Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Religion, the ideas of this mentally ill poet. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:29 pm
Not trying to anger anyone honestly I'd like anybodies opinions but I do ask you to express them intelligently and calmly I don't mean to upset I'm just curious about if my ideas are the creation of schizophrenia mixed with abnormally high paranoia levels and too much free time to think.

As the movie V for Vendetta stated "Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up" what I've been thinking is while artistry shows us the truth and politics shepherd us away from it what then does the third wheel of the tribunal of artistry politics and religion do with the truth. Some would argue religion shows us the truth but if that is the answer then why are there so many religions with almost each one of them shoving and fighting for our attention to show us the truth. Is it because each one believes they've found the real truth that artistic endeavors have not or is it simply a well thought out and choreographed dance in which each religion plays its part pulling us and shoving us this way and that to dilute the real truth with fanatic religious babble or zealous recitation of a "holy book". I for one believe it to be the second of the two because if it were truth these "enlightened men" of the various religion would be enlightened enough to know the truth when it is shown not jockey for position to show off their lies. I'm sure some on here believe there to be a god or divine being but I simply fail to see any reasoning to support it "God caused the Big Bang which crated tha earth and all it's multiple peoples" does not pass with me if ONE GOD created us all why then do we have so many religions honoring different ones? Because there's no such thing the big bang was simply a chemical reaction big enough to create the earth possibly using the energy of some star going supernova thus giving off enough raw power to fuel this massive chemical reaction which combined the various elements into what we needed for life and what created the things that became us through evolution. Because humans aren't just made we are chemical compounds that follow a form we are no divine descendants of Adam and Eve because if we were each marriage and act of sex would be incest and each baby would be deformed for the most part and I'm 100% sure not every man woman and child happen to be deformed in any manner thus disproving that fact. Oh of course there's heaven and hell where all the good and bad people go....yeah....no that's not even remotely true to my way of thinking reincarnation makes more sense than that because the place would eventually overflow with annual deaths as high as they are but think of this how many times have babies in your family grown up resemble and act like a deceased relative, very likely I'm sure right? That's because maybe just maybe they were that relative in their past life which makes sense instead of a "God" continually pumping out souls that are almost exactly alike to one another that wouldn't make much sense anyway since then we're all created unique which is not the case people act and look a lot alike most of the time so the idea of refunded souls is very plausible I believe since there have been studies showing ghosts are in fact real it would then in turn make souls a real thing not some abstract brain theory thus further proving reincarnation is possible but then again not even that is able to be explained completely but it does make a wee bit more sense than the whole 'God makes souls' theory.

I believe that's all I need rant about my fingers ache my mind hurts and my 2liter of mountain dew spiked with a bag of pixie stix is drained so I lack the energy to bother anymore if this hasn't convinced you or made you think PM me talk to me on MSN XFire or Yahoo!Messenger I'd be glad to go further into detail and help you understand any hard to figure out places. -Kevin Reighdreck Fish.

My sincerest apologies if this is indeed out in the wrong subforum or if I insult anybody like I said before I do not like angering anyone it actually makes me feel kind of bad....... -Nerevar/New Guy at Why Not

-Edited- Put actual rant here instead of in journal so people don't think it's one of those soulstealers/brain eater links.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm
dont worry pal i made a similar comment once.... but its hard to know how did the ppl receive it when you post in a SF so slow sweatdrop  

Nitro-kun

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:50 pm
Good point...thought I'd put it in the subforum it belonged to thuogh sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:25 pm
Odd a topic form March gets attention but this one doesn't feels kind of insulty....  

Nerevar Fatehand

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:23 am
usually ppl dont answer this kind of threads..... besides (in my case) it would be easier to philosophy in spanish... ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:09 pm
Well I could try and do it in japanese but I'd get even less reaction more than likely  

Nerevar Fatehand

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:27 am
all religions feel, or want to believe they have a monopoly on the truth. but they dont. they CANT really, because ultimately they are all coming from the same perspective.. the human perspective. and our perspective is highly limited. we are all splotches of color on individual puzzle pieces.. from that view point it's impossible to view the whole of the puzzle. but that doesnt mean that each religion doesnt hold a seed of the truth. I believe they all do. it's when they start piling on the dogma that they go astray.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Even if this is completely off subject, or you guys really dont care, I just want to state my opinions on religion and leave you with it. (plz no criticisms):

I, myself, was Baptist, methodist, and buddhist (not all at the same time). But I have noticed a lot of similarities between christianity and buddhism. I think all religions have connections (even if you had figured that out already). Anyway, I have a few theories. My first one is that all religions are right. No religion has actual proof of their god(s), (you can not say the bible is proof). For all we know, there could be a crowd of men and women up on a cloud looking down at us, along with their angels or souls and having a good time. Buddha could be God's best friend. WHAT DO WE KNOW???? My second theory is that maybe there is just one god/goddess that can take different forms. Maybe God is Siddharta Guama or any of the hindu gods. My last theory is that there is no heaven or hell. No afterlife. Maybe our souls just stay in limbo/pergetory. Maybe. Of course, these theories dont all agree with each other. They are just ideas I came up with at different times. But, you get what I am saying. I dont believe there is a hell, I believe if our life is screwed up, we get one more chance, (reincarnation) to relive it. I believe if we mess that up, we go into Pergetory or stay on earth in misery. But, I dont actually know.  

SoGoodbyeYellowBrickRoad

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:48 pm
SycoooSte
Even if this is completely off subject, or you guys really dont care, I just want to state my opinions on religion and leave you with it. (plz no criticisms):

I, myself, was Baptist, methodist, and buddhist (not all at the same time). But I have noticed a lot of similarities between christianity and buddhism. I think all religions have connections (even if you had figured that out already). Anyway, I have a few theories. My first one is that all religions are right. No religion has actual proof of their god(s), (you can not say the bible is proof). For all we know, there could be a crowd of men and women up on a cloud looking down at us, along with their angels or souls and having a good time. Buddha could be God's best friend. WHAT DO WE KNOW???? My second theory is that maybe there is just one god/goddess that can take different forms. Maybe God is Siddharta Guama or any of the hindu gods. My last theory is that there is no heaven or hell. No afterlife. Maybe our souls just stay in limbo/pergetory. Maybe. Of course, these theories dont all agree with each other. They are just ideas I came up with at different times. But, you get what I am saying. I dont believe there is a hell, I believe if our life is screwed up, we get one more chance, (reincarnation) to relive it. I believe if we mess that up, we go into Pergetory or stay on earth in misery. But, I dont actually know.

yep, I agree. all you have to do is look at Jesus' sermons and compare them to buddhist teachings to see it's basically the same thing. I'm of the opinion that it's highly likely that during the years of Jesus' life that werent recorded in the bible he was off in the east learning the dharma.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:49 pm
All right no insults or fabrications here just my opinions. I myself a Christian believe that religion was created for the sole purpose of controlling peoples behavior. There might lay some truth in recorded religious documents, but the main purpose for religion stays the same. Just look at the different teachings, the only thing that remains constant throughout all of them is behaving good for a future reward. Now with this in mind, wouldn't everyone behaving good help society become better? Of course it would, thinking about a higher power watching your every move makes us think twice. Religion in conclusion, is a tool that society uses to make sure that its people behave a certain way benefiting the masses.  

Broken Romeo

Prince Nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:52 pm
In my oppinion, religions are only around becaue one person a long time ago wanted everyone to act a certain way. A master of manipulation, a Turncoat, even got the people of old to believe in some almighty being who created everything and we should obey them. In this case I refer to Christianity, Catholosism, Mormans, Lutherians, and other "Godly" religions. In other religions, a genuinly good person existed once and never did a bad or vulger act in his life. One day, he gathered some dicipels and decided to share his ways with who ever thought it sounded good. Like Budism and others. Too many times, however, have religions contridicted themselves and killed others just to get the point across. Sumarized: religions are basic guidlines one person thought everone should live by, no matter how ludicris or conseeded. I am an Atheist; therefor I choose my own path and live how I want.

~Nevermore~  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:34 am
FNORD!  

portraitofaudacity

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:49 pm
Religion threw the evolvement of man back. They defined long time the ways of "conventional thinking", where alot of things have been impossible to imagine and therefore to create.

Religion is a backwards directed thing, that doesn't suit me as a progressive being...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:43 am
The way I , as a baptist, believe it is that my book, the bible, has no exact interpretation of what any of it means. Whatever higher being, in my case god, is watching, they will reveal an interpretation of its contents to us however they wish for us specifically to interpret it. This is why I dislike that so many ppl/churchs wish to argue its meanings. This is why there is a ton of religions worshipping god under different interpretations.
Also, I believe that the stories in the bible, while perhaps based on real events, are all in all stories teaching us how the higher being wishes us to be.
And yes, I think that many non-christian religions are in many ways doing the same sort of thing and are similar enough that we are all correct. I will not argue with others about religion, because I beliecve no religion has any more proof than any other, so any one of us could have it right. This is what is called TRUE religious tollerance.

That is my take on religion.  

azrael the reaper_95210

notmatt18

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:43 pm
i think that all religions have holes in them i mean greek mthology was disproved because of science. chistanity could be esalliy disproved because in the old test thing it says that man shall only live to the age of 130 and as soon as we have the science to keep people alive till then we can punch yet another hole tho chistyanity.

(RANDOM COMMENT ABOUT THIS TOPIC) i also think that there is no god we were all put here by coinsidence all so called mircals happen because of coinsidence for example lets say you found a bag of money or a filled out check on the streets lets also say it contains the exact ammount of money you need for bills that you need to catch up on wether you turn it in or not here are a list of posibillitys of why its there.

1. someone has that exact amount of money for a pay check only their boss's bank is haveing problems and needed to pay it in cash and on the way to the bank to deposit it the person droped it

2. you could have prayed for it and got what you wanted from god

3. someone could have droped it from their windowsill on to the ground and dident notice it droped.

4. some one could of had the same problem and wrote a check on something outside haveing just goten the notice from the bill colecters on their cell phone and the wind picked up and it flew out of their hands and the wind careried it all the way to where you are

this way i see there is a lot of outcomes but people have a disinct feture to always belive in a higher power and not logicly I think logicly and see that there is a 1/4 chance of god or a higher power to have enything to do with this so called miricale so with this 1/4 chance science does not sopport the idea of god math does not sopport the idea of god even BASIC LOGIC DOES NOT SUPPORT THE IDEA OF GOD so rember and tell evryone around you don't jump to conclutions and think that it's the almighty god remeber you have to think of all the posibillitys much the way our justice systm works ( in AMERICA ) you are inocent until proven guilty so basiclly no mater how temting one option might be you must always look at all the posibilitys equally with no prejeduce what so ever.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff