Submit

Post?
  Yes?
  No?
  Pollwhore ><
View Results

invisblebuddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:06 pm
This is just a simple beginning, but I want the topic to grow and expand with theories.
Many religions believe in a form of damnation (Hell, etc.). I want to know what people that do believe in Hell think about the people who do not believe in Hell or even their religion.
Short and sweet; let's roll!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:17 pm
Anytime now...  

invisblebuddy

invisblebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:21 pm
I'll start sweatdrop
I'm a Wiccan (with some of my own beliefs added in) so I don't believe in hell. I was raised Catholic and was told I was going to hell when I was eight because my parents were divorced and I didn't know my prayers. That is quite literally what the man said to me after confession. Eleven years later, I am still curious as to why that would constitute damnation...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:20 pm
Well, I am an athiest, so I do not believe in hell. If there is some form of hell, then I know that I would be going there even if I was a part of the religion that was correct about hell. But, I do not care because I am confortable with how I live my life, and even if there was proof of hell, I still would not try to amend my ways because I will not change who I am.  

locke317

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:10 pm
well i am an atheist too, but i have my own heory about life and death, and as part of that i have to say that hell doesnt exist, this world is divided in "all" and "nothing" and as you can see nothing is a part of the all but there again nothing its just that, so people over centuries have known this and elaborated tons of believes around it, but the simply truth is that once you die you will just be separated from your being and divided in three parts in order to complete the cycle of each of them (body(the dust to dust thing), your soul(the in-concious) and the aura(the energy recycled cycle))

and before some1 say that i am not atheist cuz i "believe" hear this :

atheo the heb word mean A = no Theo = god so thats right i have no god's representative, and all the subdivison of this have been used for centuries to coufuse ppl... yeah i also think that religions are twisted version of what they use to be in a begginning mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:47 pm
I am a Kemetic. As far as my faith goes, our souls are comprised of many parts, one part is our ka or our heart-soul, the seat of our personality. This is the only part of our entire soul that can be destroyed. When the heart-soul is weighed against the feather of Ma'at (The symbol of truth, order and justice), if the ka has obtained clarity and enlightenment and has been purged of all isfet (evil) which is done through the 42 confessions prior to the weighing as well as how we have lived our lives, then the ka will weigh the same as the feather and we enter into the Duat, or heaven, paradise, what have you. If it fails, then the ka is eaten by Ammit and the ba (original soul or true soul) is sent back to earth, retaining some memories of all past lives, to be reincarnated and a new ka is created for it by one (or two) of the Gods and/or Goddesses.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Dreamer Aura Laforest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:29 am
King Robert Silvermyst
I am a Kemetic. As far as my faith goes, our souls are comprised of many parts, one part is our ka or our heart-soul, the seat of our personality. This is the only part of our entire soul that can be destroyed. When the heart-soul is weighed against the feather of Ma'at (The symbol of truth, order and justice), if the ka has obtained clarity and enlightenment and has been purged of all isfet (evil) which is done through the 42 confessions prior to the weighing as well as how we have lived our lives, then the ka will weigh the same as the feather and we enter into the Duat, or heaven, paradise, what have you. If it fails, then the ka is eaten by Ammit and the ba (original soul or true soul) is sent back to earth, retaining some memories of all past lives, to be reincarnated and a new ka is created for it by one (or two) of the Gods and/or Goddesses.

That sounds good, but does it mean that there is no Hell in your religion, but a Purgatory, which is the profane world? And what happens to the ka eaten by Ammit?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:25 pm
A ka eaten by Ammit is destroyed entirely, non-existence. As for weather there is Hell in my religion, there is punishment of the ba delivered by Wesir, but it is not eternal and only for those who have lived their lives in evil, such as rapists, murderers and other who willingly go out and harm other people for their own profit or desires. Eventually, your ba will be reincarnated when it is deserving of a second chance in those cases.  

King Robert Silvermyst

The God Filicide

5,850 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:33 am
I am a Satanist which means (despite anything and everything different you have ever heard about it before) i believe in only myself to complete a destiny that has not been determined becasue i have not chosen to live it that way. In a sense i am my own God, because God is an omnipotent existance or ablsolute to whatever it applies to and in this religion: Myself.
Ok now let me make a few things clear:
1. I do not worship the Devil or Satan.
2. I do not sacrafice living animals to the Devil or Satan.
3. I DO understand why everyone is not a Satanist and am willing to explain it.

Thank you for your time assuming you took the time to read this 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:42 pm
lol heavenor hell which ever path one chooses is unconcerned to me.
my belief is live life to the fullest as one can achieve.all i say is if i go to heaven, i'll be able to watch over ppl.If its hell well...at least it's nice and warm lol.  

Solav

faerie_ophelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am
Because of my religious and spiritual background, my beliefs are pretty confused and I've decided to attempt to let it all go. However, in the meantime, it means that sometimes I believe in heaven and hell, sometimes in some other thing, sometimes in nothing (and it's a good conviction while I'm a believer - makes me feel a little loopy). One thing that's constant, though, is that when I think about the possibility of hell, I'm certain that if it exists, it's my fate.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:58 pm
hmmm yes I believe that after yoou die ur DEAD but since my parentss are christioan and I go to a christion reatreas and such I will tell you an interesting story that sumone told me.

here it goes...

Ok so it was like a little speech from this lady and she was a singer person and so one of her jobs was to sing at a jewish festival. She was telling out story and then she was like"it dawned on me that every single person in this synaguage was gointg to hel because they did not believe in Jesus as their messaih." and then she kept repeating herself by saying"IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOR YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!" HOW SCARY IS THAT?  

chobitsmangalover

Jamais Vu Experience

Demonic Pup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:19 pm
Well for me, I'm non-deonominational meaning I believe in Jesus Christ but do not do any rituals (only praying really), so Hell is to me as describe in Dante's Inferno and the 9 circle of Hell. Yet I truely have doubt in my prayers so... I'll convert to some other religion. rolleyes

And by The God Filicide terms I would be consitered Satanist, but really I think that religions don't matter as long as you have faith in something.
Also for athiest who want facts and proof before they go in a religion...
Religion is about Beliefs no FACTS  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:58 pm
ZiCat

Exactly. That is why I see no need to believe in religion. There is not much that can be gained, in my opinion, from just pure belief.  

locke317

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:32 pm
locke317
ZiCat

Exactly. That is why I see no need to believe in religion. There is not much that can be gained, in my opinion, from just pure belief.
Whether my beliefs are real or not, I have no idea. What I do think is that religion, no matter what it is, gives a person a platfom to step on and something to have faith in. In other words, it'll tie them over until they die because they refuse to accept the idea of nothing afterwards. Well, it is so much more than that, but, generally speaking, that does appear to be the matter at hand. Because, if we just died, and nothing would happen afterwards, what's the point to try to live a good life? If there was no point, things could easily turn to chaos. So, it can also be a way to keep us in line. I'm not saying someone who doesn't have a religion of any sort couldn't be a perfectly sane and well-functioning person.

As for the topic at hand, I do believe in a heaven and a hell. I believe that people that go to hell are those that allow themselves to live in sin and not even feel guilt about it; this includes turning their back on Him in any way.

Just to say this now, I'm not some Bible thumper. I have accepted that there is freedom of religion, and, even though I may not agree with them, I tolerate it.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff