Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:05 am
This has a definite answer. you just need to do math.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:47 pm
Lightwater2520
Actually, It's only three. First seperate the coins into three piles of eight. Weigh two of the piles on either side of the double balance scale. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is in the pile of eight you did not weigh. If one side is higher than the other, then the coin is one of those eight. Then, take the pile of eight the counterfeit coin is in and divide them into two piles of two and one pile of three. Weigh the two piles of two on ether side of the balance scale, Keepin the pile of three in your hand. If one side goes up, one of those two coins is counterfeit and you just weigh them against each other. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is one of the three in your hand. Weigh one of the three coins on each side of the scale and keep one in your hand. If one side goes up, than that is the counterfeit coin. If the scale is level, than the counterfeit coin is in your hand.

I guess cottage cheese is made backwards.

Just one correction. 3+2+2=7 So, when you get to the 8 coins, you should split them in two groups of 3 and one group of 2. Then weigh the groups of three on each side etc etc. But yeah, the fewest number of measurings is still 3.  

Symbolism of number One

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 am
sorry, you are right.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:40 am
Yay, I'm right! blaugh  

Symbolism of number One

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:38 am
Since nobody has answered yet, the answer is 60 years. X=1/4x+1/3x+1/5x+13. By doing the evil act of algebra, you come to the answer of x=60.

Okay, let's try something easier.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:43 am
A jigsaw has fifty pieces. If joining two pieces (or groups of pieces) is considered one move, what is the fewest number of moves required to join all fifty pieces?  

Lightwater2520

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:42 pm
LOL That's not easier than the question with years. (By the way, I knew that one. I don't know why I missed to post it.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:21 pm
Just think about it. I'm sure you will get it.  

Lightwater2520

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:21 pm
Ah, but I'm lazy!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm
Fine, It's forty nine. why don't you post a riddle, symbolism of number one  

Lightwater2520

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:58 pm
OMG! You're gonna think I'm lying, but that's what I was about to say.
Honestly! It's because if you just connect them one by one, you'll need to do it 49 times, but if you try to organize them in little groups first, it'll take more.
Arrgh... Anyway, English is not my native language and the riddles I know don't translate well (because they're mostly word-plays), and I only posted one riddle earlier that I knew in English and it has already been answered.

I feel bad for not trying now. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 am
jensenns
I have no idea where my head was at...

Kyoshiro2: I really don't know, then.

Young Sev: Yes, it's lightning.

Answer to Young Sev's riddle: It's a one-way air valve!

Here's literally the oldest riddle in the books:
What goes on four legs in morning, two in afternoon, and three in evening?

but if my heart says I'm sorry, can we leave it at that?

Oh I remember this one! A baby at morning, A child or adult at afternoon, and An old man in the evening. ^^  

Furude Hanyuu

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Symbolism of number One
OMG! You're gonna think I'm lying, but that's what I was about to say.
Honestly! It's because if you just connect them one by one, you'll need to do it 49 times, but if you try to organize them in little groups first, it'll take more.
Arrgh... Anyway, English is not my native language and the riddles I know don't translate well (because they're mostly word-plays), and I only posted one riddle earlier that I knew in English and it has already been answered.

I feel bad for not trying now. crying

What language did you speak originally?

1. How do you put a giraffe in a fridge?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 pm
Oh, I know this one.
You open the door of the fridge. Put the giraffe in it. And close the door.

Err... I'd rather not talk about my native language. Sorry.

(By the way, I'm a little confused with your question? What language did you speak? I still speak it. lol I mean, I didn't move to another country or anything.)  

Symbolism of number One

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:37 pm
At what time did the new year start?
1/1/00 @ 12:00:00
or-
1/1/00 12:00:01?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games