Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mordred_Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 pm
i would say eternal life will not necessarily be the most scariest but most certainly the most painful of the two.
i would not wish to stay alive while everything and everyone around me died. plus you never aging would quickly become suspicious and you know what happens then. people want to know why you dont age and they will try to find out. scary but probably true. death over immortality for me unless my love was also immortal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 pm
I think That personally Eternal life would suck
Because you would have to live with everyone u loved dieing and it would get borining after a while

But Im more afraid to die because i dont know what comes after death

I think that people with confadence in a religioun that promises life after death would be more inclined to die but people like me who arent sure if what they balieve is true or not death is a scary thing  

Caity9117

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm
I think its scary to think about "what if there is no afterlife?". And if you were spending eternity with someone you love, i don't think it'd get too boring, but, idk about everyone else, but sometimes i'm comforted by death. Like, when you hear scientist talking about when the sun is going to expand in, like, another billion years or something, I always think, "Who cares? I'll be dead by then." So, I'd rather die.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm
i think eternal life is scarier cause if you messed up your life really bad and you wanted to die you cant and youd have to live with it the rest of your life...but then again if you were in heaven then youd be with god (if you believe in that kind of stuff) i guess it depends on if you were talking about in heaven hell or earth although it might be exciting to live forever it might be alittle wrong...cause people need to be able to die anyways cause if they didnt the world would be overpopulated and it would probably be bad  

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

NarcoticxDreams

900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 am
Eternal Life, because why do you think people get old and then die. Because thats the beauty of it. Living for ever is bad and soon you will see how bad it could be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 pm
I wouldn't say "freaked out" for me. If I knew that I had eternal life, I'd be like "Yea! I can do whatever I want without worrying." But if I knew there was just death, it would be no shock to me since I just think that happens to everyone when they die. With eternal life, I could just take everything easily and have more patience with everyone and everything. But sadly I doubt that, and if it was true, I would probably never know. Yet at the same time, I would think it would get depressing after a while. All the people you get close to just die. Then once you actually want to "die," you are unable to... If I had a choice, I'd just like to live a long and happy life.

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

Esme Eames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 am
Eternal life would freak me out. It makes me think of vampires in the movies and TV shows. I wouldn't want eternal life because eventually my friends would die off and times would change. When times change you might have trouble readjusting and can't cope. I think eventually the official language of the US will be chatspeak and I don't do chatspeak well, so I would be in trouble. I also don't know if the world is going to the dogs or is going to be better.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 am
To me, eternal life is very frightening. I would have to watch my friends and family die. I couldn' t bear that. Plus I would feel horrible as I watched them on their death beds while I remain young and healthy forever. I would also have to repeat everything in school so my brain doesn't go dead. I could stand that, just not Social Studies. I might like eternal life if I was always happy, but hey, what are the chances of that.
Death I can accept. I'll know I've lived my life. And I'll trust the next generation to take care of the world while I'm gone.  

Starstruck Rainbow

__deactivated24601

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:05 am
Well, if you ask me, eternal life is scarier. Sure, it might sound appealing in a way, 'cause you'd have all the time in the world. But then, it's hard to move on while you leave everyone you love behind. If you one day find out you're about to die, you could still spend your final moments doing the things you want to. That way, it'd be more significant for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 am
In my best oppinion i believe Eternal life is more scarrier than Death...I only say this because eternal life can bring no happiness when those around you age and pass on while you are left alive and ageless.alone in the world to fend for yourself when nobody is with you anymore...  

the greatest wizard

Yreduasp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm
For me eternal life would be scarier.

Firstly because death doesn't scare me it is a part of life and it is beautiful.

Secondly because eternal life isn't natural and disrupts the balance of nature. It could end up destroying the world or worse more than just our world.

Thirdly because living forever while those around me die would lead to a dull existence where one would not want to live at all. OR on the other hand if everyone lived forever we would destroy the Earth quicker and still end up leading dull existences where we all pray for death.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:27 am
eternal life because it would mean no ending. and u would be the only one who could keep living and evry1 would pass on....and death could give you peace(prob)  

Kokoro Senpai

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces