Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
To those who wish to die... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tortoises

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:29 am
Alright. You read the title, you know what this is about. I want you all to think about something here. Just think, how selfish it would be to kill yourself.. I too, have wanted to at one stage until I was asked, whether I knew how selfish it would have been to kill myself.
Just think, about all of your relatives.
Just think, about all your friends out there who love and care about you. Just think about all the people, even if you don't know it, that care for you.

When you think about all this, isn't this a lot of people? And think about another thing, if you died, how much pain would you cause them?

No matter how bad things get, remember that there is somebody that cares for you. You will never know what kind of impact your death will have on the people around you. It is true, they may be happier, but nobody could possibly be happy about somebody else taking their life. Even those who you beleieve drove you to think so low of yourself; would care if you died. If anything they would feel worst. Knowing they caused you to do such a thing.. One suicide can cause another, and another. That is a lot of deaths all over somebody taking their life for grantit.

If you have considered all these things, and still think that your life is worthless; There is really nothing I can do about that.. I just wanted to remind you all about how much a lot of you take life for grantit and don't apprecciate it..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:54 am
I don't think suicide should be encouraged [making reference to your last words]. Though for someone who thinks so low of themselves even after thinking of all that people it shouldn't even be worth living, I still don't encourage it. It couldn't have any more truth in it than those words: too many people would get hurt, and it WOULD be selfish. It's your life, yes, but plenty of people are part of it. And by taking it away, you are taking away a great part of life from these people. That's what I think, anyway. ninja  

Sotur

Azraella Caine

Distinct Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Give a kitten milk and he'll be full for a day.

I must say...I've been to the point of suicidal thoughts before. And having people scream at me that if I did it I'd just be a selfish b***h, well that didn't help do anything more than convince me that I was right that nobody cared about me. confused

What you're saying is true (except the part about encouragement...that just strikes me as un-called-for), of course, but I think that throwing around the word "selfish" does nothing more than further belittle the suicidal person.
Teach a kitten to hunt and he'll be full for life. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:25 pm
I get the feeling you're encouraging suicide. This is probably not the best post for the suicidal person to read.  

WindAndFire

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:29 am
i have patches of that but i fight them and now they are less common and my desiore has weakened.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:59 pm
Some people think about only the people around them, and how much better off people would be without them. They don't think anyone would care; They don't feel loved. If anything, they assume that people will laugh at them when they're dead, Dance on their graves if you will. They see no future, they see nothing in the present, they see no past worthwhile. The stress is too much.

Now pertaining to that... You only get one life... once you take it, it's gone. You can't beg to get it back, No matter how hard you try. You can't take anything with you. You don't know if it's better or worse...You don't know for a fact if when you're dead, if there's nothing beyond that... you don't know what you could have done to better not only your old life but those around you... You don't know how you could have influenced someone to be better but their chance was lost because you took your own life. You don't get to take little risks anymore... Your friends don't come with you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, the last paragraph of what you said... I took out a sentence... It's against the TOS to encourage Suicide

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

IKurando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:59 pm
I haven't read all the posts, but as far as selfishness, some people have friends who aren't really friends. they just have no Idea how to say buzz off.

In relation to not commiting suicide, however, think about this. Suicide is a huge sin, and should you commit it, you're not gonna have a good time in whatever comes afterlife.

to sum it up into one question;

Live a full life, no matter how happy or sad, and exist (for lack of better word) in paradise for the rest of eternity,

OR

Kill yourself early because of one little event that could be of no consequence in the long run, and spend eternity in a living hell
so to speak. you choose. you get the benefits.

K  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:24 pm
I always tell people who wants to kill themselves that they are stupid. That if they kill themselves they lose to the game of life..and they are suckers forever. I always ask them if they liked playing games and winning at the game. Most of the time i get the answer that they like to win. So i go on and tell them that life is like a game...if you like winning and want to win in this 'game' there is no short cut or no easy way. To win this 'game' you have to keep rolling the dice until you get to the end. Then i ask them if they hate it when people quit in the middle and most of the time they agree that it is very annoying. I tell them that quitting in this 'game' is just exactly like that. With the 'game' i think i get it through to them that if they can't live for anything else, they should live to win. I know that, that's kind of bad, but it's alot better than giving up right? I think so. I've given this speech of mine so many times to so many people, that wants to kill themselves. It does help the people who come talk to me...but that's what i think of life too...when i get crazy and upset.  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Keiji Death Kiss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:34 pm
Quote:
Alright. You read the title, you know what this is about. I want you all to think about something here. Just think, how selfish it would be to kill yourself.. I too, have wanted to at one stage until I was asked, whether I knew how selfish it would have been to kill myself.
Just think, about all of your relatives.
Just think, about all your friends out there who love and care about you. Just think about all the people, even if you don't know it, that care for you.

When you think about all this, isn't this a lot of people? And think about another thing, if you died, how much pain would you cause them?

No matter how bad things get, remember that there is somebody that cares for you. You will never know what kind of impact your death will have on the people around you. It is true, they may be happier, but nobody could possibly be happy about somebody else taking their life. Even those who you beleieve drove you to think so low of yourself; would care if you died. If anything they would feel worst. Knowing they caused you to do such a thing.. One suicide can cause another, and another. That is a lot of deaths all over somebody taking their life for grantit.

If you have considered all these things, and still think that your life is worthless; There is really nothing I can do about that.. I just wanted to remind you all about how much a lot of you take life for grantit and don't apprecciate it..

Flaming as well as lecturing those who may be considering or having suicidal thoughts is not going to do them any good. Although I will admit not all of this was harsh and this was perhaps good intended the wording can come across as cold and uncaring.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:48 am
I think everyone comes across a time in their life where suicide seems like an open door. Life seems pointless, or they feel like they don't deserve it. I myself have had a run in with this- nothing serious but it's still there. And trust me, when people call you a coward, or selfish, it only makes it worse. I like the game example that lilipepper used because that's absoloutly right. Except if I were to give the speech I'd throw in that in this game there are no other players, because no one can live your life. That way the game is a game against no one- would you rather win or loose if you were the only one playing? Most people I'm guessing would say win. Telling suicidal people that their stupid because they want to kill themselves will only increase those thoughts. It's better to be considerate and caring. I'd tell them about all the people that would miss them and the effects it could have on others- but leave out the selfish part.  

Ayllin

Nammu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 pm
Enveryone haves someone who loves them, and if they suicide, im sure that would crush someone. Everybody thinks what would happen if they die or suicide, I have, and is not pretty, I can see my friends hurt, my family drowning in there tears and all of them asking themself "Why?" Thers no real reason to suicide, is not right. Almost everything haves a solution, they just have to look for it, and Im sure that the next day they will ask themself "What was I thinking?!" I love life, and in my opinion, what is suicide, and hurting myself and does other negative stuff is stupid. (I hope I'm not ofending no one ^_^;;; )  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:08 pm
Nammu
Enveryone haves someone who loves them, and if they suicide, im sure that would crush someone. Everybody thinks what would happen if they die or suicide, I have, and is not pretty, I can see my friends hurt, my family drowning in there tears and all of them asking themself "Why?" Thers no real reason to suicide, is not right. Almost everything haves a solution, they just have to look for it, and Im sure that the next day they will ask themself "What was I thinking?!" I love life, and in my opinion, what is suicide, and hurting myself and does other negative stuff is stupid. (I hope I'm not ofending no one ^_^;;; )

right on, nammu! it IS stupid. of course, telling the person at that very moment would b just as stupid, since they really wouldn't react. but it's stupid nonetheless. the right moment just has to be hand-picked, like evrything else.  

Sotur

a 1 y 0 k u

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:44 pm
when the ones who love you are the ones who are hurting you....bad. What the heck r u supposed to do about ur situation? Sure they might miss u 4 lyk....a day. But, they'll just pick someon else to abuse and put down.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:22 pm
I've felt like commiting suicide, I've attempted twice. There was only one thing that kept me alive though, and that's that I know what it would do to the two people who care about me in this poor pitiful place we call Earth, but I also realize that it would be much easier to wait untill I'm older and then I can kill those who oppose me as a person.  

Zara the Shadow of Chaos

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:44 pm
NinDragon
I've felt like commiting suicide, I've attempted twice. There was only one thing that kept me alive though, and that's that I know what it would do to the two people who care about me in this poor pitiful place we call Earth, but I also realize that it would be much easier to wait untill I'm older and then I can kill those who oppose me as a person.

...Killing those who have wronged you.... I don't see it as wise, just forgive them and move on, you'll be much happier in the end.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff