Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Whats the "problem" with gays? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentSong32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 pm
The Catechism mentions that, besides it being wrong, homosexuality is a mental disorder of sorts.

Putting religion aside however, science has also proved that it is an imbalance in the brain chemistry, such as the feeling of a woman wanting to be a man and vis versa.

I know that sounds bad, but I'm stating facts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 am
i agree. people have the right to love whoever they want.  

itsalwaysbeentoolate

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:55 am
One time, we had an assignment from school to have a discussion with our parents. (i forget what its about, but oh well!) Me and my dad got into an argument about gay people. He REALLY pissed me off. He kept saying "Well, if a guy can marry a guy, where does it end? What if someone fell in love with a duck?" ok a) With your own species, and b) who's going to fall in love with a duck? I mean, seriously. Is that even possible?
And one of the most talented people in our school band is a girl that you'd think was a boy....
I don't hate people that are gay, I hate people that hate gay people... evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:43 pm
I think there's no problem with someone being gay. Everyone has a right to love whoever they want.
Love is love no matter who you fall in love with.
I personally believe that the bible is wrong, saying that being gay is a bad thing.
So what if two people of the same gender love each other. What's wrong with that???

The answer: Nothing

II Nene II

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 am
I dislike people and how this world has become..
People should be able to live their life how they want it, loving whoever they want to love. Period.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:09 pm
I don't understand why people can't accept people for who they and the person they love. A lot of people apart of the gay community are rejected by their parents. Sadly Shiny is shunned by her mom for being Bi u.u  

AgentShiny

Shirtless Lover

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300

crazyfreak66

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 pm
SilentSong32
The Catechism mentions that, besides it being wrong, homosexuality is a mental disorder of sorts.

Putting religion aside however, science has also proved that it is an imbalance in the brain chemistry, such as the feeling of a woman wanting to be a man and vis versa.

I know that sounds bad, but I'm stating facts.

Mental disorder? I really want to slap the scientist who said that, shouldn't thay be working on something more usefull like cancer, seriosly? Anyway it has nothing to do with your brain going wrong your brain has no controll of your heart (not the phisical heart). Most people don't like someone because they have a p***s or v****a(sorry for my bluntness), they like someone for who they are mentaly, phisicaly, and emotionaly. "LOVE" is not something science can figure out, it spiritual, its inside, not something you can disect and examine. IS IT SO WRONG JUST TO LOVE???  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:37 am
Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Pride, Envy, and Wrath...
Seven Deadly Sins...

Alright prepare for my magnificently long/random/weird a** post.

Alright I am gay. ((Ohmigawd it's a shocker I know! ;0 )) I feel that there is nothing wrong with who/what I am. I was born this way. I have always looked at the same gender, loved the same gender, wanted the same gender, etc. BUT! ((And this was stated way back in this thread.)) Why do people have a problem with me? Because they fear me? Because what is part of who I am, as a person, is a disease? A malfunction of the way my brain developed? Hey maybe it was my parents fault. "That child never had a mother, that's why they are gay!" Do people fear me for the fact if I touch their child. Or love their child, of the same age I am no *****. That I will, in fact, turn their child gay. And against the will of god, I will drag their child to hell with me?

Yes.

That's just how it works. Accept it guys, girls, both. People are scared of things they do not understands, things they can not control, and the fact that someone has the guts to be different.

Oh my god, someone is different. What do we do? Grab our torches and pitch forks! They are different they have no right to share my air, my food, my water, my rights, my life, my world. Because they are not what I think is right. That person may not find happiness in their life time. They may not love who they want, marry who they want, have a child so that maybe they can feel normal in this world! Because I think it's wrong!

I have heard that, so many times, over and over again it breaks my heart. I am different so by every right in so many eyes, I am not able to be like my best friend. She is heterosexual, and a fine, fine example of what her church stands for. I love her, I do. I hold no hate for her, she loves me, we could only be closer if she was gay or I was hetero too! But you know what? That doesn't matter, because as wonderful of a person as she is. Someone out there thinks she has no rights like me.

There are lines, rules, and boundaries that have been placed. Ones I cannot see, nor can you. But the second you cross that line you lose it.

Now don't get me wrong I love everyone. I do, as dumb as it is. I love my heteros, my trannies ((They are adorable!)), my bi's, my gays, my lesbian, my black, my Jews, Christians, Hindu, I love em all. And the fact that I love these people is because, no I'm not going emo just hear me out, when you are faced with hate every single waking moment of your life, you love those who have suffered with you. I even love my emo children!

Now I'm not old enough to understand what's going on around me. Right? 16? I'm still just a kid? Well, I do. But the fact that even in this guild, these ten silly pages of dialog, I found something to smile at. I cried ok, I did. It's dumb, I'm tender, poke me with a spork I'll bleed tears. LOL Because it's nice to see a change in the world ya know?

Where you guys are all from being gay is really no big deal. I mean you're all "Hey gay person!" 'Hey person.' But where I'm at it's not like that. Being gay is horrible, it's disgusting and you have to hide in a closet until you are old enough to leave. And when I go to big cities and see openly gay people I cry because it's soo different, and it feels so good to be who I am.

Yes, yes I have come out to one of my parents. It was so obvious to her she told me first. But it felt so good. To be able to hear my own mother say, "It's ok that you're gay. I still love you, and nothing is ever going to change that." It was the best feeling in my life. Because my mother wasn't there for me until right then. I've become more attached to that woman in 12 minutes, than 15 years with my father. ((One year we won't go into details))

I honestly don't know how to end this post. But guys let me say this. If a gay guy ever hits on you. Be flattered, honestly. It means you're just that good looking! ((Or you smell nice that's always a nice turn on.)) And girls smile when that lesbian flirts with you! Hey you're not gay, but her gay-dar probably isn't up to par yet. Don't hate someone because they are different, or think different from you. Don't hate at all. Hates breeds nothing but hate. But if you can love people you'll see everything is...Well it's pretty damn gay! ((Look up the old meaning ya losers. :] ))

Now before I go frolicking off to my next post I shall leave you with some very good gay quotes tossed around by my group. alright. ((These are just for fun, so don't take offense, it's how we play. Live in your world, play in ours! -runs from the playstation copyright people-))

Vinc: How come people hate gays? I mean if you're gonna blame someone for gays blame the hetero people. They're the ones having all the gay babies..

Ronnie: OH god help me!
Dom: Whoa what!
Ronnie: The gay mafia they..they broke my legs..
Dom: You're legs don't look broken...
Ronnie: I ment the legs of my coffee table!

Randi: I'm going gay...
Tweak: sweet...why?
Randi: Men suck...
Tweak: Well I'm afraid women are worse..
Randi: What do you mean?
Tweak: They munch...

Vlad: Frolic away boi, frolic away.
Tweak: Oh..I shall frolic. I shall frolic until rainbows shoot out of every opening in my body!
Vlad: Doesn't that already happen whenever you happygasm?
Tweak: No dear happygasm is a rainbow out my butt. Frolicgasm is everywhere plus.

How many sins does it take to get to the final layer of hell?
The world may soon find out...

Evan After Death

i_am_recyclable

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:37 am
***putting my two cents in

I am Christian and I do read the bible, but I am active in saying that I believe that ALL people were created equal and ALL people have love or the capability to it. God created these men and women and I FIRMLY believe that it was not his intent to have them shunned from the society but welcomed in the diversity that is the world he has created. (It's beautful isn't it?) God said it was important to love. Love is love. Plain and simple. It matters not where the love came from as long as it is true love. We have enough problems in the heterosexual community to worry about this!!!
So plz...natural or not, whether or not you believe, or what ur social standing is realize it's just love.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:37 am
There isn't a problem with us, plain and simple. heart  

Sweet Charu

SkyZoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:21 pm
Though I am Catholic and it sort of makes it against the commandments for bi or homo-ness. I don't really get it, I mean, I thought there was supposed to be open-mindedness in Jesus and God. Or maybe it was misinterpreted or something. Wait, I'm getting into religious concepts, back to the subject.

I don't care if they're gay, lesbian, or bi, they're people like us. They are even friends to many.

I guess some discriminate against this because they're to old to accept that people can be with people of the same gender, they're too stubborn, or they're extremist religious.

As for the religious people who believe in God and Jesus, isn't there that commandment that says "Treat your neighbor as thy self" or something like that?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 am
I know some people have already said something along these lines, in different ways, but I'm just stating my own thoughts.

I am Christian. I don't understand what people think is so wrong with people liking the same gender, I just don't. People are free to love whoever they want, plain and simple. Nobody should control them, the only people that should be controlling them is theirselves. I get pissed when my sisters friends come over, because there they start to make fun of gays, lesbians, bi's, etc. They say it's weird, wrong, stupid, they say it's not right in the world. What do they know? I end up snapping at them in the end, I mean, my aunts are lesbian, and they are awesome and lots of fun! So, of course, my parents have no problem with gays, lesbians, etc, and for that, I feel a little glad. I also feel relieved that there are people out there who aren't against gays. Honestly, like I said before, people are free to do whatever they want, love whoever they want. If anyone has a problem with that, it's their own problem, their own opinion. I don't know if what I posted offended anyone, but I don't mean to.

yummeh-applesauces

Unilover07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 am
Being Christian doesn't have anything to do with being for or against homosexuality. Some just use it as an excuse to push theirbeliefs of what is moral and what isn't, onto others.

Homosexuality has no religion or belief. It is the act of two people being in love, gender shouldn't factor into love. Anyone who claims to know otherwise, look up the Metropolitan Community Church.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:16 am
There are several reasons, some people were taught as children that homosexuality is wrong and are still stuck with that brainwashing. In the saddest cases the person believing this hates themself because they have romantic and/or sexual feelings for people of the same sex.

Some people want someone to blame, so they'll blame homosexuals and bisexuals for all sorts of things. I mean how could my entering a same sex marriage have any impact on someone else's marriage? It's far easier to say that gays are undermining the institution than to look at why they can't manage to hold together a relationship!

Then you have the pushy guys who will hit on someone and are unable, or rather unwilling, to take no for an answer. These guys are afraid of being on the receiving end of this behavior.

Additionally if men get together with men, and women get together with women, it will undermine the whole "Man as head of the household" crap. These people believe that a man's place is to head a family and keep his woman and children in line.  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mm Wafflez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:24 pm
Penises were made for Vaginas, not like Organs. 'Nuff said xp

Mature version:

We were built the way we are FOR A REASON. Not so we can go do the opposite (Technically do the same.)

If gays can be around, might as well make us ALL a guy or girl.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff