Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:54 am
@Ethurill-- wah!! doctor quote! <3 this is a favorite quote of many fans :3 hehe

someone said earlier that people don't learn from their mistakes. That's not true. People do learn from their mistakes but won't always choose the 'right' choice. People everyday make decisions that they think are best for them even though from an outsider's point of view it may not be the 'right' choice.

It's kinda like how people moved back to New Orleans after Katrina. The city will flood again, it'll get hit by storms again. So from this point of view these people are making the 'wrong' choice and it may appear that they haven't learned from the past. However this is a decision that these people made. They wanted for whatever reason to stay in New Orleans. who are we to say that they made the 'wrong' choice?

although that was a bit off topic i guess heh ^,^;; (sorry!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:14 am
Eternal life would be awful.
You'd have to see reruns of just about every show with no end! burning_eyes

On a more serious note, eternal living would be boring, scary, and just a tad bit tedious. I mean, sure you'd make a new set of friends when your last set dies, but it gets more and more hard for you to say goodbye. I think I'd take death over eternal life.  

BlueMoon4

kawaii-Sk8terGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:41 am
I think they're both awful . Why ? Because Eternal life = Endless things that die before you do . Death = You won't see any of the people you know until they die .  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 am
User ImageTake my hand, Come with me...

Eternal life would be horrible. Watching all the people that you have lived your life with die...and you not being able to go with them. It would suck.

User Image
...Into this Crystal Village

icewolfspirit

Twilight Hound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 am
I've got to say Eternal life.
If you never got to live, what would you miss in your life?
Nothing since you never lived, therefore, wouldn't it feel the same?
Would you feel at all?
Arg! My opinions confuse me...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm
immortality is definately scary. Everyone dies one day, right?
But to watch everyone else die, to have to go through the simple, wesary, wearing days - for forever. That's terrible.  

Tarantellatears

Lady Bean Sidhe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:42 pm
I would say neither, because I am scared of neither. I know that some day I will die. Yet if I were to have eternal life, I would take that oppurtunity to do the things I'd always wanted to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 am
I honestly think that eternal life would be torture.
Now that's eternal life in this life.
If you are talking eternal life after death, that's a whole nother story.
I think that would be a lot better than life here forever.
But that's just my opinion.
I would have to agree with many of the people here and say death is better than eternal life for many of the reasons they have said themselves.

Inuyasha_Chaos_Bringer

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am
LovetoCauseMayhem
"What would become of you and what might become of others may be two very different things. You would do well to keep this in mind."

So you're saying that not everyone dies? Or are you speaking of some other subject I addressed?

Not everyone would be caused by the events you named, to become an emotionally voided shell. This refers to a post on page 12, I believe. Excuse my absence.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:37 pm
living forever would scare me. im not even araid of death, i have come to terms with the fact that one day I and everyone I love will die, it's just a fact of nature. Living forever is just horrible. you'd either get old and frail beyond belief, or you'd stay young while every one around you got older. either way it sucks and it would emotionally destroy you. think about it either way you wouldn't be able to fall in love, and if you did you'd have to realize that that person would die and you would have to live without them. so ya eternal life scary, death not so much.  

monkeyman2552

Blackhearted_Sean

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 pm
neither are really "scary" to me, just I don't like the idea of living forever. It would get kinda boring after awhile living for eternity lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:29 pm
I find death more of a kind of release of worldly issues and thus not a scary event.

I find eternal life more scary than death due to the fact that humanity is bound to make mistakes and an eternal life on earth will just allow you to see all the mistakes humanity will make and suffer the consequences.  

Avaloch

hoboj03

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm
I find enternal life much more frightening than death. Why? Simply because if I were to have eternal life I would continue to live for eternity while my loved ones die. Eternal life would end in a very lonely life. Where as death, it is just god bringing us back home. The way I see it, earth is not our true home. We are only sent to earth to experience things for god. Once we've fulfilled that role, we are sent back home to heaven and the process repeats itself. But if you continue to reject your duties you will be sent to hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 am
Wow..I love discussing this topic!! I've had it with countless people, and have had great discussions.

And before I used to think that living forever seemed like a very interesting idea, because then I'll be able to see the world evolve and finally have the answer to whether or not humans learn from the mistakes, because 60-90 years just isn't enough a time to know. But now I think living forever is the thing that should be most feared; imagine all the pain you would have to go through, the solitude, the lack of freedom; and sure living forever would entitle you to being able to do whatever you want but you wouldn't have the freedom to do what normal everyday people can do and one of these great freedoms is love. Yes it's corny but it's true loving and immortality just can't go together.

x.SelflessAngel.x

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:05 am
To me, eternal life is scarier. It's like being on a really long drive but with no destination.
(I'm gonna be a geek now....)

I feel sorry for Superman because he'll go on forever, yes Kryptonite harms him and in a few of the comics he has actually died....but he ALWAYS comes back! To me that's a horrible existance. He experiences death, but still lives forever on this earth! Saving it from whatever every single day! If I had his powers, I'd probably just kill all the annoying people in the world with my heat vision. I wouldn't be a very good superhero.....

Anyway, back to the topic...
I would choose death over eternal life 1. eternal life never seems to work out (Superman, like I mentioned before, Dracula is always lonely sure he seems happy but what does he feel on the inside?), plus what if you made a terrible mistake during your long life? You'd have to live with that regret for the rest of your life....which would be never ending! You'd have to live with that guilt forever!
2. In about 50 billion years or so, it is believed that the Sun will explode taking the Solar System with it. I take comfort in the fact that I'll be long dead by then....imagine floating in space for all eternity? I'd rather go to hell, at least while you're being tortured in hell you know you deserve it!  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff