Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Religious Tolerance: Your views Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your tolerance level?
  Anyone who does not believe in my religion is going to hell. Convert!
  I hold some predjdice agianst those not of my faith, but I don't act on it.
  All people are good, just misguided.
  To each thier own
  We are all people and that's what should be most important in the day-to-day dealings with others
  I believe in my religion and have read up on other faiths to better undersstand the people who follow them
  GOLD!
View Results

FREAKAman01

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 pm
I tolerate people telling me I have to convert to their religion, I just don't
convert.But I will as a Christian spread my faith.

And not believing in or being against someone else's religion does not
make me prejudice against that person.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:54 pm
For all Skeptical Christians!:

In the Bible, it does say that God is "The God of all Gods" and "The Lord of all Lords." So, if you're one to not believe in Goddesses and such, take a better look at that beloved book.

Ink_Weaver_Heart

FREAKAman01

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:55 pm
Ink_Weaver_Heart
For all Skeptical Christians!:

In the Bible, it does say that God is "The God of all Gods" and "The Lord of all Lords." So, if you're one to not believe in Goddesses and such, take a better look at that beloved book.

It's talking about false gods and false lords because
the Bible says there is only one true God  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:43 pm
I don't actually have my own religion. I was raised catholic and I believed in it for such a long time. Then I became a bit uncertain, doubting quite a lot and I was even fully against it for a period.
Now, I like to think that I can respect all religions. I would love to learn about as many other religions as I can and I fully intend to study religion further. I would like to understand what other people believe in and why they believe in it.
I don't believe that there is such thing as a 'one true religion'. Anything could turn out to be true, all religions could end up having at least some truth to them.
EDIT: On the subject of conversion... I don't think that anybody should ever attempt to force their beliefs on anybody else. But people do anyway. I'd like to sit and talk to someone who wanted to convert me just to see what they had to say.

R e i t Fox

Jaenne

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:06 pm
My grandfather was from the Ozarks and had no more than a second-grade education. He taught me more about faith and love of your fellow man than any church has ever taught me. For being raised in a strict, intolerant family, he studied independently and ended up with a very Zen attitude about life. That is the greatest gift he ever passed on to me.

I will not say what religion I was raised in, but I will say I am a non-secular humanist now. Love can conquer all.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:08 pm
Hey, go to my MySpace page at: www.myspace.com/jaenneb and see the Emo Philips clip. This was voted to be the very best religious joke ever written. It is very funny without insulting anyone.  

Jaenne

x-RainKissed-X

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 am
Many times the faith gets distorted with peoples own ideas and their ' versions' of how scripture is to be interpreted.

I was taught to love, forgive, and accept others. Sometimes it's hard ( because I'll be honest we're all human) but it's what I try to live by. I personally feel these are good ideals to live by, for anyone.

I think I'm tolerant, or I try to be. I figure, how do I expect for anyone to take me seriously about my faith and treat me with respect If I won't show it to them as well?

The only thing I find hard to be tolerant against is cruelty and just plain evil acts. I would not like to be judgmental ( and no offense to anyone if they do take part in these events- it's just honestly how I feel)

But I have heard of people who picket sign funerals and Gay people saying,
" God hates ( Gays/ect...)"
To me that is highly cruel and offensive. D: God doesn't hate anyone.
I know it is just how they view it but how can anyone expect people to find Gods love for them if they preach hate?
Jesus didn't walk around with picket signs saying " God hates you" D:

I kind of got off topic but you get what I was aiming for >_< I just don't like it when people are mean like that.

But back to topic
I think other religions are quite interesting :3
I think if we can better understand what each person believes, we can share our own ideas better ^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:07 pm
I was born in to a methodist church family, goin to church every week, singing hymns, reading the bible. But i soon found myself asking why i was doin all this, i didn't belive any of it.

At the age of 14 i converted religion, and ever since i've been wiccan. I belive what i want, i praise who i want. The whole experiance of searching for a belief has open my eyes to all religions.

none of my friends belive the same thing, but we all share the belife, all to thier own. No one should interfere with ur own beliefs, No one has the right to dictate to others about what to belive. If thier is some higher being do u really think they want us to be dictatorial.  

black_ravens_blood

4,550 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200

A Fluorescent Adolescent

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:42 pm
I'm an atheist in a primarily Christian community, and I am proud to follow the laws of science. I'm happy with letting people believe in whatever they want, but (for some reason) fundamentalists exist and those are the people I hate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm
I find religion an annoyance because it does not have any proof that any religion exist...  

last angel served

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:05 pm
RSD hollow
I find religion an annoyance because it does not have any proof that any religion exist...

Precisely. There may be some people of religion who are not fundamentalist and wouldn't do anything insane in the name of their religion, but religion is very often a tool for leaders to manipulate people and an excuse for hatred and violence. A huge problem with religion is that it teaches people to do something completely illogical; that is, believe in something with absolutely NO evidence. A person who will be believe in something without any evidence is someone who will most likely never have their mind changed, and thus they will go throughout their life with their head in a box, never hearing or seeing anything new, anything that doesn't fit into their neat little religious closed box of a mind. Unlike science, the ideas of religion are fixed and unchanging, meaning they can't be expanded or contracted to fit an ever-developing world and the new information and ideas that are developed over time.

I tolerate religion to the extent that it doesn't cause harm to anyone else, be that through extremism or through forcing your religion on others via politics. However, I'll not deny that I have great disdain for it and I refuse to be silent about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:49 pm
People who say you would burn in hell for not joining a religion are very stupid. I think it's very sad how the religion gets flamed when it just the people who give it a bad name are the culprits here. People are corrupted, not the religion I feel. Even Ghandi says "I believe your religion, but I do not believe in your people".  

Ephemeral_Dream

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

xXFurygeistXx

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:18 pm
I'm quite tolerant...when I'm not having the opposing religion shoving their beliefs down my throat, threatening a fiery and painful afterlife for my nonconformity, or saying I should die and/or be burned at the stake for being different...I find religion fascinating. I believe in all and put faith in none. It's better to just back up and agree to disagree...I'm just not a fan of the zealots who wish me ill (I'd like to see someone who was)...Have your faith...just have it with a side of intelligence and tolerance, for gods sakes... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:31 pm
I don't believe in religious tolerance, I don't really believe in religious anything biggrin

Seriously though: I support acceptance of beliefs.

Ultimately I like to treat people as people first and foremost. A persons beliefs, religion, culture, etc... all shape the person that they are, but ultimately every single one of us is a person deserving of respect. Although I do admit I find it easier to respect some people than others.

I have an obligation to convert people, to their own religions. Meaning one of my sacred tasks is to help people figure out what they believe and where they can feel comfortable spiritually.  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mistress Ciltha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:02 pm
I believe that everyone has every right to believe in what they feel is true, or right. I also believe that the people who tell you you're going to hell if you're not their religion need to rethink their motives for being part of that religion. Now, if someone is running around killing people because it is part of their religion, now obviously that is not okay. But you cannot tell me that all the budhists in the world are going to hell because they aren't christian. (just an example that comment is not named at any specific party) So, yah, believe in what you feel is right, not what other people are telling you is true.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff