Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
cool quotes Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon of debauchery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 am
this is for people to post some of their own original quotes that they find inspirational

mine is

"through hardships, people grow stronger and build character. that that character shine through all the ill-light times in life"
- Demon of Debauchery  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:56 pm
"We’re each just a grain of sand in the hourglass, dropping one by one to meet our fate. Our aging marks the passage of time. No matter what we do, we can never change that path."
- Chime Elf

I would like to add that I have contrary thoughts as to whether you can or cannot change your fate, so this is for those who believe that you can't change fate.

Chime Elf

strange_dreams_512

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:30 am
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Sir Winston Churchill  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 pm
"man will always need one of two things;a companion, or a sanctuary. without either of these, man shall break."-Kurando

think about it. if you don't have a friend, or if you don't have anywhere to retreat to, your going to be incredibly fragile. but, most everyone has a sanctuary; their mind.  

IKurando

Baulder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:33 pm
It's really more of a haiku than a quote, but I sitll thin it's cool.

"Among flowers, the Cherry Blossoms. Among men, the Samurai." -The 47 Ronnin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:42 am
these are all really good ones

i like this one

"we are not here for ourselves, but to extend society as a whole being, no action done in itself is entirley selfish, every action helps more than one person"  

demon of debauchery

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:24 pm
::Love::

"The essence of the present, an echo of the past, and a never-ending promise for forever."
- Stephanie Laurens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:22 pm
Double posting, but it's not my fault that others are so slow.

Okay, this is not exactly a quote, but a 'line' from a play I wrote two years ago for a school play.

"He’s never there for me anymore; he never treats me like he loves me. Not to mention that my life isn’t so perfect at the moment. It’s like…it’s like every bad thing that happens in my life are like little droplets of water, dousing my inner flame, until all that is left are the ashes, which continue to live, but live no real life at all. I feel my life slipping away from my control, and each day that Derek is not by my side, I fall further into that empty void. I need to feel loved again; I need those small gestures of tenderness, like a touch of a hand or small words of adoration, to spark that flame inside of me back to life."
- Chime Elf

Chime Elf

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:53 am
True power comes from the strength of the heart and the purity of the soul
~Robert Silvermyst  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:31 pm
I cannot tell you how much I adore quotes, and all of these so far are very deep.

"fly high"-Kurando

think beyond the surface.  

IKurando

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:36 pm
"Gay marriage should be between a man and a woman"-Governator  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:58 pm
I'm not even going to try to understand your quote, unless it's in the gay=happy context.
And even then, I'm not too sure I'll acknowledge it...

Chime Elf

Baulder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:28 pm
I've got a bunch of quotes, so I'll put them up here littel at a time.

"If Damnation is my fate, atleast let it be worth something in the end." -Han Xin, the Doomed Soul.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:50 am
"give a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life" - Brian Lührs, self proclaimed god  

Civilized Barbarian

demon of debauchery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:53 am
"when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally experience peace" - james marshall hendrix (jimi hendrix)  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff