1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 pm
Calypsophia
Missy-Child
Calypsophia
phynixblack
heh, calypsophia is right on the money, us guys are all to darn kid like until we hit about 30. I got lucky, my growing up had to happen in the span of days, I lost my childhood yeah but I know so much that I am glad to know. I am 17 with two younger brothers, 13 and 9, our father is trying like hell, he really is. But ends wont meet, he pulls in great money and the debt on our family is still horrible, our mother was a bad woman, she decided to stay around long enough to put dad into absolutely terrible debt, then ran off with the next guy she met in a bar, I think he knows the debt will truly outlive him. We are truly at the point were I give up my meals to help properly feed the two youngest.

being as it is, he cant be a proper father. I had to learn that role at 13 within a period of three days. I have helped Father my brothers for the past four years and been forced to do alot. I am now trying to run my own business out of home to help the family. My situation was forced maturity, I still have horrible faults that actually seem out of place in my demeanor.

so unless you want a guy like myself (4 years of emotional baggage) you wont be finding much more than a two to 7 month relationship. We are kids, We should learn about love, not force ourselves to experience it. You appear to be very attractive, go find a decent guy and see if it goes anywere. let your heart hop about 'within reason' and the best things will come to you. trust me.

excelent advice my friend! good to see you in another thread. your honesty is refreshing! I might add, tho you had to give up your childhood too early, you've turned out wonderfully for it. I see you as someone who's had hard times and rather than wallowed in self-pity as most people would, you've learned from it. very wise for your years.

and I'm sorry to hear your mother skipped out on you tho. she's robbed herself of the opportunity to be proud and see how well you've come along. her loss!

First, I'd like to thank Phynixblack. It's not often I get a compliment of being pretty. =)
I'm sorry about your mum, that's gotta be hard to deal with. But as Calypsophia said, it's her loss that she couldn't see what her son grew into.
As for decent guys, there aren't many around here. o.e;
And the few whom I know are wonderful, are some of my very bestfriends and I couldn't possibly think about even going out on a date with them. From experience, I know once most relationships end, the two don't want much to do with each other. I always tried to stay in contact with some of them (The ones who merely cheated, and didn't do anything so utterly bad... not saying cheating isn't bad.), although it failed. And I'd rather not loose my friendship with some of these people over a romantic relationship not working out. o.e;

yeah.. it's a big risk to bring a close friendship up to the level of a romantic one. if it doesnt work out, you'll usually find that not only have you lost your lover, but the friend you used to have as well. too much gets in the way for it to go back to how it was.

Yuuup. =) I cheerish their friendship a bit to much to blow it off on going on a date or whatnot, only for it to turn out bad and never talking to them again. ._.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:17 pm
Most high school guys will be like that....You just gotta live through and make sure you really do know them before you start to going out with them. This way you know what to expect and won't be too surprise. Try not to be in a relationship because everyone else seems to be happy with the couple life. Wait until you really think that you know, the guy isn't like that. You know what you like about him and what you don't like about him, where you two stand, and the respect between you to. It may be hard to find one like that, but I'm pretty it would be worth it....  

CrimsonxXxSolace

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:36 am
lilipepper
Most high school guys will be like that....You just gotta live through and make sure you really do know them before you start to going out with them. This way you know what to expect and won't be too surprise. Try not to be in a relationship because everyone else seems to be happy with the couple life. Wait until you really think that you know, the guy isn't like that. You know what you like about him and what you don't like about him, where you two stand, and the respect between you to. It may be hard to find one like that, but I'm pretty it would be worth it....

I'm not going into relationships fast because all my friends have boyfriends and whatnot. I'm not even in highschool anymore because it all pissed me off enough I'm just going for my GED. HA- most the people I know aren't even in a serious relationship, it's a sexual one even though they refuse to admit it. I know this because they're constantly switching boyfriends for a new, hotter one and crap.
If I wanted a relationship just because other people had one, I could easily go out and find someone to start dating within ten minutes. XD That's how sad it is around here. I'm not one of those girls who is like OMG I NEED A BOYFRIEND NOW! and whatnot. I do like relationships, it makes me feel a bit more safe and secure, knowing I have a special bond with someone who no one else is supposed to have with him. I do give it time, alot, actually. Like The *Dustin person, I knew him my entire life, him being my neighbors friend and all... He just chose not to show me the side of his drugginess. And he's one of those people where the next day after getting messed up, he's perfectly fine, so its hard to tell when he did stuff and when he didn't.

But thank you, I appreciate the advice. =)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:06 pm
hey don't sweat it. some guys are nice and some are just the kind that act nice but don't show their true side to you. it's just based on maturity.  

The Coffee Destroyer

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:25 pm
The Coffee Destroyer
hey don't sweat it. some guys are nice and some are just the kind that act nice but don't show their true side to you. it's just based on maturity.

And I just happen to meet all the idiots. ._.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:18 pm
All guys aren't like that. I'm sorry to say thou with today's society a lot are.
Me I'm a pretty good guy don't drink, don't do drugs, ok grades, don't want sex till married but I am a bit of a perv (oh I'm taken).
I'm sorry to say you've got the problems that evryone has that wants a good lasting relationship. I wish you luck and hope that someone nice will come along thatyou can be friends with, and eventualy into a nice relationship.  

BluePod

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:17 pm
BluePod
All guys aren't like that. I'm sorry to say thou with today's society a lot are.
Me I'm a pretty good guy don't drink, don't do drugs, ok grades, don't want sex till married but I am a bit of a perv (oh I'm taken).
I'm sorry to say you've got the problems that evryone has that wants a good lasting relationship. I wish you luck and hope that someone nice will come along thatyou can be friends with, and eventualy into a nice relationship.

LOL!
Darling, it's human nature for us to be perverted.
XD
I know am I, even if I don't want/like sex.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:15 pm
In my case sex is a important part of relationship, a bad or no connection in the bed can lead to an unavoidable break. but still since you dont want to and yeah you have been very unlucky, I recomend you to date someone instead of being friends first, guys are idiots when it comes to relationships, at least during the first 30+ years of their life, am younger but deception leads to faster grown up ^^;  

Phoenix Trion

daggblu4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:24 pm
first, good to see the usual people: caly and phoenixblack =D.
well, actually, nowadays, both males and females are responsible for ********, pardon me. back then, men are more prone to be opportunists and pervs. modern days allot women to be freer, therefore, tend to veer into base actions, also. in other words, due to our modern times, women are also capable of being heartbreakers and scumbags. i agree, though, that it's almost usually the men that lose interest once they either don't get what they want or have gotten what they want. it's for this reason (one of many) that i'm not a frequent 'frolicker' .. xd like a lot of females. i'm not saying i'm innocent, but i've def. made smart judgments and choices. i'm 25 and have had 2 long term relationships. my first at 15..pretty young and innocent and new redface ..first love- faltered coz he was a d**k. huge temper and already had vestiges of abusiveness ( he actually later abused one of his girlfriends). cheated on me twice and i spiraled into clinical depression at the age of 16. although we officially weren't together, there was a time when we messed around ( and i look back at it and still consider 17-18 promiscuousity, even when inlove, too young for my taste). i dated here and there; none lasting more than 2 months. and only coz i was interested in getting to know them- not coz i'd feel bad for turning them down, or to impress others, etc..never more than it's my choosing. i would never force myself to stick around if i sense something slightly deplorable just coz they're appealing or other nurturing reasons. finally, my 2nd love, who happen to be my first love's ex-bestfriend. they lost their closeness due to other reasons, not coz we began dating eek . he actually gave him his blessing when he told him about his feelings for me. we lasted 5.3 years and we're currently working things out and he's BEST and he's my #1 gaia friend razz (he actually got gaia coz of me even if he's not into this). like you, i'm against drugs, never done them. but i do smoke cigarettes, although not heavily and i social drink (for the purpose of NOT getting ******** up). even though i look down on drug vices, i try not to get that in the way of me knowing a person for themselves. you seem like a responsible girl (i.e. anti-vice, and you purposely stayed to help clean up a party), glad to hear it. more so, you're not following the slutty footsteps of others- keep that up and you won't regret it. like i said, i'm def. not innocent and i, of course, enjoy sexual passion- just so as long as i share it w/ someone i trust, respect and get respected, and love. in that case...my 2 loves. and i'm 25. not hear to pass judgments, but i've heard of 18 year olds (girls) go through more than a handful ALREADY. it's refreshing to hear your side of beliefs for almost any one i come across is totally 'open' w/ being promiscuous. unabashedly and w/out regard.careless and irresponsible. you'll go out and date (carefully, of course) and don't let dicks affect your outlook in life negatively. like phynix, turn it around and make it a lesson. by allowing yourself to, i guess, look around and test waters, you'll start getting the idea of your preference and start knowing yourself, too. it's ok to date around and yes you'll come across dumb guys, but as long as you choose smartly, then you'll be fine. and during the time when something does falter, be strong about it and just deal. it's your life and your body and your choices..like if you decide to do something you feel is not so smart, who cares. you might enjoy it and not regret it; you might decide to just go ahead w/ it and live through it and realize how wrong it was- either way, it's up to you how to face it when time comes a-calling, shall we say. in other words, whatever you choose to do, you'll be responsible enough to deal w/ the consequences. i.e. meeting guys online. don't worry, i've done things completely uncharacteristic of me and sometimes i look back at them and cringe and pretend to forget. to say i don't regret them would be lying. but i can't say i regret them, either. it's a matter of how you deal w/ it when the time comes. WHEW! sweatdrop long entry here!! domokun what i'm trying to say is, do what you think is best for you and don't let anybody tell you differently. sometimes things will happen the way you don't want it. you'll meet different people in uncalled circumstance..and that's ok coz life would be boring if it becomes utterly predictable. you might end up w/ someone you didn't ask for. life's just like that. don't worry about meeting the right guy. for now, just have fun w/ getting to know dif. people. i mean, have some self-preservations, of course, coz a lot of guys will treat you the way you appear you want to be treated (unless you choose to be a bonified slut who actually enjoys men at her own terms, which i actually can respect coz it's just her way of enjoying life..and i find myself not faulting these 'respectable sluts' for playing their own game while being cognizant of repercussions). well, enjoy, but be smart about it ! 3nodding
hey guys thanks for bearing w/ me rolleyes redface  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 am
I'm sorry to hear that.I hate assholes like that.They act all superman and say they can quit bad habits when ever they want.then they lie and hurt the girl and really piss me off from that.  

lovestruck150

daggblu4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:11 am
being a good influence on someone is always, always a plus. his health would be better off w/ out drugs. drinking to a minimum is ok. anything in excess is not such a good idea 3nodding . but, remember, he needs to do this on his own accord. i must want to quit his vices for himself, especially. otherwise, he'll just fall back. although, having a support system like yourself would help. if you motivate him enough then it might work. depending how you feel about this kid, maybe you should take a step back and not get involved w/him until the time is right?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:25 am
Phoenix Trion
In my case sex is a important part of relationship, a bad or no connection in the bed can lead to an unavoidable break. but still since you dont want to and yeah you have been very unlucky, I recomend you to date someone instead of being friends first, guys are idiots when it comes to relationships, at least during the first 30+ years of their life, am younger but deception leads to faster grown up ^^;

I have had a sexual relationship with people before, but there is a -strong- reason behind why I don't want it. Of course, I'm not going to go into detail with it all because it's rather embarrassing and I doubt people want the bloody details of a bad disaster. Most guys I know, do know this reason and for the first while that we're together they don't try to push me into it becuase I'm literally like, terrified, to go back to being sexual, but later on they get annoyed and want sex. I never understood why we couldn't just fool around instead of it HAVING to go to sex no matter what.
>.<

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Darling Depressant

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:37 am
Daggblu4 -- Thank you for the advise, I shall think of it later on in the future when I'm ready to start dating again. =0 And, I've been stepping back and letting him do as he pleases.. I'm not his girlfriend anymore, I haven't the right to get involved. But he calls me every once in awhile to let me know how he's doing, because he -wants- to stop so he can prove he really loves me, but he doesnt wanna stop because he knows if he does then all of his 'friends' wont want anything to do with him anymore.

Lovestuck150 -- Yeah. >> I was speaking to the man of this whole problem yesterday, because he's coming home to visit soon and he wanted to take me out on some dates to make it up to me. I've been talking to him alot recently, and he's been doing alot better (Or from what he's told me), but then he asked me if I would get mad if he went with some of his 'homies' and got drunk when he came to visit. Which blew my mind because it defeats the purpose of him leaving for PA to clean up and stuff. So, now he wants to spend the entire time with me and my neighbor to keep his mind off of it since he's still someone getting off of drugs and drinking. Which is fine with me if he stays here, but I've already decided if he starts to do anything bad in my house I'mma let my daddy kick him out... Or just call the police for doing something illegal if it gets to extreme like it did the last time he was at my house when he nearly hit me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm
I may not be know what you all are going though, but if you read my journal... Let's just say I feel for you. All of you.

Side note: Can someone please read my journal? I have my story of the conflict I am currenlty going through on it, and I could really use some advice...  

.Sorrowful.Bookworm.

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces