Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whats the "problem" with gays? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 am
Hawk_McKrakken
dreams into nights yami
ok to all people who say that you arnt born being gay consider this
some people are born blind/deaf/ paralygic do they have a choice no they did not no i know some people get that way by accidents but thats not the point
and i find it sad that the republicans choose to have the whole anti-gay marriage as their foccal point for the last presidental campaign

I have to disagree with you there. If a person could in fact be born homosexual, it would be a genetic trait, and there is no such thing as a "homo gene". If there were, then it would most likely be a dominant gene, so under the slim chance you'd even get a gay man under the covers with a woman, and she gets pregnant, she would most likely bear homosexual children. And this is never the case.

Homosexuality is just a sexual preference, much as some people prefer... I dunno... for their partner to dress up like a cat or something. Not really a fetish per se, but it's a preference that the person realizes for themselves. What you say would be like saying someone "is born with a cat-fetish gene."

Sexual preference is not a simply made choice like which shirt you're going to wear today, but rather a preference that was affected in no way by your geneology. It's more of a "you know, I think I find (insert own gender) to be more attractive than (insert opposite gender)" kind of thing than it is a "holy Jesus I was doomed to homosexuality the moment I was born!" thing.

ok please tell me where i said that homosexuality was a gene. i was mearly stating that some people just dont decide to be gay  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:22 am
dreams into nights yami
Kovik
dreams into nights yami
i find it sad that people tenmd to beleive that people just woke up one day snaped their fingers and said "ill be gay from now on" that is not true.
i notice a lot of christians oppose gays becuase the bible says their evil, but if you look at the bible it also says that if you wear cloths made from 2 different threads(fabrics) your evil or something, also you cant plant 2 different feild types next to eachother(ex. beans and corn) and that you can own slaves as long as the slaves came from a neighboring country.

Exactly where did you find that text? It never says anything about homosexuals being evil. All it says is that marriage should be between one man and one woman.
I'm also interested in knowing where it says anything about two fabrics or the agriculture. I've read quite a bit of the bible, and it says nothing about that.
some were in levitacis ill get the exact reference tomarow

leviticus 19:19 for the 2 fabrics and the agriculture  

idiotic randomness

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 pm
I think he was asking about these also:

Leviticus 18:22: "And with a man you shall not lie with as a man lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

However this section of the Bible is the only place it says anything of the sort. As it has been pointed out there are a number of other laws in these chapters that are completely ignored so to hold only to this take on homosexuality while we treat all the other laws listed as being out of date and non-applicable is stupid.

Jews and Christians say the law was to prevent men using sexual intercourse to gain dominance over other men as it was a common practice in other cultures at the time. These verses don't even allude to loving, caring sexual relationships between people of the same gender. Just to the act of sex for the sake of sex.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Can you...

There is no problem with it, just ignorant inferences to how bad it is, which in reality, it is not.

Feel My Stare...?

Otamic

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:36 am
Grypesagon

Leviticus 18:22: "And with a man you shall not lie with as a man lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

However this section of the Bible is the only place it says anything of the sort. As it has been pointed out there are a number of other laws in these chapters that are completely ignored so to hold only to this take on homosexuality while we treat all the other laws listed as being out of date and non-applicable is stupid.

Jews and Christians say the law was to prevent men using sexual intercourse to gain dominance over other men as it was a common practice in other cultures at the time. These verses don't even allude to loving, caring sexual relationships between people of the same gender. Just to the act of sex for the sake of sex.

true about the love thing it says lie with anouther man not love and love and sex are different things just ask anyone who goes around with prosititutes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:27 pm
I, unfourtanatly, go to a Christian school where all the oppinions are heretical, unless their the generic oppinion everyone in the school subscribes to. I actually have a teacher who really hates me right now because I support gay marriage and am pro-choice, that kind of stuff.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

spiffyelgato

Dofuu

Bashful Informer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:17 am
because they're unusual n different? it's a kinda discriminating sort of thing. I go to a Catholic school and they don't accept the practices that they do in public, that's what my principal said when this girl did a speech about them. "why should homosexuals be hated for who they love?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:07 am
From what I've observed, there are several reasons for why people think being gay is bad.

Let's start with the Christians! I admit, there are some cool ones who don't care, but their sole defense in their case against gay people is the Bible. Whereas the Bible merely states that sleeping with one of the same gender, sleeping meaning sex, is a sin. So, they actually misrepresent the Bible in saying that is says gay people go to hell. The Bible only states it's a sin, and if God forgives all sins, then whatever the Bible has to say is irrelevant. Also, the Bible was not written by God himself, as we all know. It was written thousands of years ago by man. If you ask me, allowing an author of a book to make the rules is a bit unorthodox. Also, Christians are believers of Jesus Christ, no? Well, it's a known fact that Jesus wants everyone to be kind to everyone around them. Therefore, when gay hating Christians make assaults against the gay community, they are in fact sinning more than the gay people who are "sinning."

As for our common folk, let's turn our attention to the Media. You see on TV that most gay men are represented as wicked flamers, they are womanly beyond belief. This gives viewers the impression that gay people are one gender who act the opposite. This strikes the difference nerve, and as we all know, people don't like different. It's their way or no way. Now, you don't see too much problems with straight people and lesbians, mainly because most discriminators are male. Now, a lot of males are pigs, and they enjoy watching two women do the nasty, so they have no complaints there. It's the men they have problems with. A straight man sees a gay man and usually thinks the gay man wants to screw him. Quite the ego they have, right? What ever makes them think they stand out above all others is beyond me.

So, in my conclusion, the only reason people have problems with the gay community is because they have no real legitimate reason to hate them. They just see a different kind of person and go into attack mode, saying things that aren't true, and letting untrue thoughts slip into their minds.

Apple Butter Sour

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 am
I'm a Christian and I don't hate gay people. The Bible is being mis interpreted because some people don't have a good argument. Christians are being over generalized as gay haters. Put a sock in it, and target individuals, not groups.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 pm
I think it has something to do with Christianity. They say that if man and man were meant to be together, it would be Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve. I say that people are born with certain hormones that determine their sexuality. You don't become gay or straight. You are born that way and figure it out later on.

I get really upset with homophobics, I don't even know why. I get more upset with homophobia than racism(even though it's still wrong) and I am not sure why. I say that if you are in love, then go ahead and be with that person. I don't care if you're the same sex or not, it doesn't matter.

(My sister's friend Yogi would be offended!! Poor Yogi. He's too adorable to be hated.)

@Musik des Mondes - Of course not all Christians are that way. It's like saying all Asians are smart or all blacks are in gangs. My best friend is Christian and has had more gay friends than anyone I know.

As a last note: Homophobia is GAY.

Sutorumie Karurusonu

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Shenyu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:15 pm
Sweet Eevee
From what I've observed, there are several reasons for why people think being gay is bad.

Let's start with the Christians! I admit, there are some cool ones who don't care, but their sole defense in their case against gay people is the Bible. Whereas the Bible merely states that sleeping with one of the same gender, sleeping meaning sex, is a sin. So, they actually misrepresent the Bible in saying that is says gay people go to hell. The Bible only states it's a sin, and if God forgives all sins, then whatever the Bible has to say is irrelevant. Also, the Bible was not written by God himself, as we all know. It was written thousands of years ago by man. If you ask me, allowing an author of a book to make the rules is a bit unorthodox. Also, Christians are believers of Jesus Christ, no? Well, it's a known fact that Jesus wants everyone to be kind to everyone around them. Therefore, when gay hating Christians make assaults against the gay community, they are in fact sinning more than the gay people who are "sinning."

As for our common folk, let's turn our attention to the Media. You see on TV that most gay men are represented as wicked flamers, they are womanly beyond belief. This gives viewers the impression that gay people are one gender who act the opposite. This strikes the difference nerve, and as we all know, people don't like different. It's their way or no way. Now, you don't see too much problems with straight people and lesbians, mainly because most discriminators are male. Now, a lot of males are pigs, and they enjoy watching two women do the nasty, so they have no complaints there. It's the men they have problems with. A straight man sees a gay man and usually thinks the gay man wants to screw him. Quite the ego they have, right? What ever makes them think they stand out above all others is beyond me.

So, in my conclusion, the only reason people have problems with the gay community is because they have no real legitimate reason to hate them. They just see a different kind of person and go into attack mode, saying things that aren't true, and letting untrue thoughts slip into their minds.

I agree with that. I just want to ask, that I think that it was written for some "reason" in the bible. It's not just "I don't like it, I'll write that it is forbidden". In fact, being homosexual would have had a big effect in that time. I mean think about the land and cattle in that time. If a father died, the son got all that. But if there were no sons, the daughters would give it to their husbands. The land is lost for the family, but it is still some kind of order. So what if you did not even hand children? After your death you would lose what your parents achieved. And land was wealth.

For the "girlish behaviour of gays". I have friend who had his "outing" when we were about 18. The strange thing is, since he did that, he became more and more "girly" in the following years. I wonder if that is not just provoking? I mean like "I will behave that way so you can tell from your cliche-thinking that I am gay" or something. I just don't believe that gays always act like girls and lesbians like a brute...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 pm
Grypesagon

if that is what it says, then good news. man CANT have sexual relations with men as they do with women. there seems to be a certain body part in the way.  

azrael the reaper_95210

Rotation36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 pm
People look for any excuse to say that they are better then others. Such is why we have racism. And this is why people are anti-gay. It makes them feel higher. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:22 am
Mmnn.. It's just some dumb way of saying.

"Ohay, I'm better then you." Or..

"Ohay, You like guys/girls when you're a guy/girl yourself. You can die in a fire, thank you. <3"

I'm bisexual, currently.. And I have no problem with homosexuals or lesbians.. It's not really a bother, in my case.

Though, some homophobes find it hilarious that homosexuals are being tortured and ridiculed for just being the way they are.

Ticks me off, pretty much.. But yeah, that's my way of looking at it.. I hope some people agree with me.

~Fondu-sama.

dynamite eyes

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:35 pm
azrael the reaper
Grypesagon

if that is what it says, then good news. man CANT have sexual relations with men as they do with women. there seems to be a certain body part in the way.

Leviticus also says that you can not wear poly-cotton blends. I have no problems with homosexuals. It is those people who use propaganda to sway people to their point of view that I hate.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff