Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Vampires. Do you believe in the beings of night? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
I believe in the vampires you described that are what I would call 'half-vampire' (not mortally wounded by light, not affected by holy objects, not pale, no big fangs). The Stereotyped vampires (that are wounded by sunlight and have fangs and such) are what I would call 'full-vampires'.
I also believe in the Psy-Vampires. I think that the way they feed so uninvasively is cool.
Ah so you believe Vampires are as they are in Bram Stoker's Dracula?
And yes All a Psychic Vampire needs to do is make physical contact such as a hand on a shoulder or a hug, also a psychic Vampire if he keeps returning to a singular victem after awhile he could feed on that person from across a room by using an Astral Tendril.

Yes, yes. That'd be about right for a full-vampire example. The half-vampire example I would pick would be Jericho Cross from the PS2 videogame Darkwatch (even though he's a little more than half-vampire; he had fangs but wasn't pale and wasn't severely affected by holy objects/intense light).
Haha. Cool, that's neat how it takes so little for a Psy-vampire to feed... ninja It's just cool.
So, do you think you've ever met a vampire? half breed or otherwise?
Psychic Vampires aren't all that interesting and I know a great deal about them so if you have any sort of question feel free to ask.

Not one-hundred percent sure, but I think I may have met a half-vampire before... But it was a while ago so I don't know for sure.
Nah, no real questions for ya, I just think the concept is neat.
Ah, If you count talking online as meeting then you've just met a psychic Vampire...I still don't see the intrest in Psychic vampires but since we are in a technical aspect vampire for feeding off an energy source as the sanguarian vampires do...Personally I just think Pyschic vampires are just slightly unique humans.

Cool. Slightly unique human or not, that's still pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:50 pm
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~
Abrien Sliver
~Kamironin-Kaldazar~

Yes, yes. That'd be about right for a full-vampire example. The half-vampire example I would pick would be Jericho Cross from the PS2 videogame Darkwatch (even though he's a little more than half-vampire; he had fangs but wasn't pale and wasn't severely affected by holy objects/intense light).
Haha. Cool, that's neat how it takes so little for a Psy-vampire to feed... ninja It's just cool.
So, do you think you've ever met a vampire? half breed or otherwise?
Psychic Vampires aren't all that interesting and I know a great deal about them so if you have any sort of question feel free to ask.

Not one-hundred percent sure, but I think I may have met a half-vampire before... But it was a while ago so I don't know for sure.
Nah, no real questions for ya, I just think the concept is neat.
Ah, If you count talking online as meeting then you've just met a psychic Vampire...I still don't see the intrest in Psychic vampires but since we are in a technical aspect vampire for feeding off an energy source as the sanguarian vampires do...Personally I just think Pyschic vampires are just slightly unique humans.

Cool. Slightly unique human or not, that's still pretty cool.
We're alot more uncommon than I figured....At least in Texas...I've only met a Sanguarian  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:18 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
I don't believe in vampires per se but there is a disease very similar to vamprism known as poryphic hemophilia which causes a need for nutrients provided by the consumption of blood and they tend to be on the healthy side with constantly deteriorating well being without a decent supply of nutrients found in blood(Iron and such) so vampires not so much people afflicted with a disease making them similar to vampires yes.

there is also a werewolf disease. Lycanthropy.

ppl with it have exessive bodyhair, all over. also, they get these sorts of full-body muscle spasms, which hurt alot, so they tend to "howl" in pain.

for this reason they used to be thought of as wolf people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:25 pm
azrael the reaper
Nerevar Fatehand
I don't believe in vampires per se but there is a disease very similar to vamprism known as poryphic hemophilia which causes a need for nutrients provided by the consumption of blood and they tend to be on the healthy side with constantly deteriorating well being without a decent supply of nutrients found in blood(Iron and such) so vampires not so much people afflicted with a disease making them similar to vampires yes.

there is also a werewolf disease. Lycanthropy.

ppl with it have exessive bodyhair, all over. also, they get these sorts of full-body muscle spasms, which hurt alot, so they tend to "howl" in pain.

for this reason they used to be thought of as wolf people.
I think I have an acute case of that...Polyphia is what it's called, Thank fully Mine is acute, I only grow hair on the back of my Neck and it runs down my back, i can buzz it off easily with the hair trimmer thingy so I can look normal, pity for people who have a full blown case of it..  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dasherfay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 pm
I believe in vampires, though I don't think of them in as many ways as you do
To me an average vampire is much stronger and faster than any human
They have fangs that grow slightly when they pierce the flesh of their prey
Their nails can easily come to a point to dig into flesh or some other material

Although this is what comes to mind
I'm aware that there are many other traits of a vampire
Such as not liking sunlight
In my opinion, I don't think vampires are truly harmed by sunlight
They just don't like it and it may somewhat blind them
And people say a stake through the heart will kill a vampire
Well wouldn't that kill anyone!!

I've heard vampires can change into either a wolf or a bat
I'm still thinking that through

But something I do believe is that humans are not turned just by a bite
They must somehow taste a vampires blood ((Not necessarily the one that bit them))
Although where I found this it also said that the human is bound to the vampire whose blood they tasted
And I don't believe that because I would say a turned human would want to kill all vampires

Although this is just what I've come to learn and what I can remember
And it is my own opinion and what I believe of vampires

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm
RayRai_Lover

They must somehow taste a vampires blood ((Not necessarily the one that bit them))
Although where I found this it also said that the human is bound to the vampire whose blood they tasted
And I don't believe that because I would say a turned human would want to kill all vampires

The Vampire you think of is the one formed through books and movies. And as for the bat thing, Traditional vampires can become a wolf, a bat or a cloud of mist.  

Abrien Sliver

Generous Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

The_Green_Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 pm
Abrien Sliver
RayRai_Lover

The Vampire you think of is the one formed through books and movies. And as for the bat thing, Traditional vampires can become a wolf, a bat or a cloud of mist.

Where did you hear about the wolf thing? I personally will never be able to view them outside of how Anne Rice describes them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:05 pm
To be completely and totally honest, I do believe in the type of vampire that is dependent upon blood and has slight sensitivity to light. I do honestly believe in that.

Kala-El

Dasherfay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:20 pm
I don't entirely believe in vampires from movies and such
I find most of those kind a disgrace to vampires
So your wrong there

I learn't most of what I know from hours of studying and figuring what may and may not be true
And I'm sorry
I meant to put the mist thing in there too
Like I said, its just what I could remember off the top of my head

And I'm not sure where I heard about the wolf thing
I did all my studying about a year or so ago
So there was a lot of sites I went to
And quite a few books I read

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 pm
Honestly, i believe in both Vamps and Were's. I've studied up on Lycanthropy and some of the 'Vampire Disease.' But i was wondering if you had read the book V3: Vampire Viginette's ReVamped? its by G.L. Giles. I met her in person which her uncle had the light sensitivity, Also her jaw structure is like that of the stereotyped Vampire. Odd thing is she was born like that and she too has the light sensitivity.

Anyway, I believe in them, even the Hollywood ones. Cause remember: things evolve(spelling?) over time. And they were once concidered a myth. Even the Dracul's back in the super old days. Vlad Dracul 1-3 all were conciderd Vampires.

Ohne_Dich777

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 pm
I wish I could believe in vampires. That would make the world even more interesting. Sadly, I cannot, at least not without evidence. sad Bring me a vampire and I'd be positively giddy to accept it.

Then again, as Douglas Adams said:

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful
without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 am
i was thinking,you had a set of 2 lab rats, and you fed one of them both only the blood of rats. Then, they breed, and you only feed their ofspring the blood of rats, and so on until the 6th generation. then you put one of the blood fed rats in with a normal rat. My guess is that The special one will have developed a special taste for blood, and it might attack the other rat to drink its blood.

its a morbid theory, i know, and i though it up while watching Vampire Knight.  

TheAverageBear

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

fire axel 08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 pm
Nerevar Fatehand

well there is the roumer that vamps were also diabetics.
(if you havent heard this read sweet blood)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm
okay i am not claiming to know much about vampires ( all my knowledge comes from elder scroll 4, internet forems and telivision) but mathmaticly they do not make sense because assuming they existed since 1600 and they had to feed aleast once every month and infect someone else and the infected bite's people 400 years later almost everyone would be a vampire or at least it would be obivous that they exist. at least thats what i think.  

disliker of the mary sue

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 pm
I don't believe in vampires in that sense, I'd probably would have met one with my night-activity. Sure there are something you can call vampires: Drug addicted "friends" they drain your energy and money.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff