Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince-I

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:34 am
I think the former is scarier in my own opinion. Death is a natural part of the life cycle, so it isn't quite as scary for me than eternal life. Also, with eternal life, I wouldn't like the others asking me about history (because I dislike history in its all.) If it were eternal life for the entirety of our species, I would be afraid of the overpopulation, because I am agoraphobic (fear of crowds).

Death is a commonplace thing, it is accepted; at least, I accept it. I'm not "emo" or anything, but I wouldn't mind death. I truly am more of an optimist over anything. Life is wonderful, beautiful, exurberant, I am not saying that it isn't. Death is just Limbo.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:41 am
If you lived forever, eventually you would begin to forget, and things would be new to you again. With death, you don't get that chance.  

Thursday Noon

Questionable Informer

9,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Full closet 200

Henry Killinger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:57 am
Death is the great unknown, which brings about its own special brand of fear.

Meanwhile, you know exactly what you're getting with Eternal Life. So on the scary scale, I say death wins.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 pm
I believe in Life after Death and both Heaven and Hell. So in this it scares me both ways. Eternal life to me means the life after death. If I were to go to Hell eternal life would suck. However if eternal life to me meant to not die then I guess eternal life woudln't scare me. The latter, thus, makes me fearful, I assume...

DJ_Rial

5,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Drumgasmic Monkeyguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:04 pm
i think death would be the worst. id be scared about what happened afterwards. and about the people that i care for/care for me. im the type of person that couldnt leave the people around me so worried  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 pm
im more afraid of eternal life. Imagine watching everyone youve known or cared for die. Again and Again and Again. Forever.  

Collarchain

Drumgasmic Monkeyguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:30 pm
i think death would be the worst. id be scared about what happened afterwards. and about the people that i care for/care for me. im the type of person that couldnt leave the people around me so worried  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:28 pm
Eternal life. can you imagine how lonely that would be how unfeeling that would make you, scary thoughts.  

Guardian Laluna

ravenesque1

5,675 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 pm
...well, now that everyone's lost interest in this thread, I think it's safe to state my opinion. sweatdrop

Life is amazing. There are so many good aspects to it if you have luck on your side.

However, with the multifaceted nature that it has, life seems just a mite scary. One wrong decision is all it takes to end up living under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Death is horrifyingly scary. Most people fear the unknown. Most people except those ready to face it. It can be played in either direction.

But (in my opinion) what's scarier?

Eternal Life

I just can't wrap my mind around a concept so...so...infinite! It's just like the internet! Good for a while, but after some time (and some thinking) big, scary, and downright menacing!

At least with death, the unknown doesn't outweigh the certainty.

Besides...

after death comes that fabulous eternal life...doesn't it?

eek  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 pm
For me eternal life is scarier. Its easy to die, but its hard to watch all your loved ones die while you know you will continue to live.  

Breaking The Skyline

Hopeful Bliss

Tipsy Fairy

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:29 am
Both. Eternal life enables you to enjoy and experience new thing, but it comes at a price of never being able to properly have friends or create relationships. Plus you're watching are your loved ones die. And Death can be quite painful and happen at an early age. Death is unknown.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:46 am
Well, in my case, death causes more fear in me than eternal life. If there's an afterlife, how would I know it wouldn't suck? What if there is no afterlife and that's it? Being a guy with subpar social skills, I wouldn't mind eternal life. Granted, my family would die while I continue living. Yet, if eternal life isn't as great as it was made to be, I'd rather suffer for them then let them suffer with me.  

The Timid Thinker

Melancholera

Familiar Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:49 am

Death and Eternal life,what a topic.
Well, in my personal opinion, death is the end. Who knows what lies after? There could be nothing, but I certainly hope there is something. Hoping helps as much as water helps a dead fish. It does not.
Eternal life is a mysterious topic. It is science fiction. No one has lived forever and, most likely, no one ever will live forever.
Eternal life has been a major topic recently because the Twilight series became popular. Vampires are popular, therefore, immortality is popular.

Personally, I would choose immortality. My fear of death and what may or may not come after prompts this.
I am not saying that I am afraid of death; it is an inevitability that everyone must face.If given a choice, I have made mine.
I love life so I would choose to keep it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 am
I don't believe that you ever truly die. You just move on, leaving the behind your worries, guilt, and sins. There is no telling what happens when you day, maybe it's just beyond human understanding so face whatever happens face it head on.  

Neil Knives

lostdeathblackrose

Romantic Vampire

8,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:09 pm
id say death is scarier  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items