Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonweirdo

Invisible Survivor

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:50 pm
Those worlds used to mean something to me til recently. the one guy that i loved and said that he loved me he really didn't and he just used me as his whore  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 pm
It depends on how you say it. For instance, my friends say to show adoration. They'll say I love you and give me a hug. What really means the most is when my boyfriend says it. He'll just lift my hair away from my ear and whisper so softly that I can only hear it. It has to have felling behind it to mean anything to me. Also you can't overuse, but tell someone you love them when they least expect it, and mean it.  

alphafemale76

KaySabaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 pm
People say that so much now....It's kinda sad how little they really mean now. Personally, I'll only tell people I love them if I really do.
I hate it when someone I don't really know will say 'love ya' or something....it makes me feel awkward and pressured to say it back xD
Maybe I'm just thinking too much about something pretty simple...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 am
Agreed. The word love has been used so much recently it's lost it's significance and power. What people, mostly kids and adolecents, feel is adoration, infratuation, or lust which they mistake as love. I could never utter the words to a girl if I didn't mean them with all my heart.

My twin sister actually broke up with her boyfriend because he told her he loved her.  

Nazara

Holder Of Your Heart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:42 pm
It depends on the person who's saying it for me. If it's a person I truly trust and know then I might believe it. If the person that says used to or still is taking me for granted(I know when people do that somehow) then I won't believe them. Otherwise if they say it too much then I won't believe them. It's also on how they say it to me and if they look me in the eye when they say it or not. I'll never say it unless I know that my partner can trust me and that I truly do love her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:26 pm
to me if the person that said it truely loved you then yesh they will have significant meaning...but if the person just said it just to say it then the meaning will be lost and therefore overused so yesh there is still meaning of the words but if they are overused then just forget about using them  

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Mai Chou-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 pm
recently, they have little meaning to me. It's almost as common as saying hello. I think nothing of it when said to me...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm
We all know what happened to the once meaningful point of "I love you"

Like hate is was over used upon to the point inwhich it is used so loosely that perhaps a new phrase or saying should replace it. As Dr.Cox from Scrubs put it, "I supermegaloathe you all". He had nothing to really say that had a meaning.

"I love you is something that should truly be meant. Not temporary. Not without full understanding. People often fret about uttering "I love you". And if you do and truly mean it, it shouldnt be so hard or difficult to say.  

Takeda Keita

Andromeda Zreng

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 pm
Did you know that the Eskimos have thirty-two different words for "love"? (and 64 for snow)

I don't understand why we don't, but then again, that's just me. But, as Alex Hitchens (yes, I'm quoting a movie), so aptly put it: 90% of what you say isn't coming out of your mouth.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:58 pm
i believe to tell someone you loved them is letting them know whats in your heart but the words just the words i love you can only bare meaning for so long till you feel the need to prove or have it proven to you i suppose in the end they really have no meaning in the end actions speak louder then words  

Leemay

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm
I think they mean that you really care about someone deep in your heart. You don't want to see she or he hurt and you care about his or her feelings. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:55 pm
I Love You means that they accept your flaws along with your perfection. They hold ALOT of meaning for me because why say them if you don't mean it?  

mara love queen

ScorpioMooon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:08 pm
Linken_Bogard
That is sad. The words "I love you" should mean so much to people, but they don't anymore. It's like there is no "real" love anymore. Everyone is being as used as the words that are said.

Wow, well said. I agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 am
Coming from a guy when a girl says I love you our brain goes into a veggie state we don't know how to react so usually we
A) Say we love you back but it has no meaning to us or
B) Say Me too

So most the time when a guy says I love you it tecnichly means Get in my pants  

Holy_BmXfReAk

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm
It means a lot to me. I say it as in "I love ya" to my friends and family and mean it.

But I have never said it to a guy, though I have been close.
But I am not going to say it till I mean it.
And yeah, I am 29. redface  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces