Reply "FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures
Japanese Club! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FluteConcerto23

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:24 am
I have been taking Japanese for nine years (6 years elementary, three years middle) and I still can't speak fluently!!! scream  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:39 pm
I'm really trying to learn Japanese, but it's failing miserably. I have to teach myself and it's really difficult. I have a book that's supposed to teach me, but it's not quite working well. Mostly I learn from being obsessed with J-pop, etc, especially Utada Hikaru. I have 2 notebooks full of lyrics and translations. =D

So I'd really appreciate comments if I ever attempt to say something and I mess it up in any way. I know if I can't even learn Romaji right, it'll be so hard to learn Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana. xD

But I have absolutely fallen in love with Japan's culture and language, and my obsessive personality brings it out even more. So...

Konnichi wa! Alisyn desu. ^.^  

LadyAlisyn

snuffpot

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:13 am
Utada Hikaru ga daisuki~ Juusai no toki kara zutto suki datta yo. 'L'arc~en~Ciel' to 'Tokyo Jihen' to iu guruupu mo daisuki da.

I'm doing my last year of japanese at school right now... I skipped a year, and already knew most of the grammar patterns we learned this year... And that's all from anime/manga/dramas/music xd

I'm lazy, though, so I don't do much homework...

My sister dropped japanese in high school, but now she's gotten the passion and moved there, and is fluent now...

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about japanese... There's always stuff I don't know, but, I've got a really good word processor, so ask away.

And I suggest, when listening to music and stuff, if you have a general grasp of sentences... Well, beginning I'd suggest Utada Hikaru's Boku wa Kuma, since it's written for kids... So it's pretty simple to understand. Of course, you should have an easy way of looking up anything you want to know...

It's a bit harder with grammar, since you need the text books and stuff for that... and a teacher helps a LOT. I guess make as many japanese friends as possible, and try talking to them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:18 am
Oh, I forgot to add, if you want advice or to ask a question, just PM me.

Random little lesson:
Sayounara (drawn out 'o' sound) is polite, while sayonara (same stress on every syllable) is casual.

A lot of words have this sort of thing, I guess it's like saying cannot and can't.

Same with minasan and minna. They both mean 'everyone', but it's very casual to use minna when talking to the 'everyone' concerned. So use minasan for speeches and so on.

Ja, sayonara, minna~ (Ja means 'well'... as in, 'well, I have to go now'...)  

snuffpot

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Renos_Lackey

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:37 pm
I'm a seond yer at my high school i'm going to be a third next. I can speak some things fluidly but not everything. I can give directions kinda fluidly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:56 am
snuffpot
Oh, I forgot to add, if you want advice or to ask a question, just PM me.

Random little lesson:
Sayounara (drawn out 'o' sound) is polite, while sayonara (same stress on every syllable) is casual.

A lot of words have this sort of thing, I guess it's like saying cannot and can't.

Same with minasan and minna. They both mean 'everyone', but it's very casual to use minna when talking to the 'everyone' concerned. So use minasan for speeches and so on.

Ja, sayonara, minna~ (Ja means 'well'... as in, 'well, I have to go now'...)

I was told that using "Ja" as in "Ja ne!" was more of a term used by boys, and "Matta ne" would be one used by girls (or by anyone in genral).

Also, can any one direct me to a dictionary that translates "Konichiwa" as "Good Afternoon"? My translation is basicly "Konichiwa" as a basic greeting said through out morning and afternoon.

For ya all's information, my knowledge of Japanese is basied on self teaching, because appaently the only launguage that our area thinks we should have is Punjab and Spanish stare I blame the Republicans rofl

Apple Blossom19

Eloquent Exhibitionist

snipers code

3,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:08 pm
translate this if you can he he heart

Konnichi wa ningen (no), watashi (ga, wa) kurayami shi. Ima sore (ga, wa, o, ni) jikan no tame ni anata e/ni kieru! twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:11 pm
Banryu Helix
Ohayou Gosaimasu

Hajimemashite!!!

o genki desu ka

watashi wa Banryu Helix

Konichi wa Banryu-kun!

Genki desu. Anata wa?

Watashi wa Namae no sawa. Hajimemasu.

O, Banryu-kun Ichigo ga suki desu ka? (Banryu Do you like strawberry?)

----------
Hi, I'm sawa. Would love to ,help people /learn form people, About Japan and The language. I can teach basic and Would love to speak with some one.  

sawa1sy

Diamond Rabbit

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200

inu-shippo10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:57 pm
I've taken three years of Jap at my HS and am moving to fourth year=3 sucks since im gonna be the only fourth year, but whatever i like learning the language... i think ive gotten a pretty good grasp of what ive learned but i cant remember soem of the words or grammer patterns ><

my fave sentence xD sensei gave it to us for grammer practices

とうきょへ赤ちゃんをたべに行きます =3 not really xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:17 am
何,どこ どこ、 みんな立ち?  

sawa1sy

Diamond Rabbit

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200

abunai kawaii aiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 am
はじめまして!愛やです! 四年ぐらい日本語をべんきょしました! 日本語が大好きです!よろしくおねがいします!  
snipers code generated a random number between 1 and 400 ... 236!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 pm
i fell left out and ur lucky number is!  

snipers code

3,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

--CaptainKawaiiDesu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 pm
Still learning Japanese right now.

ogenki desu ka?

tuka re ta

Watashi no namae wa JeNi desu.

4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:56 pm
Konnichi wa! Hajimemashite. Watashi no namae Buwie desu.

Very formal I know but thats what my history teacher taught me when introducing for the first time. sweatdrop Plus I don't like insulting people.

I was originally learning japanese from my history teacher but she gets restless if she stays in one place to long so she moved crying . Now I have to learn on my own which is going ok. It's the kanji, hiragana, and katakana I'm going to have trouble with but I'm determined to learn.

I wish my highschool offered Japanese but unfortunately it only offers Spanish, French, and German. Though I thought about talking with the president of my schools anim club and seeing if we can't incorporate a little Japanese language session in there.

~Buwie  

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

Gingeria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:05 pm
I'm trying to learn it because i am going to Japan in August.  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff