Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
So ... anybody seen any good NEW anime lately? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eira Woodfern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:25 am
My significant other and I have been hunting for a new and good anime. We've seen what feels like everything under the sun. You name it, odds are, we own it.

So ... anybody know of anything new and relatively undiscovered that you could point this way? It would be a great help. Because there's got to be something to do after we finish Final Fantasy XII ...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:45 am
First I'll name Brigadoon since that one could have easily slipped under the radar but, in my opinion, is very good. (Although it's been years since it was released.)

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar War was also interesting, and possibly could have been missed. I can't really say that it was spectacular... just, interesting...

Noein recently just started coming out, I think it's very interesting, although it's also possible that y'all got it.

Oh well, those are just some ideas. Y'all really should post a list so that I can compare it to my list and identify stuff I've seen / got that y'all might not have. Or, likewise, I recently posted my list here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6529351&page=2

...so y'all could look through it for stuff you haven't seen and ask about it...  

Nadian
Crew

Maiden of Night

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:41 pm
Ouran High School Host Club!!
It just finished up this September.
Watch it on YouTube.
Very good series in my opinion if you like comedy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:00 pm
I found a sort of old anime called Ranma 1/2 it's pretty good though i'm not sure if you'll like it.......best to get the manga first then get the dvd if you like it not many eps on youtube.  

Cobalt Masquerade

Dapper Dabbler

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:31 pm
powerpuff girls z...
'nough said...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:36 pm
Nobody said Bleach? Honestly.
pfft.
anyways. Bleach. IN Japanese is the best since its all cheesy in English.

Does that count as new?  

aurelia sabina

Codebreaking Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

dusklord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:40 am
Afro Samuri wasallright....reminded me alot of Ninja Scroll...and also Hellsing even though thats been out a few years  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:12 pm
uh...well have you seen Gantz? i think the manga is still going out in japan...i don't think its done yet...Can you be more specific about what type of anime you're looking for?

I mean you say you have alot of anime, but do you have old school anime like Devil Man? Or Cutey Honey? Those aren't really too popular, so people don't know about them. Do you prefer action or drama? Romance maybe? XD

There is a fairly new anime called Ikki Tousen, but it has some graphic scenes of violence and sexual content, so I don't know if that's okay with you. There's another less sexual anime called tenjou tenge, but that's not to recent. And there's Burst Angel, which has some fan service ^^ well, I hope I helped somewhat. Have you heard of Elfen Lied? or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Oh also, Gakuen Heaven is a cute anime, but it has boy love in it, so I don't know if you'd watch that. ^^"  

EmikoKitsune

Zephire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:31 pm
Victorian Romance Emma seems fairly unknown and only came out about a year or so ago. It's my personal favourite. Although it's definitely not everyone's cup o' tea. Thus far it's not liscenced, so Anime Suki should have links for it. And if that doesn't work, it's on YouTube.

Hellsing Ultimate is good, if not very bloody. And Police Girl's breasts change size in almost every scene xd Not as much as in Hellsing, though. But it's still amusing.

Umm... I can't think of any others you most likely haven't seen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 am
Code Geass is a good series, as well as Night Head Genesis (for some tastes, it's definitely not an everyone's-favorite series.) NHG just finished up not long ago, Code Geass is still running (the episode 14 fansub was just released by the gg fansub group. As in only a few hours ago.)

Hm. Death Note, if you're not watching that already. It recently got licensed in a sub version by Viz, and they're going to release it online in a download-to-rent and download-to-buy version, I believe. There's still a few fansub groups working on it as well, though. Black Blood Brothers recently finished, highly recommended by a lot of my friends (I haven't personally watched it yet, though I have quite a few episodes stashed away. Too busy) as is Red Garden.

That's about all I've got...  

Novatierrie

Zephire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:29 pm
Le Chevalier D'Eon is pretty good. I think the creators read about the real D'Eon and decided to have fun with it xd Right now IGN is hosting the first episode dubbed in English.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:57 pm
Hellsing Ultimate's first disk is out... it technically an OVA but their redoing it so its closer to the manga than the fiction they fed us after the fourth or fifth ep in the last one. It basically covered everything in the first manga.... but way better than the last one... um... you could check out the vampire hunter D novels, they'd give you something to look forward to bi-annually and they are way different from the two ovas that they did. (i recommend those if you havent seen them)... erm theres a live action hana kimi on youtube but its not subtitled and you would need to read the manga to know whats going on. (or wait for the release, but that takes soo long ><) erm.... nothing else comes to mind.  

Girl Who Sings

Princess_Arwen_19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:10 pm
well i liked the movie spirited away and i liked the tv show called inuyasha. when i was younger i used to watch sailor moon when it was on i dont know if anyoe else here saw it either but i liked it anyways cause they're was always something in it for everyone. same with inuyasha.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 pm
It really depends on what you're into. Like Actiony, shojo-y, Aliens, vampires, bounty hunters....

Honestly I'm the first of many to suggest manga over anime just because the original is regularly better but that is your decision entirely.  

Archangel31

Dark Blondie2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm
I don't know what you've seen so I will just name off what I know...
Wolf's Rain
DNAngel
Inuyasha
Dai-Guard
Nadesico (SP)
Case Closed
Saiyuki
Angel Sanctuary
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic Fumofoo (SP)
Samurai Champloo
Samarai X
Trinity Blood
Blood Plus
Bleach
Yu-Yu-Hakasho (SP)
That's all I can think of right now...I hope you get an idea from my list  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games