Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:05 am
YourAzureGoddess
The advice from the old woman:

If you think he's honest, he probably is honest. If you can hear his mean it in his tone, trust your gut and believe him. Keep in touch and keep your spirits up. He'll love you all the more if when you talk to him you're genuinely happy to be spending time talking, rather than being jealous or worrysome. Enjoy the time you get together.

Plan some times that you can come and see him, if possible. Whatever your time and budget allows. Honestly, when people are seperated, you start to think of all the *good* things about the person you care about, and forget most of the bad - it makes the times together so much better.

Really, the only way it gets ruined is if one or both people are constantly jealous or angry or sad when they both get together. That makes the other person wonder "Is this really worth it?" and start looking for someone else.

So, if he's honest, trust yourself, trust him, and enjoy what time you do spend together - make it happy and make it worth remembering.

"old woman"?? do I have a peer here? I'm 36, probably the oldest one on Gaia LOL but your advice is sound. I agree completely.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:43 pm
I understand how it's hard for you, because it can be hard for me...although I've never been cheated on. Anyway, I do worry sometimes, and it's natural to worry... I've said this before in other places, but jealousy is something that happens naturally....whether it's over something material or not, it's something we all feel at some point, because we're human. What really makes a difference is how you act when you're jealous.

It's GREAT that your boyfriend reassured you...and it's also great that you were comfortable enough to talk to him about it. However, watch out - keep in mind that it's irrational to have him comfort you over every single girl. You can't have a 20 minute discussion whenever he mentions a girl or meets a new girl. There are certain situations to watch out for, of course...and it doesn't hurt to ask every now and then about something you might be concerned about... But don't worry about every single person, because it can make him feel annoyed and uncertain as well.

Fuku Taichou

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:31 pm
Calypsophia
YourAzureGoddess
The advice from the old woman:

If you think he's honest, he probably is honest. If you can hear his mean it in his tone, trust your gut and believe him. Keep in touch and keep your spirits up. He'll love you all the more if when you talk to him you're genuinely happy to be spending time talking, rather than being jealous or worrysome. Enjoy the time you get together.

Plan some times that you can come and see him, if possible. Whatever your time and budget allows. Honestly, when people are seperated, you start to think of all the *good* things about the person you care about, and forget most of the bad - it makes the times together so much better.

Really, the only way it gets ruined is if one or both people are constantly jealous or angry or sad when they both get together. That makes the other person wonder "Is this really worth it?" and start looking for someone else.

So, if he's honest, trust yourself, trust him, and enjoy what time you do spend together - make it happy and make it worth remembering.

"old woman"?? do I have a peer here? I'm 36, probably the oldest one on Gaia LOL but your advice is sound. I agree completely.

29... which for Gaia feels ancient. wink  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces