Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:36 pm
1) You ask him:" If I asked a person from the town that you do not live in which road leads to the town of truth, what would they reply?"
2) I don't know. Maybe he's a character in a book. Or maybe today is 1744.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:39 pm
@: Yorozuya_Harujiro: I'm sorry, but if I said that, I'd be also revealing my home land, and I decided not to do that on Gaia. Sorry.

Clarification - if you ask that question to someone from either the town of truth or the town of liars, they will show the direction to the town of liars. And then you just need to go in the opposite direction.  

Symbolism of number One

azngraceful

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:52 pm
xXLuckeXx
BluePod
I think the answear to the train one is 100 miles.

I don't know if that was a wild guess but that is correct.

Anywayz, here is another riddle. It is said that 98% of the world can not solve the riddle. Are you in the lucky 2%. Do not cheat!!

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints:

* The Brit lives in the red house.
* The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
* The Dane drinks tea.
* The green house is on the left of the white house.
* The green homeowner drinks coffee.
* The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
* The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
* The man living in the center house drinks milk.
* The Norwegian lives in the first house.
* The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
* The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
* The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
* The German smokes prince.
* The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
* The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

my friend solved something like this... let me see if i can solve this  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 pm
cinnamonst
How does the building itself often called building when it was already built

Easy, it is always changing!

DvnT

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:25 am
I think The Symbolism Of One's got the answer to that second one! The year is 1744.

This one hasn't been answered yet...

Duels of good and evil,
A fighter of good am I.
Revealed beside watched words,
King of the black night sky.

What am I?

I think it's the sun...no wait! A star? Duels of good and evil a fighter of good am I (sometimes heroes or good people get called stars or superstars?)
Revealed beside watched words (sometimes in books there's a particular word with a star next to it)
King of the black night sky (somebody aready guessed moon so I thought stars, because you see more stars than moons in the night sky, so they dominate it?)

I have some riddles of my own......really old ones!

1. Riddle me, riddle me, rot tot tote!
A little wee man in a red red coat
with a staff in his hand and a stone in his throat
What is he?

2. I have many eyes but I cannot see
what am I?

3. Hitty Pitty on the wall,
Hitty Pitty in the wall,
If you touch Hitty Pitty,
Hitty Pitty will bite you.
What is Hitty Pitty?

4. A houseful, a holeful, but you cannot get a bowlful.
What is it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 am
babycakes69other, I'm guessing for your second one, the answer's a potato, and for your number four, I'm guessing smoke.  

Mad Haru

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 am
yep and yep again!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:16 am
gah, i have babycakes69other's 1st, 3rd, and 4th riddles in this story but it doesn't give the answers!!!! but the 4ths been answered anyway.. nyah... also, i have a riddle, but it doesn't rhyme:

Sam is running a major race. He sprints the last stretch, and beats the all the others. But Sam doesn't get a prize for what he has done. If Sam didn't test positive for drugs and didn't cheat, why didn't Sam receive a prize?  

demonllama0

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:59 am
Hmmm....he was going the wrong way?

I got those riddles from Beatrix Potter's book of Nursery Rhymes, there's another one about Bumble Bees but I can't remember it...is that the book you have? They do give you the answers in that book. But said it's from a story.....anything to do with Peter Rabbit? blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:07 pm
Here's one for ya all:
In Ukraine, on March 23rd, 2001, European basketball championship finals were held. The final score was 78:63, but not a single man scored a shot. Explain.  

Symbolism of number One

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 pm
demonllama0
gah, i have babycakes69other's 1st, 3rd, and 4th riddles in this story but it doesn't give the answers!!!! but the 4ths been answered anyway.. nyah... also, i have a riddle, but it doesn't rhyme:

Sam is running a major race. He sprints the last stretch, and beats the all the others. But Sam doesn't get a prize for what he has done. If Sam didn't test positive for drugs and didn't cheat, why didn't Sam receive a prize?

Maybe he was more than one stretch behind all the other racers, and then, at the very end, he managed to run past all of them, but that only made him fall behind less.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 pm
Here's one for ya all:
In Ukraine, on March 23rd, 2001, European basketball championship finals were held. The final score was 78:63, but not a single man scored a shot. Explain.

Not a single MAN scored a shot, but a woman did. It was a women's basketball game  

ThanatosOfTheEnd

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 pm
yeah! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:27 pm

It was a political race? such as a campaign

Here's a riddle:

I am at the beginning of eternity, and I am the one who starts the end. I am last at life, and I am only second to death. What am I?  

ThanatosOfTheEnd

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 pm
ThanatosOfTheEnd

It was a political race? such as a campaign

Here's a riddle:

I am at the beginning of eternity, and I am the one who starts the end. I am last at life, and I am only second to death. What am I?

I think I've heard this one....but I can't for the life of me remember the answer....

Is it a bang?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games