a wicked sin. Now, before you accuse me of "passing judgement," you first need to understand what judgement is.
Whoever you are, I accept you. I shall hate even the clothing stained by the corrupted flesh, in a manner of speaking, but I shall show only love towards you. However, I do not and will not ever accept this philosophy called Wicca. How can I? By my beliefs as a follower of Christ, there IS but one path to God. Do you want proof? Jesus said it himself:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, according to the Bible, worshiping any other false god is worship of Satan. That's your misconception there.

Pm me to dispute any time about anything relating to God. Bring to me your "contradictions" and such and I shall tackle them all.

So what? then people who pray to Budha, or other religions are in fact wrong and should convert? these religions have been around for hundreds or thousands of years. I don't think that these religions are idiotic at all, or you would be calling these people themselves idiotic. Religions like Kabala are idiotic, yes. Because they area fad, but Wicca has been practiced for a long time, and I don't think they should stop preacticing just because the Christians say so, otherwise Christians would have to listen to them as well and stop being Christian.  

Tiigrex

Himura_Battousia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:53 am
brad175

You bring forth your "proof" with the condition that Christianity is indeed true. It says that Jesus is the only way in the bible because the Vatican heads that got together and edited the bible to their liking wanted more members. And who are you to say that any other God is fale? There was no misconception, because your base for your argument has the condition on it that Christianity is true. Bring some proof without the condition that you are right and I will consider that as an argument. Until that time, your sources and "proof" are all a bunch of BS that you can prove to yourself but you couldn't shove down the throat of a monkey.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:10 pm
Himura_Battousia
brad175

You bring forth your "proof" with the condition that Christianity is indeed true. It says that Jesus is the only way in the bible because the Vatican heads that got together and edited the bible to their liking wanted more members. And who are you to say that any other God is fale? There was no misconception, because your base for your argument has the condition on it that Christianity is true. Bring some proof without the condition that you are right and I will consider that as an argument. Until that time, your sources and "proof" are all a bunch of BS that you can prove to yourself but you couldn't shove down the throat of a monkey.

agree  

Tiigrex

I liek noodles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:28 pm
does anyone recall the bible was write by men...odinary men. with different thought and values... who could see some light in the sky and thing its a sign, and angel...or anytihng else. this of course can be said of other religions. I'm not bashing any religions at all but i myself was born into a catholic family, was baptised, and had my communion when i was 8. later on when i was old enough to learn and understand other religions, I found a lot of things in the bible ridiculous... and how much information is missing for what christian believe to be true...to truely be true. So, I can't honest believe in christianty. but i respect it, as long i do what I believe is morally right, is all that count... it should be the same of everyone else.... do what you believe to be moral...nothing else matters.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff