Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
So you're in a Helicopter... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  Why Not?
View Results

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:08 pm
Zebbraa

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself?
We'd both die in the end, because I'd keep telling her to take it, but she'd keep telling me I should take it.

Very nice. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:09 pm
Yeah, I'd take the parachute in every instance with the exception of my mother. However I have a feeling my mom would find a way to put me in the parachute no matter what choice I made there. I have no reason for this answer except that it is an honest one. I'd like to say I'd be self sacrificing and give it up to someone, but the truth of the matter is when it comes down to it I'm just like any other animal, and that means self preservation is the natural choice. And even though I am not a self sacrificing sort of person, I like to think my honesty in these matters counts for a little something. At least if any of you are in a plane with me and only one parachute you all know I'm going to fight you for it when the plane starts going down. Good thing for everyone, I try not to fly very often xd .  

unrequietedCat

Anabethe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 pm
zphal_girl87
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? I take it myself

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself? Definitely ill give it to my mom, or a close family member or friend.

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? i take it myself

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? i take it myself

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself? i would take it myself.

Why?
because in most cases i dont know the person or if they deserve to live. for family members there are no second thoughts about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:11 am
meleny7
zphal_girl87
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? I take it myself

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself? Definitely ill give it to my mom, or a close family member or friend.

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? i take it myself

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? i take it myself

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself? i would take it myself.

Why?
because in most cases i dont know the person or if they deserve to live. for family members there are no second thoughts about it.

who are we tho, to decide who deserves to live?  

Calypsophia

cmcconnell95

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 am
first case:i'd take the chute for myself cause he aint gonna be presedent much longer,his terms almost up
secound case:i'd try to give it to my mom
third case:steal his pot and take the chute
fourth case:steal his money and all things proving he is who he is and thus steal his identity after a steal the chute so teknekly we both get out alive.
fourth case:"and if you wil all look out to your right you will see the ground coming at you just before you all experience a fireY and painful death,i know at these prices who would have thought.well i will be leaving with the chute now so by all"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:16 am
Calypsophia
meleny7
zphal_girl87

Why?

in a case like this the choice is ours. we have to decide if we rather live or if we want the other person to live. I dont know these people. and i have a right to save myself. but for family members is a different story. although my mom wouldn't let me give it to her, i would still put it on her and throw her out.  

Anabethe

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:42 pm
meleny7
Calypsophia
meleny7
zphal_girl87

Why?

in a case like this the choice is ours. we have to decide if we rather live or if we want the other person to live. I dont know these people. and i have a right to save myself. but for family members is a different story. although my mom wouldn't let me give it to her, i would still put it on her and throw her out.

true, in this case one would need to choose, but the word 'deserve' is a bit harsh. I mean, in none of these cases would any of them "deserve" death anymore than you would. in the same light, you wouldnt "deserve" to live anymore than they would. I'm just being picky with the wording. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:13 pm
Calypsophia
meleny7
Calypsophia
meleny7
zphal_girl87

Why?

true, in this case one would need to choose, but the word 'deserve' is a bit harsh. I mean, in none of these cases would any of them "deserve" death anymore than you would. in the same light, you wouldnt "deserve" to live anymore than they would. I'm just being picky with the wording. smile

lol its ok i understand. if the question was, if a killer was on the helicopter than i could use the word deserve^_^  

Anabethe

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:27 pm
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
Well he is the president... But I'll take it if possible.

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself?
Mother, she has a better chance in this place, she has an Education and... education...

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
Hippie, OI! They're a dieing breed...

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself?
Forget him, a buisness man...

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself?
No one likes tourists...
This reminds me of a joke...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 am
I would give the parachute to Bush. Regardless of my opinion of him, he is more important to the country than I am.

My mother would probably insist that I take it, whether I wanted to or not.

In the case of the other three, I would take it. Survival of the Fittest.  

Kachan36

Enciser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:02 am
Jump from bush, hippie and tourists give the parachute to my mum (though shed probably insist i took it heart ) I'd steal the business mans wallet and then jump  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:37 pm
In each case I would probably give them the parachute, simply because If I lived and they died I could not live with the guilt. (i have a strong conscience) In an idyllic situation, though, we could always share the parachute....

Here's a joke
There are 5 people in the aircraft that is going down and only 4 parachutes. The people are a little boy, a grandfather, a secret agent, George Bush, and a mother of 5. The mother of 5 says 'I need the parachute because my children will die without me. ' She grabs a pack and jumps. the secret agent says 'i have information that may stop another 9/11 attack' and grabs a pack and jumps. George bush knows there is no reason why he should live so he just grabs a pack and jumps. The grandfather sighs and says to the little boy 'son, I've had a long life and yours is just beginning so I guess you'd better take the last chute...'
'don't worry, old man,' says the boy, 'George bush didn't take a parachute, he took my backpack instead!' blaugh  

falling_to_fly

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:51 pm
For all of them besides my mom I would take it. If it was my mom we'd probably both die after arguing over who would get the parachute...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:02 am
In all of these situations I would feel its right to give the parachute to the other person.

Why? Because I am ok if I die. I don't mean I'm suicidal or anything. I just value other peoples lives more than my own because I am secure with whats gonna happen after I die.

In the case of my mom I would put the parachute on her and throw her out because I would rather my mom lived. I don't really have a good reason other that I feel that it would morally be right.  

Card_King1

Fancy Forcystus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:29 pm
So you and George W. Bush are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? Mine.

So you and your mom are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to her or take it for yourself? I would try to give it to her but she would refuse it, so I'd have to shove it on her and then push her out to safety.

So you and this hippie are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? Depends, not all hippies are the same. I'd probably give it to them though.

So you and successful businessman are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to him or take it for yourself? Depends on what he's working toward. If it's something bad then the 'chute is mine. If not then he can have it.

So you and a group of tourists are in a Helicopter. It's gonna crash and there's only one parachute. Do you give the parachute to one of them or take it for yourself? I'd give it away.

Why? I don't view myself as really able to contribute to society. I'd want someone who can make a difference to live, I'd make 'em swear to work towards something good before handing over the 'chute though. Even though they'd probably lie just to live.....

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff