Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Is being Gay really that bad? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxAnimeOtakuxX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:11 am
I don't know... Its just, life is so hard and you feel so different. My parents are homophobic so they don't know. I've lost a few friends and gained some new bullies. I can't love anyone because I'll only get broken in return.

I don't really have a purpose. I keep thinking that. My friends keep telling me its not true but everyday I keep thinking that it is.

Its just so hard sometimes. I think that it would all be so much better if I give up because nothing's comming in my favor.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:23 am
As of right now...I would say yes, because a lot of people don't accept it yet. But there are many people who also do accept this. You know, if that's you then keep at it, don't give up just because there are people who don't accept who you are and what you like. In life, there will always be people who don't approve of what you do or what you like and they'll pick on you for it, they'll hate you. So you can't satisfy them anyway, just be who you are.

It's probably very tough to be gay because so many people don't accept it, but don't give up. I support gay and lesbian, I don't think there is anything wrong with liking the same gender. Don't give up...you just gotta find more people like you. And if you stopped being friends with some people then can you really call them friends? Friends shouldn't ditch you because you're gay, they all have their own mind and opinions, but they shouldn't let it bother them so much as to not be friends with you anymore.

Give it time and keep fighting, because if you give up, then who is going to fight for other people like you? You should stand tall and fight with the people like you who are going through exactly the things you are going through.

CrimsonxXxSolace

XxAnimeOtakuxX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 am
... Yeah... It makes sense. Thanks. ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:41 am
There's nothing wrong with liking the same gender. People are just freaked out by things that are different.... Honestly I got harassed about being pansexual (all*) and in the end it made me stronger against that kind of person. Check if there's a GSA in your school? Maybe you can make a few friends that way.

There's gay animals in nature too, so why people get freaked out about two humans really beats me. My old dog was gay.... always ran away to his boyfriend's house whenever he wanted to see him. Anatomy teacher was talking about the gorilla at the zoo being gay and said ducks are really gayest animals you can find. I thought it was sorta encouraging knowing it's not just humans....

You have life in you still, I assume you can wait till you're out of high school to find a lover, am I correct? Just gotta wait a few years.... it'll be hard but well worth it when you find them (Heck you might find 'em in high school but it just doesn't seem like your school's student body is very accepting towards it.

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

XxAnimeOtakuxX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:49 am
Not really. I go to a Catholic school so you can just feel the love. -_-

Animals? Really? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:07 pm
X_x ack you poor thing. Yeah, just let the time in highschool make you stronger for later....Those that stick by you in highschool are the people you want to hang on to...  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Shukketsu_Kokoro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:26 pm
I've had my ups and downs of it... since 3rd grade... but it WILL get better. It has to. Just make the most of life and love and don't let the burdens bring you down. There's a lot of good that you just need to find yourself. smile *huggles*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:28 pm
ouch. catholic school...

i'm kidna where your at... just not really? my dad is homophobic, and i haven't fully lost a friend to it. but... i am made fun of. but see, what you do, is turn the joke on them. they say something like "what are you looking at? what, do you want to get with me in bed?" you say "well... now that you mention it, flubber really DOES turn me on." =]

best of luck to you!  

Kogru

Vampire Game123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:17 pm
i know how you feel, i dont go to a catholic school but my family is split in 2 one side catholic the other side not , dads side of family (catholic ) are all homophobics, my mums side think that you are you and it dousent matter who or what you are, and you always will be you and nobody and nothing can change that, i am strait but support bi, gays and lesbian s, i have friends which are gays and bi's.
if your parents dont except you being you they really arent realy supportive and loving (not trying to be mean) if they cant see past you being gay then well ... you know what i mean  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:59 pm
being gay is not a bad thing. sometimes things like this just happen. i'm not gay but i understand what it's like for someone to say that u r and then start spreading it around. people would say that about me because i never had a boy friend. but that was because i didn't want one. but you will have to tell your parents sooner or later. the best thing to do is to wait until u go to college or find a place of ur own then tell them.  

lazi-party-girl

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

baigais

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:55 pm
It's not bad.
It's completely natural.

There are a lot of people who support, you just need to find them.
See, I'm bi and even though I live in a very conservative area, I go to a liberal school, so telling friends at school isn't a life-shattering experience.
I did, however, grow up with a mother who's a Jesus freak and a father who's a bigot against anyone who's different than, essentially, himself, so I refrain from telling my parents. I also haven't told my Christian friends.

You have to seperate who you tell and who you don't. You go to a Catholic school, but even people in Catholic school can have an open mind. Some people in Catholic school don't even believe a lick of it.

Your friends sound supportive. Do they know? I can't really infer from what you said.
If they do, and they support you, stick with them. They love you for who you are, not what gender you prefer.

Even just a few open-minded people will help you get through this time in your life. When you get older and live on your own, you can go find a place where the minority will be people who don't accept, instead of it being those who do.

Don't give up, you'll be okay.
Good luck.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:18 pm
It can be hard. And I assume you are Catholic since you go to a Catholic school which makes it even tougher if your family are really strong catholics like my moms side of the family.
lilipepper is right though, stand up and fight for who you are.
At least you've come out about it, I've only told a few of my close friends.
But if you're friends stopped treating you the same, then they weren't really your friends to begin with. They're entitled to their opinion, but they shouldn't let that get in the way of a TRUE friendship.
So keep on keeping on and change for NO ONE.
Remember, there will always be someone on your side, even if you don't know it.

Professor Inky

Chaos489

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:34 pm
Stand your ground. You shouldn't give in because of pressure. If you let other people influence you so much, then you end up living their life. there would be no point. Live life how you feel is right.

I was once advised to "live life how you would want to die". I replied "With no regrets"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:54 pm
i see nothing wrong with you being who you are
everyone is different
but we're all just people
and i think it's wrong to say that being gay is wrong just because it seems different
how do you know what is different?
i mean to you, being straight is different
so i figure there is no right or wrong
so, i say, be yourself
giving up or changing yourself never seems to work for me, honestly
i have a few gay friends
and sometimes it's hard for them to
but you'll find someone
not to sound cheesy, but there's someone for everyone
seriously
maybe that person just hasn't come yet
besides, ppl are starting to accept it more from what i've seen lately