Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
if you've ever woken up scared and couldn't move... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ever happen to you?
  yes
  no
View Results

Nammu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:30 pm
my god thas horrible! it has happend to me. I swear that I try to move and i cant, i swear I dint know it had a name... ths explaines a lot! IM NOT AN ALIEN!!!!!!! domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:39 pm
It's a bit backwards for me; sometimes when I'm on the border of sleep I start hallucinating before my REM kicks in.
& my dreams are very detailed, so you can imagine it'd be quite odd to actually feel something touching you when nothing is there.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

hella uncool

Feral Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm
Nammu
my god thas horrible! it has happend to me. I swear that I try to move and i cant, i swear I dint know it had a name... ths explaines a lot! IM NOT AN ALIEN!!!!!!! domokun

it makes me extremely happy to have made you feel better ^_____^
@ prettyrainbow surprised h yeah, that's happened to me. I saw a thief at the edge of my bed reaching for me once. usually I hear sudden very short bursts of noise that sound like a section of something someone said very loud, It wakes me up immediately or it sometimes kickstarts me into SP if I'm close enough to being asleep.

the thief was sorta funny  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 pm
that happend to me 3 times. waking up and cant move. worst part is that it happens right after a nightmare. i cant move. sometimes im able to move my fingers. i only see my room. cant look left or right but feel a lot of pressure in my body, and really weird like if somethings trying to enter in my head. but yea it was creepy beyond belief.  

Anabethe

aurelia sabina

Codebreaking Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:11 pm
Its happened to me before, but i think i'd invest in a more reliable resource than wikipedia.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:51 pm
The only time it has happened to me is when I had a serious allergic reaction. I had just gotten home from horse-riding, and I'm allergic to horses, but I ride them anyways. whee I had taken some medication along with a ham sandwich, and apparently ham has some druggy thing that makes you sleepy. So it was the horse+medicine+ham. I was like, wasted. Without the alcohol. I practically floated to my bed and went out like a light. I had a dreamless sleep but when I 'woke up' I couldn't move. I was frozen in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I tried to move my feet, but my head was really numb and heavy and no part of me could move. I panicked for a second, but then I got all calm. I actually thought I was dying or something. xd But I didn't freak out. I thought, if this is how it's going to end, that's cool. I was totally zoned out yet so peaceful. Finally, I blinked and then I shot out of my bed. Apparently, I had slept for 14 hours. I figure that I would die for another chance (haha) to get that much sleep again. mrgreen  

Dokii Dokii

BloodlvsTxBvtterflies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 am
I know a gal that has severe hallucinatory sleep paralysis and insomnia; sometimes she goes weeks without sleeping -wants to give her a big hug but is pretty sure she's still overseas right now-  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 pm
darn...i had another sleep paralysis dreams. it's really annoying me.  

Anabethe

The Golden Pheonix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:13 pm
hella uncool
I just want to let others know because it was terrifying for me before I knew.

ever wake up and your ears are ringing and you hear things? see shadows looming over you and feel a sense if impending doom? and most importantly, can't move no matter how hard you try?

it's sleep paralysis. why it happens? your body releases some kind of chemical while you sleep to prevent you from physically acting out your dreams. if you wake up while your body still releases it, thats what happens.

for about three months I was getting 8 hours of sleep a week because I had no clue wtf it was and it was terrifying. I'd see thin, bony looking shadows looming over me pushing on my chest and stomach.

but it's not dangerous...just something odd to have.
and if it happens to you, don't try and move your whole arm. wiggle your fingers or move your facial muscles. it helps it go away...it also helps to not open your eyes because the hallucinations ^^;;

check it, better info than I can give 3nodding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Sounds like your being probed by aliens. no joke. You act out some of your dreams I know I do. my dad walked in on me at night and I was up and "Infiltrating" the white-house in my sleep for some reason, it was wierd.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:24 pm
hella uncool

ever wake up and your ears are ringing and you hear things? see shadows looming over you and feel a sense if impending doom? and most importantly, can't move no matter how hard you try?

it's sleep paralysis. why it happens? your body releases some kind of chemical while you sleep to prevent you from physically acting out your dreams. if you wake up while your body still releases it, thats what happens.

for about three months I was getting 8 hours of sleep a week because I had no clue wtf it was and it was terrifying. I'd see thin, bony looking shadows looming over me pushing on my chest and stomach.

and if it happens to you, don't try and move your whole arm. wiggle your fingers or move your facial muscles. it helps it go away...it also helps to not open your eyes because the hallucinations ^^;;

check it, better info than I can give 3nodding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

i think i had that happen once. I woke up and i saw this vampire thing above me and i couldnt move. then finally, i managed to force myself to move my arm and i woke up (kinda, i thought i was dreaming while awake or something like that. i wasn't sure) and everything disappeared and was back to normal. it was really weird  

QUW00SH

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:48 am
Ooh, I've heard about that before.
I actually saw it on Montel, when Sylvia Brown was Guest Staring on it.
A lady was asking if she was going crazy, or if it was a ghost or something.
And Sylvia just laughed at her and told her she needed to go to the doctor about it.

Yup, I think I'd be terrified if I seriously couldn't move my body like that.
Of course, I wake up terrified from weird little noises constantly, and no matter what I'm always seeing weird shadows, and I can move, I'm just to scared to do it. =P

It's just because I'm quite possibly the most paranoid person on the face of the earth.

LOL,
Pathetic?

Yeah, I think so too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:51 am
The Golden Pheonix
hella uncool

Sounds like your being probed by aliens. no joke. You act out some of your dreams I know I do. my dad walked in on me at night and I was up and "Infiltrating" the white-house in my sleep for some reason, it was wierd.

Atleast you wernt acting out some fantasy sex dream or whatnot. o.0

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:53 pm
i had that once, it was scary, i was, like 5 orsomethin, i can still remember the dream, but like i couldnt move, i thought it was the whole *frozen-in-terror* thing, but one difference, i didnt see stuff, but like i was on my side for like, an hour bored silly , and i fell back asleep once i could get compfy..*gigles at silly self*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:01 pm
can some one tell me how to get rid of this car V.V  

DvnT

Anabethe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:37 pm
take it out of your signiture.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers