420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:01 am
I thought it was about time I started a new thread. Behold:
What is humanity?
Because we look and act a certain way does that make us humans?
If so, what is inhuman?
Can one become inhuman?

Have fun! ^_~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:05 am
And I bring forth my oldest arguement:
What are we?
Are we human? Simply because we say we are does not make it so, human attitudes are what make us 'human,' and those who are different are labelled as 'unhuman,' almost as if the human cannot comprehend the entirety of its behavior, along with its faults. Anything that scares the human is not real, is not here, is not anything, and therefore, the human tries to get rid of it, the examples are everywhere, from the Salem witch trials, to the present day executions of the 'criminals' that 'plauge the world'. Good and bad are similar. Truly the human has made the concepts itself, because no one told them that it was so, no one told them that good was treating people fairly and kindly, and always being polite. Every human wishes to be 'good' because it is not something in their nature, it is not something that it can have, so it wishes desperately to own it, just like all of the things that it is denied. And if you are saying to yourself, "of course someone told the human that good was good and bad was bad, God did," then I challenge you. Who made the concept of God? The humans saw their own weakness, so they made a person or entity that would never truly exist, so it could have no faults, no pain, no distrust, and nothing that would remind the human of its own imperfections. Now if you say "this person thinks of themselves as more then human," I challenge you once again. I do not think I am any more or any less then the human, I just am. I am here, and I see the imperfections of the world around me, and in me, but I do not think of myself as any more then the human. I am a silent observer. Or I was. Until I realized that many do not see the human as I do. I do not expect you to embrace my theories, but I hope you will not totally dismiss them. They are what I have noted through my years of being human, through witnesses the strengths and weaknesses firsthand, and questioning my way of life. I do wish for a reprive from the stupid repitition of each pointless day, doing exactly what I am told to "if I'm ever to survive in this world" but I long for a way that I can do what I wish, and observe the humans, as I do now, but separate from the feelings that plaugue them, make them weak, but also being a part of them. If you still follow my train of thought, I wish to leave you something to think about, if humans make their own world, and we are part of the humans, why can't we make ours? The answer is in your mind, in your heart, in everything you see, everything you breathe. You can. But no one ever will. And you know why? Because they'll never accept the fact that they can. Which is why I had to write this.  

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:25 pm
nobody loves me! crying sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:28 pm
ok im afraid my view of the human race will offend some people so im not shure if i should put it up. i have put a lot of thought into it so thats why it may offend people because the truth hurts. Also i agree with a lot of what you have said but i belive i could make a few minor additions to what you said for instence when you said that humans reject what they dont know about, they fear it. Yes the witch trials is a good example but so if the concept of darkness. Darkness can hide things and the human race dosent like it when things are hidden form them so they hate darkenss. Humans and quick to jump the gun. They will say that there is more then just humans out in the unaverse but they fail to see that humans arnt the only thing on this earth that look human. Ok most of you dont belive me but find i dont care if you belive me or not. If you do not belive me then you a the avrage human, scared of the unknown and objecting to something that goes agenst what you allready know or what you fear.

Those are some of the mild thing and some additions to what you said. also I am a obseber as well but i get in there and dig out what i want  

Zeal3000

[ Mod ] James

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:29 am
Every {time} I bleed, ~there~ lies the reason -to- live...
===============~{The Final}~===============

Oh thank you for posting this. I already messed up one "humans" thread in reality and was too lazy to change it, but now i can rant in this thread w00t!!!
My views on Humans >.>

Humans don't know what it means to be a monster. To them a monster is anything they don't understand. They give it a horrific label and treat it as a threat, rejecting, exterminating, slaughtering it into oblivion. Monsters are simply humans ways of hiding their ignorance. We do it even to our own species, Stigmatizing and resenting those born with an undesirable color of skin. Ferocity, cunning, relentlessness, and cowardice, humans most dangerous traits. <-----Taken from Pet Shop of Horrors, Volume 10

I believe humans are greedy, ignorant abominations that cannot co-exist with any shaoe or form of life on this planet. Although humans began as a species on this planet, we have grown and grown to the point where we have advanced to a level of exotic invaders. The land we were so graciously given to us by the mother earth is now being destroyed over petty arguments and differences. Humans bring death, famine and plague wherever they go and regardless of their intentions. Humans greedily consume earths resources, abuse it and over-use it for personal gain. People have a certain level of conciousness that makes them aware of their situation but gives them no power to take control of it. People must create weapons becasue they are far to meek and feeble without them, they must create government because without it they are mere "animals". Humans claim that they are above animals, a higher species meant to protect the earth, when in reality they are far below animals. Humans dont even serve a purpose. Even the tiniest of organisms on this planet serve a purpose to a point. But what have humans got??? global warming? Destruction of rainforests, thousands of miles of landscapes, and pollution? Deaths of thousands of species that have done nothing but try to exist? No, all humans have done is create a temporary cacoon of violence and false realities in which they can immerse themselves while the planet slowly crumbles beneath them. As it crumbles wars are fought, wars about simple things like oil and money. MONEY the root of all destruction. Overall this thin piece of inky paper serves no purpose, it has no statistical value whatsoever, until given to a human. To a human money represents what they own, can own. With this piece of papaer they can buy and destroy land, waste natural resources, kill others, and the list goes on. thousands upon thousands starve each day, just because they do not have a piece of paper that magically grants them acess to all of these things necessary for living. an average of 40,000children die of starvation each day, all becasue people cannot live without "legal tender" granted to them through the strange system called government. Children, another taboo of the human species. Even as the baby booms have died down and it seems that the baby population is slowly decreasing...it isnt. as the death rate of infants increases and the birth rate decreases, the population is still going up. How? you might ask, well the answer is quite simple. Sex. yes sex. Although the amount of babies born decreases every day, the simple human urge of sex comes in. Most humans being greedy lifeforms indulge themselves in it. Every day more people are having sex and increasing the population, so even China, which has the lowest birth rate in the world, contiues to grow at 10,000,000 people a year. For some reason people seem to think that the only way to immortalize themselves, make sure they are never forgotten, is to bring another suffering life into this world. So ask yourself, with so much thousands of people dying each day, how can you possible justify the bringing another life into the world without thinking of the results? Moving on now to death. Diseases, sickness, plague, it all comes from somewehre and all has a purpose, to control and regulate the population. at some point certain diseases will kick in and maintain stasis over a species or area, but in mankinds case we hardly have that issue. With mans natural concious and ability to learn, we can overcome disease. each day wasting more and more of the earths resources just to save another human and extend the wretched life of our race. while as we create cures for diseases that aile us we also create diseases for everything esle. We create gases, biochemicals, nuclear particles that kill and destroy everything. We pollute the air everyday with our cars, trash, everything we do has a negative consequence because at this point humans are so far gone we cant even do good for this planet anymore...no matter how hard we try. Nuclear war wont end the human, extraterrestial threats wont, the only thing that can stop human is awareness that we lack. Even if 99.9% of all humans on earth were to be killed, there would still be over 65,000 people left on the planet. thats quite a large number for such small creatures. Even that number is enough to still harm the planet. Everyday species go extinct, humans are responsible in every way shape and form. No one seems to care about these species, we all just go on living, if its even just to call it that anymore, and continue to kill animals. Lets take a look at something real quick. A human kills an animal, shoots it dead-well thats fine we are just doing it for food and teh better of our species. An animal attacks a human out of basic instinct and for food so it can SURVIVE. It gets shot and killed because somewhere in the twisted reasoning of the human brain the word hypocracy seems to ring freely. It's not right for animals to act on instinct, but humans can just do as they please. Another thing, murder. Someone is robbing a bank, they need money for food becasue in this society we revolve around paper. The robbers are shot and killed, teh policeman that did it are "heroes for some reason. Somehow ending a life of another is correct becasue it is politically "Just". I don't see how that can ever make sense. At last we near the end, people ask, "well dont humans do some good for the enviroment?" take a look what do you think. Melting glaciers, pollution, millions of extinct species, fading o-zone, the list just goes on and on, in no way whatsoever have human been a benefit to this planet since they have existed on it. No some ask "well arent animals just like us, they dont do anything for the economy?" well truth is most do. Animals, mammals, plants, everything fits in somewhere and serves some purpose for life to keep going, Humans unfortunately dont fit in this circle.

Now i could go on and on and about humans, but I am REALLY TIRED right now and i have to go to school extremely early, in fact within 4 hours i have to go to sleep and wake up again. Because of this there are several parts in here that might/are messed up, typos or just dont make sense. if you get confused just ask and i will try to figure out what i was explaining in this tired state. So These are all pretty much basic concept and ideas I share about humans. Feel free to question and argue them i dont care i love debate. But please dont be stupid about it and ask ovbious retarded things. Notice i did exclude my ranting of why humans should all die, though reading this pretty much explains what i would say.

===============~{The Final}~=================
...And I (-discover-) words _becoming_ so vivid and bright.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:38 am
Thank you for your opinions ^_^
There are not many people who have responded to this topic. Perhaps I shouldn't have questioned the very nature of the human in a topic thread of people... O_o
Gah! School. Thank you so much for responding to my ... rather interesting questions...
I hardly expected anyone to now, especially since I hadn't had much response in the last few days.
Lmao as for staying up so late.. I haven't gone to sleep tonight, even though I am only responding now...

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

[ Mod ] James

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:18 pm
Every {time} I bleed, ~there~ lies the reason -to- live...
===============~{The Final}~===============

Well, like I said, I have another thread on how humans suck in another guild, and I messed it up cus im stupid, so I felt like moving over to this one >.>

===============~{The Final}~=================
...And I (-discover-) words _becoming_ so vivid and bright.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:25 pm
Sorry I did not read each of your posts yet, but wow... they are quite long.

Anyway, here is my opion.

You are asking if we are human and what makes us human.

In one sense, we are all human and nothing anyone says or does can change it. We all are born as homo sapiens, we eat, live and breath as homo sapiens and die as homo sapiens. Quite often human is used to mean homo sapien therefor we are all human.

Now if you mean humane... that is a different story. Behing humane is all about someone elses, usually societies, opinon on how you treat other things. Usually, someone who is nice to everything is considered humane and someone who is a mass murderer is considered inhumane. Also, human is occasionally used to mean humane. So yes, it is possible to be considered human or unhuman.

Weither or not this means you are or are not human really depends on which angle you are taking on the word human.  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

Neon Proxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:35 pm
I've been watching, I've -{been}- waiting, In the ~shadows~ for my_time
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*/The Rasmus/^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I guess no one else wants to give their thought on humans...how sad @_@...

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~/In the Shadows/=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
^I've^ been |searching|, I've ~been~ _living_, For tomorrows {all} my *life*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:09 pm
No matter how the a human being acts doesn't make them human or inhuman. Being human is simply having the genetic structure that we humans have. Simple as that.  

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

IKurando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:34 pm
inhumanity, I guess as understood today, is commiting a crime against humans, for example, mass-murder, or the destruction of symbolic or important property, for example D.C. so I guess it is possible to be "inhuman" by the understanding of the word today.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:16 pm
This is one of the nine satanic statements. I'm not a satanist, but I think it describes my opinion pretty well.

Quote:
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

Wings Akimbo

nacho 777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm
augh! i think that humans are worse than any other animal, scratch that, thing(there we go!) on the earth!!! i mean, if you're reading this, then you're on the computer, therefore using electricity and destroying the earth!
there should be no humans!(i'm not a mass murderer........)we take and don't give back! since the day fire was invented we were doooomed!!!

now that i've vented a little, humans are pretty nice. we show compassion in great ways and do help others and such.........ya  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:17 pm
What is humanity? all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.
Because we look and act a certain way does that make us humans? Yes. (i don't know how to explain it)
If so, what is inhuman? not human. Doesn't have the qualitys of a human.
Can one become inhuman?No. We naturally cannot become "inhuman". Your either born human or inhuman. Humans cannot evolve to become inhuman, for example: if a human lives with monkeys for their whole life, that human does not turn inhuman, like a monkey, because he still has human qualitys.

(if anyone said this already, i didn't know)  

zenyk

faerie_ophelia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 pm
Well, here's my two cents' worth...

Humans are:
1) A species of Eukarya (specifically, animals)...
2) A being synonymous with the aforementioned definition that invents and also destroys; that is arrogant and can still admit to their insignificance; that is creative and comes up with all sorts of ideas, yet can be stiff and stuck in their ways and thoughts; that, according to many of its own systems of morals, is both wonderfully good and horrifically evil; that cares for others while seeking to harm others; that can learn so much without being able to say they really know anything; and that can look inward and outward and still figure that they might see some sort of answer, whether they do or not.

And those who are human can't turn unhuman.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff