Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Deppfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:57 pm
Yorozuya_Harujiro
deppfan
babycakes69other
I remember the Harry Potter one!

So here's my other two for the last time before I give the answers.....

Riddle me, riddle me, rot tot tote.
A little wee man in a red, red coat.
With a staff in his hand and a stone in his throat,
What is he?

Hitty Pitty on the wall,
Hitty Pitty in the wall,
If you touch Hitty Pitty,
Hitty Pitty will bite you.
What is Hitty Pitty?

The first one is a cherry. The second one is written wrong. It's supposed to be within the wall and without the wall

Now my riddle:
Feed me and I will live, give me water and I will die. What am I?

fire.

You got it  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:01 pm
Hitty Pitty - Nettles, I think.

What runs, but never walks, has a mouth but never talks?  

Uerian

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:34 am
Shroopliss
Hitty Pitty - Nettles, I think.

What runs, but never walks, has a mouth but never talks?

A river.

What is so delicate that when you say its name, its broken?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 am
silence.  

Mad Haru

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:15 pm
Yorozuya_Harujiro
silence.

Correct. Now you have to post a riddle  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 am
d0tted_half_n0te
here's the riddle. I don't know if this was already given. I'll check it out. if it was, I'll change it or post a new one. XP

I herald the darkness which descends on all creatures;
You will know my approach by moans and wracked features.
I visit the hippo, hyena, and horse;
But never go near snails and spiders, of course.
I would circle the globe, leaping one to the other,
Should all the world's people ever clasp hands together.

Um, it seems to be something similar to fleas, tick or lice. All of these three are disease transmitters, which seems to be what is described here. While they drink mammal blood, they do not drink the blood of arthropods. I'd say that it's flea, since the word 'leaping' is used. If all the world's people clasped their hands together, the fleas would spread to everyone..  

Mwahahahaha

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm
That one sounds good. Of course, we should wait for the person who posted it to say if it's correct. For a while, I was thinking that it had to do something with letters. It visits hyena, hippo, horse, but not snails or spiders.
Probably the influence of the other letter-related riddles in this thread. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 am
You're both right, it was cherry and nettles.....  

BabycakesFTW

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:59 am
You have 24 coins. one of those 24 coins is counterfeit. The counterfeit coin weighs less than the true coins. All the coins are identical in appearance. You have a double balance scale to determine the counterfeit coin by weighing it against the other coins. In the fewest number of measurings, determine which coin is counterfeit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:58 am
Lightwater2520
You have 24 coins. one of those 24 coins is counterfeit. The counterfeit coin weighs less than the true coins. All the coins are identical in appearance. You have a double balance scale to determine the counterfeit coin by weighing it against the other coins. In the fewest number of measurings, determine which coin is counterfeit.

It would be 12, right? Because if you paired the coins up and then weighed them against each other you'd find one that weighed less? Don't judge me on this, it's early in the morning xD

Ok my riddle: what cheese is made backwards?  

Mexeh

Twi666

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:52 am
Quote:

The bubonic plague? If not, how about the flu?

Quote:

How about this. You split the coins up, 12 on one side, 12 on the other. the one that weighs less, you split up again into 6. The lighter side you do the same, so now it's 3 on each side. The lighter side, you then weigh each coin seperately. so, let's say two times we weigh? That would come out to... 5 times. 4 times if you were lucky.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:54 am
Mexeh
Lightwater2520

It would be 12, right? Because if you paired the coins up and then weighed them against each other you'd find one that weighed less? Don't judge me on this, it's early in the morning xD

Ok my riddle: what cheese is made backwards?

Milk. Now, this is my riddle: What happens that no one but fortunetellers and insurance angencies can predict?  

Twi666

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:42 pm
Twi666
Quote:

The bubonic plague? If not, how about the flu?

Quote:

How about this. You split the coins up, 12 on one side, 12 on the other. the one that weighs less, you split up again into 6. The lighter side you do the same, so now it's 3 on each side. The lighter side, you then weigh each coin seperately. so, let's say two times we weigh? That would come out to... 5 times. 4 times if you were lucky.

I think it's 4 times. After 3 measurings, you'll have 3 coins left. You will put 2 of them on each side. 2 things can happen. They can either weigh the same or one can weigh less. If one weighs less, then that's the one. If both weigh the same, then the remaining one is the fake.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:22 pm
Actually, It's only three. First seperate the coins into three piles of eight. Weigh two of the piles on either side of the double balance scale. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is in the pile of eight you did not weigh. If one side is higher than the other, then the coin is one of those eight. Then, take the pile of eight the counterfeit coin is in and divide them into two piles of two and one pile of three. Weigh the two piles of two on ether side of the balance scale, Keepin the pile of three in your hand. If one side goes up, one of those two coins is counterfeit and you just weigh them against each other. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is one of the three in your hand. Weigh one of the three coins on each side of the scale and keep one in your hand. If one side goes up, than that is the counterfeit coin. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is in your hand.

I guess cottage cheese is made backwards.  

Lightwater2520

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:29 pm
Oh, It's edom, ("made" backwards!)
a Plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada. Where do you bury the survivors?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games