religious issues...please help Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nariko914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 pm
- The Dying Messiah -
I myself don't believe in the christian's god, but I do believe in A god. As to who that god is, I figure there's no way to prove who it is. See, in my personal opinion, the bible was written by man, so therefore everything in it is man's word and not the word of a greater being. They may have been inspired by some divine influence maybe, but there is no way to prove that they were or weren't. In my mind, the bible is a book of stories written by man to tell you what is good and what is bad, and nothing really more. Sorta just a reminder of man's counscience. Don't know if this really helps, but thought it might be interesting for anyone to read maybe. >.>;

*applauds ferociously*

That was wonderful! I agree with you that all religious works were written by human beings, and that perhaps there was the influence of supposed deities, but regardless, as you said, "it is a reminder of man's conscience." It is merely a set of moral standards by which to live and love and grow.

And most people do not understand that it isn't about going to church or confessing or baptizing. Religion was meant to sprout love, not hate or ridiculous and unreasonable rules.

*applauds again*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:24 pm
Nariko914
- The Dying Messiah -
I myself don't believe in the christian's god, but I do believe in A god. As to who that god is, I figure there's no way to prove who it is. See, in my personal opinion, the bible was written by man, so therefore everything in it is man's word and not the word of a greater being. They may have been inspired by some divine influence maybe, but there is no way to prove that they were or weren't. In my mind, the bible is a book of stories written by man to tell you what is good and what is bad, and nothing really more. Sorta just a reminder of man's counscience. Don't know if this really helps, but thought it might be interesting for anyone to read maybe. >.>;

*applauds ferociously*

That was wonderful! I agree with you that all religious works were written by human beings, and that perhaps there was the influence of supposed deities, but regardless, as you said, "it is a reminder of man's conscience." It is merely a set of moral standards by which to live and love and grow.

And most people do not understand that it isn't about going to church or confessing or baptizing. Religion was meant to sprout love, not hate or ridiculous and unreasonable rules.

*applauds again*

agreed 100%!  

Calypsophia

TashiaGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 am
What I do cuz I have the same problem is well... I deal with it. I don't go to mass but I pray at my bed side and things. I don't belive in the christian god, but when around my mom I act like I do. That way I don't get in trouble for my true feelings, but I at the same time can feel that she won't be mad about how I feel. Also, don't bring up religous matters in conversations. I act the same as I did when I was willing to belive in anything (aka 5 yrs old) but can keep my true feelings to myself. I am in a very very true christian family so it can be hard and maybe this doesn't sound like a good idea, but it works. At least for me. Try it, maybe it will work for you. I agree with Dying Messiah, the bible was written by a human, not god himself. Therefor, how do we even know the bible is how god feels about the world? Well, I wish you luck!
TashiaGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:32 am
The point of going to church is not so that you have permission to worship or pray, and it's not to pretend you believe something you don't. The point of going to church is fellowship with people who will hold you accountable for your professed beliefs. It also helps that you can go to hear other people's interpretation of God's Word. If you don't get anything out of mass, I don't think you should go, but I do think you should find a place where you do feel welcome and try it out. It is a sad truth that denominations, in so many cases, divide Christians, and because of that, I highly doubt your mother will be ok with you trying a different church. But you need to be somewhere that you will learn and grow.

Good luck. smile

Calypsophia
jesus didnt go to church, he went to the temple, he was jewish, they called him 'rabbi'. the 'church' wasnt created until after he died.

Just a note: a "church" is a gathering of people of the same belief with a common purpose. The temple is a church. Jesus went to church. The Christian church wasn't created until after He died.  

Ryoukai

6,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:41 am
I am a Christian and I have never read in the bible that not going to church is a sin. I'm not sure if the Catholic bible is different from ours. Maybe you could find a nice Christian church. Generally the good ones don't expect you to show up every Sunday and we believe the same thing that you do. My family often misses church on Sundays because we live an hour away. And the gas prices are horrible.

Misty  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:41 am
Lie,lie lie.
Your mom just wants you to show a believe, and not to really believe. There are lots of things we do for a show. I did a GED for a show, i am going to family events for show.
people in gaia post in guild just to get gold. That is life. So if you want your mom to be nice to you, go there and try to make the best of it. If you really suffer there try to convince her to go to other church, or do a meditation, in the time you are there. It is just couple of hours every week.  

shani26

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 am
Added Note: While the Bible doesn't say you have to go to church going to church is good because it gives you Christian fellowship and love. You have other Christians to support you. I can't even count all the times I've had hard times in my life and people from my church have been their. If you dont like a certain aspect of the service or something about the people find another place to go. If you don't like going overall then study at home. You can worship at home just as well as worshiping in a church.

Misty  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:32 pm
So my mom thinks I'm being sinful and have walked away from God because I don't want to go to mass with her and I don't want to go to church events. She's catholic and has raised me as a catholic but I don't like the religion. I still believe in God and the bible but I don't agree with her ways. I want to find a new religion that still follows God but she doesn't believe a word of it! She won't listen to me! she's yelling at me right now! I'm terribly distracted and can't think of everyrthing I want to say right now...but please someone help me!

You are not turning away from God. Read Romans 14. If you can read all of Romans.

BTW- Hail Mary Prayer are sorta sinful- no offense. Jesus could have came any which way he wanted to- he's God's son, he could have entered the same way Adam did- a little spit and dirt.  

Naitomosu

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items