Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Does fear of the dark make you foolish Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Infectious Bowel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:01 pm
You shouldn't ever be made to feel shame for the things you are afraid of. >< I think your father might be the one who is an 'a**', though I don't know the whole story so..

But anyway, you're not a fool. So you're afraid of the dark? So what? It doesn't make you any less of a good person, right? Don't worry about what others tell you, about how you should and shouldn't feel. You are the one in your body, not them.

Or something.

XD If it doesn't make much sense, I'm sorry. It's late, and I'm trying to be rational but...D: I don't think it's working so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:47 pm
I agree with Bunai - it is perfectly natural and instinctive for humans to fear the unknown (although not all humans have this fear).
I myself am sometimes afraid in the dark, and I was certainly afraid of it all the time as a young child.
The most obvious way that this fear might manifest itself is through fear of the dark - fear of what one cannot see; moreover, what might be lurking there that you cannot see.

Anonymous...

xxPeacexLovexLadybugxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:08 pm
Hey, im afraid of the dark, but only becasue i cant see. It can be daylight and i can still get scared, but only becasue i dont have my glasses on. Im not afraid of the dark, yet i am afriad of not being able to see the things around me.
Personaly, i think that is a little pathetic of me ( not anyone else). Still your not a fool for being afraid. Everyones afraid! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 pm
Of course not. Everyone is afraid of something may they admit it or not. I'm afraid of the dark even though I love it, isn't that foolish? XD

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Mickey Irish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:34 am
the only thing that makes you an a** is worrying what you dad tells you on something that you cant control... plus there are some freaky things that happen during the dark. but just remeber that every scary thing that happens in the dark, also happens in the light. you just get the luxury of not witnessing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:11 pm
lionydas
the only thing that makes you an a** is worrying what you dad tells you on something that you cant control... plus there are some freaky things that happen during the dark. but just remeber that every scary thing that happens in the dark, also happens in the light. you just get the luxury of not witnessing it.

he's not an a** for that, kids look up to their parents, tend to want to make them proud. I still say it's the father who's being the a** here.  

Calypsophia

The fallen angel from hel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:23 am
I fear nothing,I love the dark  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:00 pm
dude, there's nothing wrong with being afraid of the dark. personally, i'm terrified of it, but that's just cuz in the dark i have to face who i really am, but that's a different story. so don't worry what your dad thinks.  

Mask of Azgalath

Master Bei Shin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:12 pm
fear is not foolish, its what keeps you alive, we fear things for many reasons.
1.We fear what we do not understand.
the dark is mysterious, and hides many things, some scary, some not. so it is rational to fear the dark for this reason.
2.We fear things that are dangerous.
We fear things like spiders and snakes because they can harm us, the dark itself cannot hurt you, but again things in the dark might.
and finally.
3.We fear being alone.
From the time we are born, we need to be with other people, in the dark most people feel alone even if there are others with them.
those are just a few examples.

I used to fear the dark, but now i love it, as a matter of fact, i use it to my advantage, being a ninja and all.

A phobia is an irrational fear brought on by a certain event, or stimulus. you can have a phobia of anything, or everything. from spiders, to chins, to Russian revolutionaries. But a phobia is a serious medical condition, and should be treated. a person with a phobia would rather die than confront the fear, (unless its a phobia of death, they would probably want to live.)
Phobias are created by serious trauma usually during childhood ninja
I know...I'm smart... smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 am
Fear doesn't make you a fool, it makes you smart. Personally, I'm paranoid, so the dark freaks me out because I'm afraid to die. Being afraid helps you make rational choices, but as long as it doesn't rule your life, being afraid of the dark is not as horrible as people think it is. I still sleep with the light on sometimes.  

Shelfkid91

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:07 pm
Darkness... The feeling of being lost with no light to see... It is not foolish it is a pritty common phobia... I think that the reason people are afraid of the dark is that you don't know where you are... Leaving you feeling lost... But another reason may be that you are unsure of what might be in this darkness... If you stare at one piont of light darkness slowly seems to creep around and engulf the light.... But as soon as you shift your gaze the darkness is back to the piont it was... Giving the illusion os it being alive...
Sorry I ranted a bit there... Anyway Being afraid does not make you a fool thats all I'm trying to say...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:01 am
"None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear"
-Ferdinand Foch

It seems to be the general consensus of the people in this forum that the only foolish one is the one who claims to have no fears.

Fear of the dark is not only completely normal, it's also pretty useful. As long as you don't let it control you, you can use your fear to prevent danger. After all, who wants to walk into things or be attacked in the dark?  

Kachan36

TheIncredibleGallimaufry

Shirtless Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:15 am
no, fear of the dark doesn't make you anything. everyone was afraid of it at some point. I think it isn't the dark, the dark is fine, i think its the un-known that makes us afraid.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:23 pm
i used to be afraid of the dark when i was a child, but i've grown out of that silly little fear.  

XstarXnoXstarX

AndrewBot

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:35 pm
dreams into nights yami
i dont fear the dark i fear what's maby hiding in it.

same here, put me in a dark room and i'll be fine till i hear any noise whatsoever...  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff