Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadameEx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 am
Saying "I love you" it supposed to help let someone you hold near and dear to your heart know how important they are.
As a teenager, I have tols many boyfriends that I love them. I did not, they know I did not. I have gone back in attempt to correct my wrong doings by telling them that I did not love them, but I did feel strongly for them.
I was in a relationship for 1 year and 3 months. I am no longer in the relationship but I tell him that I love him and he says it back, occasionally. I do love him, with all my heart. I know that when I telll him I love him, I mean it.

So, I suppose the real answer to a question like this would be that there is no real answer, for each person has a different situation and a different prespective. Love is not about being in a relationship. I love my family. I love my friends. But I truly love that man.
There is no harm is telling people you love them, it all just depends who you are saying it to and how you say it. The meaning of the words "I love you" are also dependent on if the one you are saying it to knows how you mean it. My family knows that I love them as family. My friends know that I love them like brothers and sisters. MY man, he knows that I am truly, deeply in love with him.
He knows, just as all the others know, how I mean it when I say "I love you."

I agree though, some people abuse the words "I love you." They automatically decide that they are in love with their boyfriends after 2 days of being together. I had told my man that I loved him many times before wewere even together, I meant it then to. There was never a shadow of a doubt that I was in love with him. If there are doubts, it is not to be said. It'd as simple as that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:53 am
These 3 little words "I Love You" mean more to me than anyone thinks...i may have actually found my own reason why i get this conclusion for that.it will be added and edited later....  

the greatest wizard

Yreduasp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:24 pm
The three words 'I love you.' to me (personal opinion) mean nothing at all. When I was younger I may have believed that those three words would one day mean the world to me but as I grew up I saw them used in everyday conversations, where they meant nothing.

'I love you.' Has just become a saying, something to say when you can't think of anyone else. Ages ago it used to be your my best friend. 'I love you' has now been shortened to ILY (which I can not stand) and means even less. In Hollywood those three words mean everything in my life they mean less then nothing. It used to be a way of expressing your care and now it has become the easy option for saying 'I don't really care but I don't want to be mean to you either'.

That is my personal opinion and while I do like top debate such issues I would ask you to attack what I have said rather than who I am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm
Those three words can both mean so much and so little it depends on the when where and who of the time it's being used.They can be thrown around to where people confuse love with lust and it's annoying
These days people misuse and abuse those words that used to mean everything.Personally I don't like to say I love you in a relationship unless I truly feel like I'm in love.For me it's just a deeper thing to use those words.  

ggem3

8,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items