No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
solving my religious issue! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should I pick a religion to follow or should I follow my own personal beliefs??
  pick a religion
  follow your beliefs
View Results

phynixblack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:16 am
oh god (heh) yeah I know, I'm back. I am gonna make another point that bothers me on 'religion'.

'When god made this world, on the seventh day he rested. right? remember that part? well. the seventh day, sunday. If that is God's day off.....WHY THE HECK DID WE CHOOSE THAT DAY TO GATHER AND BOTHER HIM WITH OUR PROBLEMS?.....We gather and pray on sunday....his day off.....GIVE THE BIG GUY A BREAK PEOPLE, WOULD YOU ANSWER IF SOMEONE CALLED YOU ON YOUR ONE DAY OFF? 'God' works 24/7...LITERALLY....every nanosecond supposedly passed through his mind. HE DESERVES THE QUIET. Why dont we just make 'prayer day' saterday? That would enhance his sunday thats for damn sure, give him the work just before the day off....'

=.= and go ahead. argue...please....I love religion rants.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:19 pm
follow your beliefs. its ok not to have a religion. its ok to follow more than one. just do what YOU want to do/  

The Coffee Destroyer

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm
phynixblack
oh god (heh) yeah I know, I'm back. I am gonna make another point that bothers me on 'religion'.

'When god made this world, on the seventh day he rested. right? remember that part? well. the seventh day, sunday. If that is God's day off.....WHY THE HECK DID WE CHOOSE THAT DAY TO GATHER AND BOTHER HIM WITH OUR PROBLEMS?.....We gather and pray on sunday....his day off.....GIVE THE BIG GUY A BREAK PEOPLE, WOULD YOU ANSWER IF SOMEONE CALLED YOU ON YOUR ONE DAY OFF? 'God' works 24/7...LITERALLY....every nanosecond supposedly passed through his mind. HE DESERVES THE QUIET. Why dont we just make 'prayer day' saterday? That would enhance his sunday thats for damn sure, give him the work just before the day off....'

originally, according to the Jews who follow the OT the 7th day fell on saturday. they were told to keep the sabbath day for worship and rest.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:13 pm
hella uncool
so I talked to my boyfriend and I feel much better. we talked about many different religions and what they have and I'd like any info you guys could give my on them since my mom isn't being supportive. but I'd like to still worship the Christain God and still have the bible. but I don't want it to be as strict as Catholicism.
or maybe I should just follow my own beliefs?

personally I feel you should follow your heart. 'religion' is merely mankinds interpretation of the divine and how one should worship which is generally according to the culture one belongs to. that's why I dont think it matters. underneath all the dogma and rules each religion says one must believe and follow, all religions say the same thing anyway. live with love and compassion for your neighbors, be true to your conscience, and be the best person you can possibly be. my problem with organized religion is that people tend to miss or ignore the meaning, and focus instead on all the silly laws as if THOSE are what's important.. such as going to church on sunday (or at all), dont eat meat on certain days, circumcision, no sex before marriage, etc... the people who focus on these things are totally missing the point.

in essence, I believe that organized religion truly tends to draw people AWAY from their god, and not closer to it. follow your heart, be true to yourself.. dont follow a path just because someone else says you have to.  

Calypsophia

Star_of_the_future

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:06 pm
A religion with a name, is filled with three types of people,
1 people too scared to think of anything and only believe what they are told
2 people who really do believe that religion and believe it is accurate
or 3 people born into that religion and never doubted it because of family
To me though you should follow ur own belief because it should be what you think not what others tell you to think  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:27 pm
(This was once phynixblack)

mwuahahaha ! I return for another teenage vantage point on the religious world.

'Religion is in essence nothing but a....lets say....big pot. That pot is for hope and stability. Some need to have the idea that there is something, some greater power, something watching and helping them. Without religion this world would be highly unstable and even more unpredictable. Those who pray, Pray my friends...Those who don't, well, It isn't required of everyone I guess. maybe I will find some other place, maybe I will meet and angel (if I haven't) but I truthfully simply see it as humans trying to give simplistic and thorough reasoning to the utterly un-simplistic and non-thorough things, like the so called 'miracles'  

newtypephynix

BluePod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:46 pm
Well my opinion is to have your own beliefs and find a religous group that is most like it. That way you get your own beliefs and the backup and confidence of being in a congergation. Oh and if Cathlic is too stict for you there is Protestant.
Me at my church it's no suprise if the pasters son is wearing cut offs. mmm What fits for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:56 pm
maybe you should give a try to something different even if your not crazy about it. whats right may not allways be what you think you want and i dont mean so sound like im trying to push you in any certain direction but i have personaly seen what its like to be in a religion you dont particularly believe in or just remove god and religion from your life and you cannot expect the happiness you are looking for from it.  

Loki god of BS

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:06 pm
phynixblack

i would just like to say that yes we do rely on God alot and sometimes more than we need to but he dosent want us to try and sort it out ourselves because we think he needs a break he would rather help us. His job as you put it is not like ours here. that kind of job has no day offs or vacations. Actually having sunday as a day for prayer is essentially for us on earth it was not created just so we could skip work once a week. it is for replenishing your body and mind through the spirit because i cant find any other way to word it. to relax while being able to grow closer to God and even if for the day rest from temptations and worldly things.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 pm
I have my own religion, which you can find in the link in my signature, Guardians United. If you want, you can read that and see what you think. I'm not forcing you to join, I just want to give you options. My religion tends to be much more . . . accepting than others. You can worship God and still have your own ideas. You shouldn't let your parents decide for you, though.  

Guardian1239

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:25 pm
No one should force a religion upon anyone.... If you do that you might as well decide their whole life for them... Me personally have no religion... I chose that... But as I said no one should be forced...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Follow your own beliefs in the best choice in my opinion. Organized religion is too dangerous for me. I personally believe that there is a god of sort out there and he did stuff and... shazaam. Here we are.

Yup. Thats the condensed version. I'll have to type up the full version of my creation theory some time. People like it.  

duo7700

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:04 pm
you cant be forced to chose a religion. not even by you. if you keep looking in time you will find what youve been looking for. dont just drop out i know by experience that not having a faith you are tied to cannot make you happy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:38 pm
hybridblake
I would have to say say a christian but get out of catholicism 3nodding

I agree  

cocokittyrocks37

trusting paranoia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 am
It seems more strict in the Christian area though...

Anyway, I suggest if you really want a religion, find one that suits you the best. biggrin  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff