Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

add a
  poll
View Results

jazzy says yarr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:47 am

because all life is carbon based?

im pretty sure there are things that could survive in other conditions like a heavily sulfuric atmosphere with little to no water because they dont need it, and so on.

just something if been thinking about for a while.

thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:53 am
Personally I think people have been warped by their perceptions on whats 'alien' to us. They seem to think they the result is going to be like us in some way or form.

Personally; I think if we did happen to come across aliens, they'd probably be a single-celled organism, or maybe even something we couldn't imagine. Who is to say that there's substances that we haven't discovered yet to add to the periodic table, and that's what they could be made of. It might even be found on Earth.

I think people are sort of tuned into one theory, and that's all they'll accept. A lot of people are pretty closed-minded on the subject of life in space, so they're just going to naturally assume what TV has taught them; that aliens are and only can be the typical sort; the grey ones.

And the problem is, if you try and express a different view on that, they reject your ideas; claiming that they're insane. Perhaps they should rethink what they're saying. The theory of 'greys' isn't exactly that realistic, is it?

Apocynthion

ArcadiaB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:18 pm
I agree. I'm not sure, but I hope that astronomers are looking for all life. Not just planets like Earth. (Hoping to be one of them someday! heart )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:54 pm
I agree that there could be life on different planet from ours. I mean there are thousands of creature living in under water techtonic (can't spell) plates with no sunlight and under thousands of pounds of pressure and heat but they are still thriving and living normally just like other animals.  

[~.Fallangel.~]

jazzy says yarr

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:31 am

agreed [& good luck to you, mugglea :3]

but it seems that theyre only searching for planets with conditions similar to earth, and if they arent doing what skye had suggested, then maybe they know something we dont?

like,
if they arent reeealy looking for life, but more so where life can go?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:37 am
i really dont care about aliens... i only want them to find another planet similar to this so we can go there when the earth colapse, and of coure make thigns rite not the way we did it here, aliens can wait, first go the own survival  

Nitro-kun

fairywaif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:30 pm
Technically, it doesn't have to have carbon, but it does need water. I think there is life out there, it may not be close enough to ever reach but it's there. With all the planet and random possibilites in this world, of course there is. It may be in a totally different form, and it may or may not be intelligent.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:29 am
I do not no what you are talking about...will I am but I can't explain....how lame...... sweatdrop  

QueenAngel242

AvariciaMooneater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 pm
kk
i have this really weird and probably crazy theory that not only links to the planet thing, but to atlantis.
I think that humans and their relative animals are not native to this planet. i think we existed on some other planet as some really inteliigen culture and decided to explore. I think Atlantis wasnt a city at all, but a means of transportation between planets.((cuz i havent heard anything of atlantis being discovered. For all we know, its not on earth anymore.
Anyways, there is my crazy theory.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:29 am
i think they are just looking cause we as humans are destroying our own planet and need to find one soon we can live on and survive  

ladyred69

locke317

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:43 pm
fairywaif
Technically, it doesn't have to have carbon, but it does need water. I think there is life out there, it may not be close enough to ever reach but it's there. With all the planet and random possibilites in this world, of course there is. It may be in a totally different form, and it may or may not be intelligent.

Well, if you want to get really technical, it shouldn't even need water, though, I am pretty sure that there would then have to be a substitute for water with the same properties, which, as of yet, we have not found. And, I do not believe that aliens would be made of an element that we do not have on the periodic table, mainly because the ones that are above what we have decay very quickly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:06 pm
i'm scared of outer space in general. i don't even know why i opened this thread...

*shivers*  

nannerz_loves_you

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:47 pm
What would be the point of trying to locate an alien entity that has a completly different sort of existance from us? Could we ever even come close to communicating if we can't exist in the same location? Perhaps by computer technology or whatnot, maybe. But an interface seems unlikely at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:28 am
FriendlyFangirl88
What would be the point of trying to locate an alien entity that has a completly different sort of existance from us? Could we ever even come close to communicating if we can't exist in the same location? Perhaps by computer technology or whatnot, maybe. But an interface seems unlikely at best.

the point would be for the knowledge that such exists. that's enough for me smile  

Calypsophia

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:00 am
If there are alien lifeforms, they'd need water, too. Of course it's possible, that they are able to survive in hazardous atmospheres.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff