Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Is it part of human nature? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 pm
Over the centuries mankind has been around, we have always ended up trying to kill eachother, make peace, then kill eachother again in an on going cycle..."history repeats itself."

Animals live in balance with nature, while humans attempt to live with nature. but we actually try to control nature to fit our needs. Everything must be in balance for the world to survive. I believe that because humans reproduce so fast and have no natural enemies besides ourselves, this is the reason that diseases exist and continue to change as a way for nature to attempt to keep the human population in balance.

No matter what we do to try and change our behavior, we always come full circle. My question is, "Do you believe it is human nature to kill ourselves because it is a way for nature to control the human population?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 am
I think it is, other creatures kill each other too, and it's impossible never to find reason for conflict so it makes sense.  

Chikiya

Sarallelogram

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:24 am
He'll always be my

That really makes alot of sence,
I never thought of it that way.

It's always been in a human's genes
to want more than we have,
so in an attempt to get more and learn more
and trying to be better than those around us,
we kill each other.

S u p e r h e r o <3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm
yes, I do think things like killing and war are natural to our species. and yes, I do think it's a form of natural population control in some species 'cause we're not the only ones known to do this. certain types of ants wage war, and chimps have been known to do so as well.  

Calypsophia

Sprockette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:12 am
I beleve this is true *nods*
because we are mammals (sort of ryhms with animals) andwe are nothing more than that,but we've evolved.Although,I don't think theres much balance since humans have practically taken over.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:59 pm
I think you're entirely correct. it's a big imbalance. our population is so big in places the environment can no longer provide for them. in nature, the population would only grow as big as the environment can sustain them. when they become too much, nature takes over and decimates the population of that species... look at lemmings.. they reproduce so much they run off cliffs committing suicide.. or the environment may dry out and yield no more food, or the population gets sick (plague) and 1/2 of them die. but our medicines and technologies keep natural selection at bay, so we grow ever more, ever larger...  

Calypsophia

MenDia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:55 pm
it is very possible though never to me known by humans themselves  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:16 pm
it is very passable but i highly doubt it we should learn from the past or history is doomed to repeat it's self as long as humanity realizes the past civilizations mistakes then we shouldn't drive our selfs into the ground  

Skyliner778

Dapper Noob

10,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:37 am
the things I have mentioned have happened and are happening as we speak. we already know about plagues which today has come in the form of AIDS and which is why we fear bird flu so much, 3rd world countries like ethiopia and others like it are starving because their land just cannot support them anymore and yet they keep multiplying. and rather than jumping off cliffs, we commit large scale war and kill ourselves that way.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:39 am
well a simple soultion is in a popular sci-fi t.v. series known as star trek.
we should do like the vulcans and breed once every seven years. becuase i am sick of hormonal teenagers shacking up together and having a child and then either aborting it(im pro-life btw) or sending the child off to get adopted
either the vulcan way or if you can prove that you are going to raise the child the best you can than you can have a child
also the whole war thing i have noticed three reasons for war
reason 1: religion (whose religion is correct and why)
reason 2:land/resources (who has what and how much of it)
reason 3: power/currency(who is a powerfull nation and has a bunch of money) now in theory we could eliminate religion and currency, and go back to a bater system then that would reduce wars by 2/3rds (and remember i said IN THEORY so religious wingnuts dont crawl down my throught)  

idiotic randomness

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:43 am
we'd have to do away with our capacity to feel. that is how the vulcans were able to stand it. very unrealistic, imo.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:00 am
I don't think that war is in our genes per se, but I do think we're selfish by nature. Since that's the case we have no inherent love for the human world and are willing to sacrifice everybody else, for ourselves. Not to say there's nobody on this world who's selfless, they just weren't born that way.  

Cheetagatsa

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:22 am
well, we have no inherent feelings for anything when we are first born. we learn to love or to fear or to hate. so that really has nothing to do with being selfish. I do think the capacity for war is in our genes, but there is argument both for and against the idea.

wow.. here's a very good article I just found on the matter...

http://www.objectivethought.com/spirituality/wargenes.html  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:39 pm
that is a very interesting question i think it is only bound to repeat it's self if a civilization gets too large it will some how drive it's self into the ground like in the animal kingdom if a population of deer grows too large many will die of starvation until it balances it's self out or destroy them all that may happen to humans OR we might make an error by doing something to destroy us so we should learn from the past to avoid such things  

Skyliner778

Dapper Noob

10,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:10 pm
this is a very simple thing that is often over thought.

Humans will fight because one human has more then another. If both humans have equal one human will eventually take all when the other is down.

Diseases in humans is more appearent because we travel all over the world converse with other humans (where very social fellows but how can you blame us were all so sexy and handsome~ heart ) along with all the germs and disease who are going "F*CK YEAH *turns on boom box and rocks out with the millions of germs going from human to human* THIS F*CKING ROCKS!!!"

disease change automaticly to become resistance against the drugs we use on them. Diseases are just like animals..or humans really they figure "oh sh*t that didn't work..okay guys huddle we'll try this.."

Thats all there is to it really.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces