Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ouroboros95

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:01 am
I think it's eternal life because you can see all of you're loved ones dying >_<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 pm
i think eternal lyf wud sum people prefer,,,coz eternel lyf is eternal suffering,,,, twisted  

sullen_seeker of d dead

KioKy112

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:37 pm
death  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:16 pm
It depends if you can live knowing that you will be seeing everyone else and your loved ones all die. Sooner or later you would lose yourself because you'd have to distance yourself from all attachments.
That would be very lonely after a while.
Of course many feel alone as it is, but they underestimate the burden of time and forever.  

SilentSong32

du Mort

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm
Fairly easy for myself, Eternal Life would be far worse. It would be just horrible to have to live forever. If a disease where caught, one without a cure, such as, say, AIDS, it would cripple you and you'd have to just stay with it. Given, eventually, after a long time, the body may begin to fight the ailment off, it would progress to untold levels before. And of course, you'd see everyone you ever loved die, your children, their children, you grand children's grandchildren, and so on. Eventually, one might develop insanity after going through that, and that would be worse yet, to be in an immortal life with a fractured mind. The main way to stop this Insanity would to become cold and distant to most if not all of human existence, a problem in itself if one wants to live forever comfortably.

On a bit less serious thought, your body wouldn't be invulnerable, would it? If you get caught in an explosion, say, Nuclear, you're pretty much screwed. You become a conscious fixed to one spot on the Earth, without any shape or form. In this, you'd lack any senses, any ability to communicate with the world around you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm
Honestly, there is no such thing as eternal life.

Because eventually you'll be killed for having "supernatural powers" or whatever human kind dubs it. Most of the time, if you hear about something living forever, you also hear about someone going to kill it.

I dunno. I think I'd rather live for a long time and then have people try and kill me. Just because I'd have an opportunity to learn so much more about people.

Little Miss Codine

Phailist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:25 pm
Here are my. . .

Accept death, do not fear it, but embrace it, just never search for it.

Having eternal life wouldn't be so great, once you think about it.

Say you're on a boat that gets blown up. Everyone around you dies.
WW3. Everyone around you dies, you don't.
Nuclear explosion. Everyone around you dies and burns, you don't.

Would you like this? Accept death, do not fear it.

. . . my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 am
Both are frightening in their own ways, but I think that eternal life is the scarier prospect. Watching those you love (or grow to love later down the road) die and having that cycle repeated over and over for eternity? I think that would break me after very little time.

I am scared of death, but less because of what comes after death as much as I am scared of dying.  

LadyJadeBlaze

funshitsu shoki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:57 am
I would have to say eternal life is scarier. Everyone you love would die before you. eventually everything you held close would be gone and you would be stuck the way you are forever. No change, monotonous days (did I spell that right???), solitude. Eventually becoming afraid to get close to anyone else because you don't want to go through the pain of losing someone important to you again and again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:24 pm
eternal life would b scarier cuz wen the earth is destroyed (it will happen like it or not) u will still live in space with absolutely no 1 2 comfort u and every thing u hold close 2 u would b gone ud just sit there

theres that and wen u do sie u might not feel it but if u live 4ever ud feel the pain but wouldnt die  

i heart me34

Winifred_707

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:06 pm
i would say that i would choose death as the scarier one because its just stepping off the edge and into the unknown with the possibility that it will be nothing, hell, or heaven or something else bepending on what you believe in.

eternal life for me because yes so long as i dont continue to age (that would be horrible). my personality is just ignoring pain. i might lose my family but so long as i dont really concentrate on them i wont cry or feel sad. now yes the bad part is losing everyone that you care about over and over but lets say i never stayed in one spot for very long. enough time to get attached and help people's lives but i can still walk away. i wold be happy that i could help them out. i would also love being able to learn everyting in that time also. the one bad thing for me would be the solitude i would want one friend at least to have eternal life with me even if its just a pet, so i wouldnt be by myself.

i sorta say this with the idea that the world will continue people will live on this world or another one forever.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:15 pm
It depends a great deal on the circumstances. Eternal life on this earth could be kind of hellish if it was just you living on while everyone you knew died. However, if you were living with someone else with eternal life (who you got on with well of course) then it may be preferable for some people than the unknown.

Personally I think that eternal life on this planet would be much scarier than death.  

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:53 pm
I would say eternal life, cause if u had friends or someone u loved... U would just be watching them die and u could never rest.. U'd always be wondering the earth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 am
I'd say death is scarier because you don't know how you die or when you die. Or what will happen after you die.For instance, some people may be worried if they'll be remembered after they die or how will their family live if they were the one that made money to support their family.I think that's what makes people afraid of death.

I can't understand how eternal life can be scary though, that's kind of what doesn't make death scary at one point. What relieves the fear is the fact that when you die you're not actually dying, you're kind of being re-born and you're with the loved ones that have passed on before you.  

hahaha340

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:50 am
Eternal life is much scarier than death. The world's bad enough without people living forever.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff