Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Continuing to get everything. (suggestions on team building) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the plan on completing data for the Sinnoh Dex before working on the national Dex, absurd?
  Or just well planned?
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:26 pm
Is there a way to increase the chances on getting a Shiny pokemon. I've heard that Shiny Ditto with everstones may raise odds slightly. (for breeding) I've also heard that shiny pokemon have a higher chance.
But I haven't seen any evidence of either being true.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:39 pm
Yes, there is a way to increase the chance of a Shiny ; chaining.

In terms of breeding, I've heard that you can't increase the chance. I suspect that's because non-average breeding values (inherited nature + IVs) are simply ones generated after the personality value has been generated, meaning they overwrite whatever values came from the personality value. This would mean that whether or not the pokemon is shiny is determined before inherited traits are determined, which means they don't affect the rate.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Hmm, so really the odds of having a useful shiny pokemon are incredibly low.

I was just thinking about all the extra Ralts that I'd be getting and thought that there might have been a chance to actually use some of them as something worth more then just a fodder pokemon.

In that case, I might be in the market for 2 male and 2 female Ralts with Modest or Timid natures, IV's of er, the aforementioned stats, above 25.

Dunno what I've got on hand, but my Diamond is only getting played to obtain dex entries and shouldn't need most of the items it's got on it. (except for various ones that I've been collecting)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:38 am
So, I'm slowly progressing. when I get the HM fly to use I'll head back and catch some more pokemon that I've missed.
Should do a lot of leveling up with my box, most of the pokemon in my box have evolutionary stages that merely require leveling up. and I'm all about filling my Dex.

So, for that, Is there a Bold or calm Feebas egg out there with relatively good IV points? (Rest + Sleep Talk Milotic) getting it to evolve isn't that hard, unless they changed the poffin making skills, i tend to get around 18 per poffin. (sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower, but usually around 1 cool  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 pm
I could breed one for you for relatively cheap (since I have a Sleep Talk + Rest Milotic myself.) Looks like if I tried this, it'd be Calm with 31 Defense and 31 Special Defense.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 pm
Up to you.
Much later I might try it myself, but the results will be sporadic while I breed the high IV stats.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:06 pm
Ok, so far the looking team has:
Gardevoir (Double status)
Snorlax (Sleep Talk)
Kingdra (Defensive Rest + Sleep Talk) or (Dragon dance (Ubers) )
Blissy (Diverse Blissey)
Togekiss (Flinch)
???? (????)

Some changes as needed, but that looks to be the good basis.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:04 pm
So, I'm thinking on a sixth, but, picking one is pretty, tricky. I've got all the major things covered to my knowledge.
I don't follow the single status rule, in case you weren't aware of. Most of my friends just play super casual. (no EV or IV, sometimes nature if they get lucky, and they do whatever. (we all follow the no legend and no uber clause. (usually, sometimes there is a stray uber in there. Which, Is handled by asking if they have a pokemon from the Uber list in their team. At which point I'd swap in Wobbuffet for number six, but. none of this team has been built yet, and I just want to keep it stable in a box for battling only.

Already have the EV/EP values planned. the IV values though I'll try to get in the upper 20's (you know, above 25) unless people have suggestions and have trades) but that last pokemon has me baffled, I can't really think of a pkemon that can accurately fill the last spot without giving my team some glaring weaknesses or increase the inefficiency against one of the types that I'm going to have some trouble dealing with already.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 pm
So, here's what the team looks like on paper.
Gardevoir : Leftovers, Trace, Modest : 252 HP / 48 SpA / 176 SpD / 32 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt

Blissy : Leftovers, Natural Cure, Bold : 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Toxic
~ Softboiled

Togekiss : Leftovers, Serene Grace, Calm : 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
~ Body Slam
~ Air Slash
~ Roost
~ Aura Sphere / Substitute

Snorlax : Leftovers, Thick fat, Sassy : 244 HP / 28 Def / 236 SpD
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Body Slam
~ Crunch

Kingdra : Life Orb, Swift Swim, Lonely : 208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Outrage
~ Draco Meteor

Breloom : Toxic Orb, Poison heal, Adamant : 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Focus Punch
~ Spore / Seed Bomb

Considering a couple Ubers when allowed in games. (in particular Kyogre, Lugia, Palkia, and Wobbuffet as potentials for an uber class team)
Ubers that have been thought of to round out team for uber level play.
Lugia (great Wall)
Palkia (Mixed Attacker (rain))
Wobbuffet (Oh no, It's wobbuffet)
Kyogre (Rest + Sleep talk)
mewtwo (taunt+Calm Mind)
Giratina (The great Wall)
I would have included Arceus as it's, well, sort of the God of pokemon, but, the odds of finding five of the above, much less an arceus of the required type, would be darn near impossible.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 am
If you put Spore instead of Seed bomb on Breloom, how will you hit teh GHOST types?  

Kumi Katsuna

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:54 am
I thought that Spore just puts the opponent to sleep.
I was thinking of Spore over Seed Bomb in the longer term strategy of extra moves against ghost. And I wasn't really thinking too much on ghosts as there aren't a whole lot in the OU category. Plus kingdra, Snorlax, Togekiss, Blissy, and Gardevoir can handle ghost pokemon.
Breloom is more of the sweeping tank. (you know, strong enough but slightly slow in execution)
I could run Seed Bomb to handle ghosts, but the lack of Spore can become a problem if there's a faster pokemon. Spore really helps in setting up SubSeeding. Free turn so to speak.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff