View Results

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:25 am
Wow, I'm really happy about the responses. I think that is is interesting that God just got around to making us if he was forever for always and eternal. Did he get bored or was he a newly created God that had a purpose? And why aren't there any dinosaurs in the bible? And I think that its stupid that people should fight over a god. I mean,if there is a god, then he created us great and after i live my life i'll die and ,you know, be dead. But if there isn't a god, then i'm still here and when i'll die i will be dead. Nothing changes.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:42 am
werebunny131
Wow, I'm really happy about the responses. I think that is is interesting that God just got around to making us if he was forever for always and eternal. Did he get bored or was he a newly created God that had a purpose? And why aren't there any dinosaurs in the bible? And I think that its stupid that people should fight over a god. I mean,if there is a god, then he created us great and after i live my life i'll die and ,you know, be dead. But if there isn't a god, then i'm still here and when i'll die i will be dead. Nothing changes.

some people think that god (all of them) are really aliens. that its been aliens all along through out history... in the bible, in ancient egypt, the gods of mt olympus, the mayan and aztec deities.. that behind em all and behind all the 'miracles' (as in the theory that Mary the virgin was artificially inseminated) were aliens in an endeavor to keep us all opposed to eachother, causing discord to keep us more controllable. machiavelian's theory of divide and conquer.

a huge conspiracy theorist and close friend of mine introduced me to this concept. and you know... while I dont go in much for conspiracy's or put much credence in them, this one is really no less valid than any other idea about what god is.  

Calypsophia

Sprockette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:56 am
I beileve in God.
I believe that he loves us all and wants to help us when we need him.
But he wants us to learn from our mistakes and learn to want to help ourselves.
He gives us strength in ourselves. He took the time to make us nad give us special gifts.
But I respect your opinions.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:30 pm
My grandmother once told me that humans can't comprehend what God is like so when the Bible says that God made humans in his own image, that means that God looks different to everybody because everybody is different.

I think that holds true across the religions of the world- people need to believe in something to survive, otherwise the universe is cold and unfamiliar. So different people, from different cultures, created God the way they need It to be. Thus nobody's wrong and nobody's right, and neither way can be proven.

Personally, I believe in three principles:
1) The usual Christian idea of God and Satan is inaccurate- neither force is all good or all evil, for ultimate evil doesn't realize it's evil since it has no conscience. Not knowing indicates innocence, and isn't innocence good? Thus, everything in nature is a combination of both forces, life is colored in shades of grey.
2) God is who you need it to be, and can be called whatever feels right to you. Because of this, God is also wherever you need it to be- positive energies surround you whether you're in a church or at work, in a hospital or a graveyard. It doesn't make a difference except for the residual energy left from past generations is stronger in certain places.
3) It's better to have a good idea than a strong belief. Anyone who has seen the movie Dogma knows this theory- "People die for a belief. Ideas are changeable." Live your life the way you think you should, and all will be well. If it's a good life, swell. If it's a bad life but you genuinely don't see it that way, you're still good.  

Yasuchika-chan

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:45 pm
Calypsophia
werebunny131

some people think that god (all of them) are really aliens. that its been aliens all along through out history... in the bible, in ancient egypt, the gods of mt olympus, the mayan and aztec deities.. that behind em all and behind all the 'miracles' (as in the theory that Mary the virgin was artificially inseminated) were aliens in an endeavor to keep us all opposed to eachother, causing discord to keep us more controllable. machiavelian's theory of divide and conquer.

a huge conspiracy theorist and close friend of mine introduced me to this concept. and you know... while I dont go in much for conspiracy's or put much credence in them, this one is really no less valid than any other idea about what god is.

0.o wow...never herd that theory before...first time for everything i guess...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 pm
werebunny131
Calypsophia
werebunny131

0.o wow...never herd that theory before...first time for everything i guess...

yeah, I dont go in for it myself personally. and there are documentaries on the history channel that go over the bible and pick out places in it where it couldve been aliens.

I have a slightly different view than your grandmother. I think god is different according to different people because man made god in THEIR image and likeness to try to better understand the divine and life in general. man sought to bring the limitless within limited human perception. but yeah, that's my atheistic perspective.  

Calypsophia

Stanfacedeactivated

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:39 pm
I belive there is a God, but after a while he sent some prophets and left us alone. But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:59 pm
well here this might help it has been proven that if you want to get somehting done you yourself have to do it right!?!? if you want to get a job you might pray but praying will not change your outcome it is the same in the situation you don't ever in your life pray for your shoes to be tied YOU YOUR SELF NEED TO DO IT. But if you deeply belive in god then you should pray for your shoes to be tied. Praying to a jug of milk to tie your shoe's is the same as praying to god it's never going to change the outcome.  

notmatt18

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:10 am
notmatt18
well here this might help it has been proven that if you want to get somehting done you yourself have to do it right!?!? if you want to get a job you might pray but praying will not change your outcome it is the same in the situation you don't ever in your life pray for your shoes to be tied YOU YOUR SELF NEED TO DO IT. But if you deeply belive in god then you should pray for your shoes to be tied. Praying to a jug of milk to tie your shoe's is the same as praying to god it's never going to change the outcome.

I can respect any and all beliefs, even the beliefs of athiests and such. However, I myself find that there is something out there much higher than ourselves. I have had far to many "coensidences" between my prayers and the great outcomes. So I can not quite follow in your theory, but I can respect your right to follow it yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:16 pm
azrael the reaper
notmatt18

I can respect any and all beliefs, even the beliefs of athiests and such. However, I myself find that there is something out there much higher than ourselves. I have had far to many "coensidences" between my prayers and the great outcomes. So I can not quite follow in your theory, but I can respect your right to follow it yourself.
I can respect that too im just saying there are so many people in this world who come to me for advice with dire life situations and they say praying doesnt help i tell them time and time agan that you have to think logilly. LOOK all im saying is that there are so many people in the world that have there prayers unchecked and unfufilled  

notmatt18

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:06 pm
Take a look around at all the things of this world, the animials, the plants, babies...evolution could not have created such perfection....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:25 am
I do not believe there is a god, or any other type of creator for that matter. And i acually do not give a damn. If there was a god why would he want us to spend so much of our short time here worshipping him? Why would he let all this chaos happen? He could stop it if he wanted, correct? But he would rather let his "place of pefection" go to a disaster than to try and correct it? It is a bunch of bullshit, if you ask me the bible is just a made up story that got intrepretted wrong. And if there is a god, well, i'm going to hell. Amen.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:44 pm
There probebly is a god but not somthing praticle like jesus or somthing stupid, as that isn't praticle.

Do you really think we're the only planet with life on it? The universe is infinit and on one other planet this same discussion is going on.

Long story short god is probebly just some kind of energy being or somthing greater that can't be comprehended.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:45 am
jambare
Take a look around at all the things of this world, the animials, the plants, babies...evolution could not have created such perfection....

But is it truly "perfect" ?
User Image  

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

Christian Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 pm
I just want to say my views.

I am a major christian. I believe and heart both Jesus and God (by the way they are both capitalized because they are names of people, whether you think their fictional or not us saying that because a lot of people ask me about that wink ), so i do know their is a God. It's awesome that people ask these questions and question the existence God and Christianity because thats exactly what we're supposed to do. I just thought I should share that. I do agree that its not all perfect, but besides God and Jesus, who or what is? Our flaws make us us. Thats all it comes down to. Who could create such perfection? I believe that what makes us imperfect can give us an instruction manual to be perfect. Its impossible to be perfect, but you can always try. biggrin  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff