Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

niqi_mo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:40 am
xiaryth
It really depends of the circumstances...but I think that death is the one that scares me the most since it means the end of everything.

ok, depending on religions and stuff some people really beleive that , but i have this whole optimistic thing goin for me and i think that their both equally scary...
Eternal Life:
Pros
if everyone else was imortalor whatever you would always be able to love them and there would be no fear in losing anyone, and you could do everything that youve ever wanted too
Cons
if you were the only one with a couple of others you would watch everyone around you die
you would never be able to stay anywhere long because ppl would notice that you werent aging and start to get supicious and do tests and stuff
Death.....
i disagree that death is an ending i feel that your life dosent even begin to start before it ends, when you die i think it opens up all new doors , and i beleive that their is life after death and that ,that life is the better one!! 4laugh 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:21 pm
I think it'd be scarier to have eternal life. One because if everyone didn't die of natural causes, we'd be even more overpopulated than we are now. Two, I don't want to be around to watch the human race destroy itself. It's going to happen eventually take a look at this picture (hopefully it shows up)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think death is a better fate than to see what the end of the world will be like.  

Illusionist of Heart

Musik des Mondes

Hygienic Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:14 pm
I think death would be okay. I just hope it's peaceful, like dying in my sleep.

I think eternal life would be great but eternal life where you could go anywhere in the universe.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:42 pm
nothing is scarier ..

well, I'm a catholic & death only rottens our outermost layer -- physically. I believe in eternal life, because it was the promised of God to us. If you read a bible you'll see what i mean.  

s e 7 e n_x

Bashful Fatcat

Hotaru Kyou generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 5!

Hotaru Kyou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm
Eternal life would scare me the most, I mean having to live with the death fo your family,children,husband,mother ect. would be very painfull, and plsu you would most likely get stuck with some anoying person,who would want that for the rest of their life?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:29 am
I do not fear death, I accept it.

the reaper is always breathing down our necks, waiting til it is our time. There is nothing we can do to stop it, we can only delay it further. But it will happen, so why worry about it.

If you dont believe in afterlife, then You've nothing to fear, since you wont know when it has happened, as you cease to exist.

If you do believe in life after death then again, no fears, for you should be confident in knowing where you are going.
I believe in it, and I am fairly confident in my path.

I wouldn't like to live forever, becuase the world is a dark, cruel place. Personally, I dont even want to be here now, so why would I want to be here 1,000 years from now? I believe I am here to serve a purpose, and when it comes, I will be ready for it.

But until then, I suffer from the ways of the world. So much death, so much pain, so much evil in the world that it makes me sick. Even in daily life, I see so many terrible things wrong with the world. homeless ppl sitting by the road, while most ppl ignore them, wont help, and riducule them. working at wal-mart I always see ppl stealing, snatching others carts behind their backs, shoving around each other mercilessly, and just all around terrible things everyday. You can get individual good ppl, but the world in general, the country in general, is a terrible place and I will be happy when the day comes that I am free of it.  

azrael the reaper_95210

Skizlersan

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:26 am
I think that the theory of "eternal life" is way scarier for me.

I consider myself Christian, but in actuality Nobody knows what happens after death.

Death is something that will happen... Its not something that can be avoided (to a certain extent) It will happen to everyone...

but the afterlife is a scary thing to talk about... Nobody actuality knows what its like. Just the concept that Somebody could spend an eternity in hell Makes me scared.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:57 pm
I think that death is scarier because it is uncertain. We all know that we are going to die eventually, but no one can truly prove what happens afterwards. My best friend who is atheist says "I am comforted by the fact that when I die, I will sit in the ground and rot. That's it, I don't have to think or exist anymore, I'm done." But even the idea that there is nothing after death cannot be proven.

People lose their loved ones all the time, but they also deal with it, and I think living forever they would continue to deal with it. If they ran out of things to do, they would invent something to do. You'd be amazed how a bored person can entertain themselves. They could not only read every book, play every game, and go every place, but they could also create whatever they wanted to, and it would be greater than anything ever created by humans because it would be all the thought and intention of one person, a masterpiece that they could spend a lifetime, or a billion lifetimes, just to complete. Imagine all the things you could do if you only had enough time to do it in!

The only problem I could see with eternal life would be that, eventually, you would become bored with the doings of other people and keep entirely to yourself. This is not necessarily a bad thing; there is no law saying that every human being must have an active social life. Eventually, the human race would probably manage to kill itself, and certainly Sol would eventually die, as well as the earth. You could spend qute a long time in space before you landed somewhere else. Also, do the governments of various countries know you are immortal? They would figure it out sooner or later, and inability to die could be rather uncomfortable for a government lab-rat. This of course would not be a permanent thing what with the impending destruction of all humanity other than yourself, but an inconveniance nonetheless.  

Arachnakid

Little Squirrel Buddy

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm
Death is really a scary. I keep on thinking, "If i died, what whould other people say or do?" and to be taken away from all the people you love. and also i start thinking about what happens when i die. I try to think of heaven and wish and hope and dream, but then i question my self and think if there was none, then what will happen to me..i think of this darkness, never to be alive again. just gone. It scared the crap out of me when i was thinking about it. So, i think death is scarier.
Eternal life, i think i could live with. Sure i would be sad when seeing people i love die, and yes i would get bored after a few hundred years. But to actually live life, i think would be better.
But, i do belive in god and heaven, and i just have to put faith into that now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:46 pm
+Spazmatic_Joy+
He'll always be my

Eternal life, I feel, would be worse than death.

Imagine, you've been married for many years,
you love your spouse with all your heart.
You two always do everything together
and every second apart is painful.
Then one day the most terrible thing happens.
Somehow they die or are killed.
The intial sadness is enough to make you want to die.
You spend your first day without them,
the sadness digging deeper into your soul.
Then it hits you.
You can't die.
You can never die and be with them
in whatever afterlife you believe in.
They're gone forever
and in that moment you wish with all your heart
that you could one day join them in death.
But you will live forever.

S u p e r h e r o <3

I think she has it right. I don't fear dying and while the thought of living forever has some appeal I don't like the thought of living while my family and friends die. Yet the thought of death makes me scared not because I might die but that my family would die and leave me behind.

Sweet Little Poppet

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200

wilkus

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:42 am
if I got to choose: I'd like to die.
in my opinion life is so beautiful just because its limited by death.
if people were to live eternally I think they'd develope something to "reboot" their brains to start the life over. juts to make it more interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:30 am
Hmmm, difficult question. I think, eternity itself is scariest. No matter if this means that you will live forever in eternal peace and happiness after your death or if you will be ... away forever, it's this forever-part which freaks me out ...

We feel the limitation of our lives every day and this is what makes our lives so valuable, I can't imagine eternity.  

Yosei Yifu

xtreme surfer

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:34 am
if i die i die, if i live i live.

i prefer to live but if i must die then so be it.

i truely don't find either of the eternities scary  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 pm
For me, it's eternal life. I'd hate to live to see the downfall of mankind. neutral  

fluckyroo

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

-Less than Graceful-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:20 pm
Eternal life would be interesting, and death an adventure.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff