Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shikaeii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 pm
Eternal life would definitely be torture unless everything and everyone you love had eternal life too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:36 am
eternal life would be scary I think because everyone around you is gone..Now what? Death is permenant your not coming back..Its over ...Even if you met new people they would eventually die..I guess if you have alot you want to accomplish you theoritically could..  

ladyshari

Migamii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:34 am
I don't like to think that one day I'll die. That's scare for me I've lost some people that I loved because of death and that was really painfull. I prefer eternal life but only if everybody could have too!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:24 am
Well, let's think about this:
If you live forever, you can't keep the same friends or live in the same people because they'd wonder why you're 60 years old looking like a teenager.You'd have to move CONSTANTLY because some ignorant and arrogant people would think you were a freak or something

From my viewpoint, death isn't the end. You wait until you're reincarnated over and over....

So typically, I prefer death. Immortality is too difficult rather than scarey  

Kyakume

Draven of The Night

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:31 pm
i think eternial life would be ausome u could see the would blow up
if i had to face death i great it and take it in  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:32 pm
Draven of The Night
i think eternial life would be ausome u could see the would blow up
if i had to face death i great it and take it in

you'd have eternal life, but that dont mean you are immune to pain and such. if the world blew up, You would be blown to bits as weel, but still be stuck living forever as the tiny bits. not to mention the indescribable pain of the experience of blowing up.

that would suck.  

azrael the reaper_95210

sientolo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 am
I find death scarier - who knows what happens after you die, do we meet our god/gods? do we find out our purpose in life? what happens to our souls? do we just become non-existant?

It upsets me because all the terrible things that some of us go through in life... do we ever find out the reason for those things happening? - or did we just struggle through life for nothing but to become letters written on a death certificate?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 am
Well even if I did not think of something so extreme like Draven or Azrael, I think I prefer to be mortal.
Even if you are lucky and do not have to face immense pain, you would lose everybody who is not mortal (I think someone mentioned that before, but I forgot the nick). Ok THIS experience do make a lot of mortals, but you cannot believe in "following". So maybe you might find another special one, but you would lose that one, too.
The story goes over and over again and there are not many option
1. you stay in emotional pain
2. you learn to ignore that, but ignoring feelings means ignoring humanity. So in the end you lose your inner life and just stay a vessel for whatever.
And think of all the experience you have and no one else. Everytime something happens you think "Oh, are you stupid? We had that 200 years ago and it did not work". I think you would be pissed for you whole life which is quite a long time if it is eternal.

In fact I am not afraid of being dead, but of dying. I think it is not over after you died, but even if it is, I will not notice^^  

Shenyu

Valhatros

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:14 am
Eternal life is scary because it's mean no end and every thing start with the end of something.

Death is scary if you die with regrets.

So... I'd say both scare me I guess!

That was my opinion! Sorry if it's short X_X  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:26 pm
eternal life is ninja ninja  

GunGrave-Resurected69

Sutorumie Karurusonu

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:26 pm
I think I'd have to say death. I don't know for sure what will happen when I die. I don't know how I'll die- will it be painful? Will I pass in my sleep? Will I go to Hell or rebirth as a dog? Not knowing is horrible...

As for eternal life, as long as I could stay youthful and the same with everyone around me, I would love to live forever. Otherwise, I'd have to watch myself grow old and people around me die... and I'd get lonely. Plus I'm plain afraid of growing old o-o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:22 am
I'd have to say eternal life. You'd have to see the death of all of your friends and family. You'll possibly see the end of the world, then what? I'd prefer death.  

Furude Hanyuu

Bani Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:12 am
I agree with Furude Hanyuu.

Sure death is scary, but don't you believe that when you die, you are reborn?

When you die, it may be scary. You might die alone, or you may be surrounded by dear friends and family.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:22 pm
Death without a doubt. Think. All your life you've been influenced at what you're going to see at the end of the road. But is it TRUE? There is no possible way of telling because there is no living proof. There are millions of possiblities that can happen when you die...devine retribution, reincarnation, eternal darkness? They can be speculated, but they can't be confirmed. And everyone knows that you fear what you don't know.

I just can't see eternal life being scary. Other than watching your family grow old and eventually die...there is only benefit. You will witness things that nobody else will live to see. You will see new worlds, new innovations and evolutions. You will become a person of great importance, a living timeline, a cure for sickness and diesease, and maybe even the newfound cure for aging!  

DumberDan

Shimohu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:45 pm
Id rather have Death at me.. quick than slow or eternal life..

all my friends and family will die but im the one still living  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces