Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better?
  Loved and Lost
  Never Loved at All
View Results

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:02 pm
Is it better to have loved and lost or to have never loved at all?

I think its better to have loved and lost cuz for at least a while you were as happy as could be with that one someone  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:23 am
love is really the only thing a person who is lost has to rely on.

it is their only way out. i know this...

without love it is garenteedt that you will become lost but they won't have that love to fall back on when they hit rock bottom. i have seen this.  

nannerz_loves_you

cute_cyber_chick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:48 pm
this is a very difficult decision for me. is it better to have known love and felt the powerful emotions that come with it, then suddenly find you don't have it anymore and maybe never will again or is it better to not know what it is you're missing out on and not long for it every day? this is one i cannot answer...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:26 am
ultimately it is better to have loved and lost because then you have the experience of love. when I've been in the midst of heartbreak tho, I've wished I never knew love because the pain is so great. but you know... in order to appreciate something, one needs to know the lack of it. how can you truly know happiness and appreciate it unless you have suffered at some point?  

Calypsophia

unrequietedCat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:02 am
I have to agree with lilraine on this one. Mostly because if the alternative to loosing love you have to pick never loving at all. If you'd never known love at all you'd have to give up the love of family and close firends, and it's really love that gets us through the heartache of a lost love. To never know love, I think, would be the greatest tragedy that could ever befall someone, it would be so sallow and sickly a life.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:30 am
no one can answer this question, for a simple reason, the grass is always greener on the neighbor yard

even tho i think its better to never loved cuz then you can enjoy feelings as strong as love but with out the suffering that love itself includes, also, this would be a third option since its required to be ignorant on this matter to be able to dont love and dont care about...  

I am Yuu-chan

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:08 pm
I am Yuu-chan
no one can answer this question, for a simple reason, the grass is always greener on the neighbor yard

even tho i think its better to never loved cuz then you can enjoy feelings as strong as love but with out the suffering that love itself includes, also, this would be a third option since its required to be ignorant on this matter to be able to dont love and dont care about...

that which doesnt kill us makes us stronger. and everything that starts has an ending. I would much rather have the experience of love under my belt than to be forever ignorant of it, even tho I know someday I will suffer for it.. for even if my lover and I never break up, one of us will someday die, and if it's he that goes first I'd be devastated. but in surviving thru such pain and sorrow will make me grow stronger as a person and ready, eventually to find happiness again.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:50 pm
Calypsophia
I am Yuu-chan

that which doesnt kill us makes us stronger. and everything that starts has an ending. I would much rather have the experience of love under my belt than to be forever ignorant of it, even tho I know someday I will suffer for it.. for even if my lover and I never break up, one of us will someday die, and if it's he that goes first I'd be devastated. but in surviving thru such pain and sorrow will make me grow stronger as a person and ready, eventually to find happiness again.

I actually think that way in various aspects of life, except in love, love is like a drug you will never had the same "first feeling" again, thats why i said that the 3rd option is to feel great emotions once and again not caring or not thinking that is love, further more, dont know about love at all would be the cure to love with out the censure of the concept smile  

I am Yuu-chan

angelfire_krys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:13 pm
Love is one of the most powerful forces on earth.

I wonder what most peole mean when they say "love". For me, Love has many meanings; the one that seems to be most talked about is love between two partners in search of a life together. But what about the love of your family, or your friends?

My next question is then, doesn't everyone feel love at some point in their life? Even if it's just their best friend or parent? Brother or sister? Of course, there is always the chance that you will "loose" some of these forms of love, but at least you have experienced it. And everyone has.

I think that Love is like your favorite food. You never knew what your favorite food tasted like until you actually tried it. Another aspect of this is that you can get sick of our favorite food as well; you eat too much of it and you don't want anymore for awhile. In moderation though, you can eat it continually.

I never really thought I would compare Love to food, but there I went razz

I know that I value the love of friendships lost, and that makes me appreciate the love of my friends that I have now. Even with some family, I have lost some ground, but now I know who I can realy trust (sort of sad to say, bit it's true).

"Staying awake to chase a dream..."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:06 am
If you have loved and lost, then you will know the pain of losing it. Plus you may very well never feel it as strongly with another person again. Knowing love is great if it lasts, but to have lost is very tragic. Thus I think I would rather to have not ever loved at all, for then you will never know what you are missing or know the pain of loss.

(yes I am that single soul who chose "never loved at all".....)  

azrael the reaper_95210

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:54 am
I don't see people as complete people, if they have never experienced negative things in their life. I loved and lost enough to know what I mean. The more often you suffer a loss, the more a loss makes you deaf to it...

Every good emotion is bundled to a bad one.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:44 am
Hellraver
I don't see people as complete people, if they have never experienced negative things in their life. I loved and lost enough to know what I mean. The more often you suffer a loss, the more a loss makes you deaf to it...

Every good emotion is bundled to a bad one.

in order to know the goodness of something and appreciate it (appreciation is the key), you need to know the lack or loss of it. when we truly appreciate something, we cannot take it for granted... this includes love. that goes with everything tho.. all opposites. to know that you are in the light, you must know what total darkness is. if you've never experienced total darkness then you cant even imagine it, and the light is taken for granted. the same with happiness and sadness. they each serve a purpose whether we like it or not.  

Calypsophia

Sliverly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:47 pm
What kind of love are we talking about? Romantic, is just a hassle, but without the love I have for my friends and family, I'd rather be dead.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 pm
Sliverly
What kind of love are we talking about? Romantic, is just a hassle, but without the love I have for my friends and family, I'd rather be dead.

all kinds, it seems... just love in general.  

Calypsophia

Sliverly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:41 pm
Calypsophia
Sliverly

all kinds, it seems... just love in general.

Imagining life after losing a loved one, seems unbearable. In this case I'm leaning towards ignorace is bliss. Though for romantic, I'm indifferent, that kind of love is unimportant to me.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff