Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Series that fail. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poor Tenchi

Steadfast Survivor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:56 pm
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Everything just angers me. Most of the fourth-gen Pokemon are ugly, pretty much no female character wants to battle in Gyms, Ash's voice magically got higher, Dawn's a meatball, and Team Rocket just isn't badass anymore.

Tenchi in Tokyo: It's probably weird that someone with a cosplay account would be saying this, but dear Lord did it fail. Sakuya was annoying, the story behind Tenchi's sword was completely changed, the sword itself just looked stupid, and the main villian turned out to be a little girl. The hell was that all about?

One Piece: It copied the manga verbatim. Well, it almost did, except for that "Zolo" nonsense they had going on.

BoBoBovhaasjfkajkfghkg: Nose hair is disturbing enough, but it's even worse when you use it as a weapon. Plus, it just makes no sense. Excel Saga is about where I draw the "lolwut?" line.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Ooh, aah, a card game. DAZZLING! rolleyes

Bakugan: It's just a poor man's Yu-Gi-Oh!, starring cleverly modified versions of characters from other anime.

Inuyasha: It just drags on and on forever. And that means a billion battle scenes where people just scream names. Anybody who's seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show can just yell "Janet!" to make it interesting. Also, Kagome's a moron who has no clue how to shoot an arrow. Seriously, you should have at most three fingers on the string.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:00 am
i have to second the callings of Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, and other similar animes. Mostly because these series NEVER END.

Most of these started off well but then got so entrenched in battles that lead nowhere or long speeches and flashbacks so the huge cast can establish some sort of background. it's pretty much DBZ, where they spend an entire season powering up so they can fight the random bad-guy who loses since he's underestimated the power of friendship/love/inner strength whatever.

in addition to the ridiculous amount of episodes these series consume, the fanbase for them are incredibly annoying and i rarely come across a fan of these that has watched anime other than those released on cartoon network. however they always seem to believe that IY/N/B etc is the 'best show evar' and whatever series you might recommend they watch isn't worth even thinking about because it'll never be as awesome as IY/N/B etc.

this makes me wonder if they don't need new series to watch because the ones they are watching are ridiculously long or if they're just close minded and don't want to step out from their bubble that is all things mainstream.

no offense to cartoon network, but there's a lot better anime that i'd rather be watching. but it seems that japanese companies have finally gotten the clue and have started to released subbed episodes of the new series online for the English speaking fans :3 maybe now we'll get shows that don't drag on for an eternity.

i also realize that for many people their only option is cartoon network. but you can still follow series thru online blogs and obtain shows thru networks of friends and such.  

Ryoruki

shadowthedemoniccat

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:31 pm
Lovely Complex, Sailor Moon, and FLCL. Lovely Complex bored the hell out of me, same with Sailor Moon, and FLCL was just completely random, insane, and perverted. Oh and the Rosario+Vampire anime was scary. I & the manga, but geez, the anime had skirt shots every five seconds...  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:49 pm
Inuyasha: I realized I was only watching it for Sesshomaru and Rin, because they're so cute together. And that was it. I'd liked it at first, but... ehh...

Tokyo Mew Mew: I loved this as a kid, but I've reread it recently and realized what a piece of crap it was. It would've ended better if Masaya had died and she'd eventually ended up with Kish. But.. I can dream...

Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode: I hate Beri. I hated her when I first read it, I hate her now. She's a Mary Sue and an Ichigo-double, and I hate her.

Dragon Ball GT: I loved Dragon Ball Z (though will admit that it's very, very tiring watching Goku die and come back, die and come back, rinse and repeat, die, and come back...) But it jumped the shark with GT.

Bo-bo-bo: No plot. I need a plot.

Bleach: The characters are annoying and the story's never really interested me. I only ever tried it because Quinton Flynn voiced some character...

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The manga is excellent. The anime is fail.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: "Hey, guys. The only reason people are watching this is for the Egyptian mystery and plot. Let's make a spin-off where we've taken out BOTH OF THOSE!"

One Piece: Sadly, because of 4Kids dubbing, I was turned off to the show. I heard some other company bought the rights to it, though, is that true?

Pokemon: Ash, Misty and Brock are all annoying as hell. The episodes are stupid. The games are addictive and wonderful, but the show... just, no.  

GyreGimble

InsaneOddBall

Devoted Pawn

40,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:52 am
GyreGimble

One Piece: Sadly, because of 4Kids dubbing, I was turned off to the show. I heard some other company bought the rights to it, though, is that true?

Yep. FUNimation got the license for One Piece. Right now, they're re-dubing the previous episodes that 4Kids butchered. And they're keeping the original violence. YAY!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:08 pm
Well...I really, really, REALLY. Hate Dragonball GT. It pisses me off and I don't know why.

And Yu-Gi-Oh!GX. FOR GOD'S SAKE. It doesn't even HAVE Yugi! What the hell, man!

(I like Bobobo and InuYasha, though. :< )  

Hana Maehata

OG Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

DracosPrinny

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:45 pm
4Kids: More like '4Shame'. Apparently, these are the people who think that, soon as a kid sees a lighter on TV, they'll want to be a raving pyromaniac. Anything and everything that makes an anime the least bit entertaining is removed or butchered. The result? A happy go lucky tour through Neverland to sissy slap the bad guy until they say sorry.
And nobody bleeds, apparently.
These people underestimate the young mind DRASTICALLY.

Pokemon: I like the games. I hate the anime. Seriously, how many times can Team Rocket put on a hat and mustache, and fool the main characters? For that matter, why are they wasting so much time on Pikachu? For all the time they spent trying to catch it, they could have RAISED another one to be about as powerful. And of course, there's no such thing as a female trainer who wants to challenge the Gym Leaders. Because Ash and Dawn battling it out in the Pokemon League Finals would NOT be interesting in the slightest. Why not get Brock into contests? He could breed pokemon AND attract the women.

Dragon Ball Z and Inuyasha: Reasons already specified.

Now, for the good stuff...
I've been keeping my eye on Blue Dragon. I don't have a 360, so I never got to play the game. Maybe I'm better off, not constantly comparing the two. But it's one of the better animes to come out recently, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:04 pm
Ryoruki
i have to second the callings of Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, and other similar animes. Mostly because these series NEVER END.

Most of these started off well but then got so entrenched in battles that lead nowhere or long speeches and flashbacks so the huge cast can establish some sort of background. it's pretty much DBZ, where they spend an entire season powering up so they can fight the random bad-guy who loses since he's underestimated the power of friendship/love/inner strength whatever.

in addition to the ridiculous amount of episodes these series consume, the fanbase for them are incredibly annoying and i rarely come across a fan of these that has watched anime other than those released on cartoon network. however they always seem to believe that IY/N/B etc is the 'best show evar' and whatever series you might recommend they watch isn't worth even thinking about because it'll never be as awesome as IY/N/B etc.

this makes me wonder if they don't need new series to watch because the ones they are watching are ridiculously long or if they're just close minded and don't want to step out from their bubble that is all things mainstream.

no offense to cartoon network, but there's a lot better anime that i'd rather be watching. but it seems that japanese companies have finally gotten the clue and have started to released subbed episodes of the new series online for the English speaking fans :3 maybe now we'll get shows that don't drag on for an eternity.

i also realize that for many people their only option is cartoon network. but you can still follow series thru online blogs and obtain shows thru networks of friends and such.

that's exactly why I got sick of dbz. xd I think the Buu saga killed my love once and for all.  

youkoonna

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

KatyaChekov

Nine-tailed Trickster

28,825 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Team Player 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm
GyreGimble
Inuyasha: I realized I was only watching it for Sesshomaru and Rin, because they're so cute together. And that was it. I'd liked it at first, but... ehh...

Tokyo Mew Mew: I loved this as a kid, but I've reread it recently and realized what a piece of crap it was. It would've ended better if Masaya had died and she'd eventually ended up with Kish. But.. I can dream...

Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode: I hate Beri. I hated her when I first read it, I hate her now. She's a Mary Sue and an Ichigo-double, and I hate her.

Dragon Ball GT: I loved Dragon Ball Z (though will admit that it's very, very tiring watching Goku die and come back, die and come back, rinse and repeat, die, and come back...) But it jumped the shark with GT.

Bo-bo-bo: No plot. I need a plot.

Bleach: The characters are annoying and the story's never really interested me. I only ever tried it because Quinton Flynn voiced some character...

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The manga is excellent. The anime is fail.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: "Hey, guys. The only reason people are watching this is for the Egyptian mystery and plot. Let's make a spin-off where we've taken out BOTH OF THOSE!"

Pokemon: Ash, Misty and Brock are all annoying as hell. The episodes are stupid. The games are addictive and wonderful, but the show... just, no.

I totally agree with you on both TMM series. 3nodding The only one I disagree with is Bleach, but maybe that's because I've only read the manga. Still, it's ridiculous how quickly Ichigo powers up... *shakes head*

Dragonball Z, because it goes on. And on. And on. The stupid battles NEVER END! evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 pm
The one and only manga I've ever hated in my entire life is Peach Girl. It just annoys the hell out of me. The girls in the story are all stereotypical boy-crazy bimbos and the boys are all idiots and they get cheated on and such. Argggggggh.  

pandaoftheblackflames

DancingCherryBerry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 pm
Fondu-sama
I can't believe I'm going to say this..

Peach Girl:
I mean, c'mon! D: The main person was a complete and utter retard and I can't even contemplate the stupidity of the idiots surrounding.

Inuyasha:
There's too many rabid fans of this show writing fanfics of 'InuKag, SessInu, SangoxMiroku' Gimme a break!! The story is pretty boring.

Turning to the GOOD bits of anime I find hilarious.
Naruto. [[A partial amount of Shippuden. I'm all for serious-buisness.]]
Bobobo. [[Random = Win. Plot or not.]]
Fullmetal Alchemist. [[ I'm so sad that it ended.

What she said... xd I agree with every word you said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:15 am
Hmm...I can't say that I HATE any series in particular because any series can be changed to be better (in terms of dubbing), but there are series that I don't really agree with as a whole.

Dragonball GT- A completely different story with not enough worthwhile fighting scenes, funny moments, and memorable characters. Most of the good support characters weren't even present! D<

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX- A spin-off series of the original YGO series that didn't even show Yugi...Enough said.

Bo-bobo etc.- I only like it for the lols. XD Otherwise, not a favorite.

Inuyasha- I liked the beginning, although I didn't get to follow along as a fan. Now with the repetitive-ness, I won't even try to catch up.

Basically, I can't stand spin-off series that don't follow along with the original series formula (unless the new plot is better or more bearable than the first).

Also, I must add this...Even if a series is dubbed by a kiddy-butchering-earaching-voicing company (I'm looking at you, 4Kids), that doesn't necessarily mean that the series itself should be shunned. That's just unfair. The original version of the series could have been ten times better than the dub, yet people won't know that until they've seen both.

I myself am a huge One Piece fan, and I've had to endure the wrath of a terrible dubbing until FUNimation obtained the license. Now it's a lot better than the former, and the uncut DVDs are starting to come out! biggrin

So don't judge a series by its dubbing company 'cuz it can actually be much better than that.  

Nana Takenouchi

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:05 pm
Rainbow User Michiru
Hmm...I can't say that I HATE any series in particular because any series can be changed to be better (in terms of dubbing), but there are series that I don't really agree with as a whole.

Dragonball GT- A completely different story with not enough worthwhile fighting scenes, funny moments, and memorable characters. Most of the good support characters weren't even present! D<

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX- A spin-off series of the original YGO series that didn't even show Yugi...Enough said.

Inuyasha- I liked the beginning, although I didn't get to follow along as a fan. Now with the repetitive-ness, I won't even try to catch up.

Basically, I can't stand spin-off series that don't follow along with the original series formula (unless the new plot is better or more bearable than the first).

Also, I must add this...Even if a series is dubbed by a kiddy-butchering-earaching-voicing company (I'm looking at you, 4Kids), that doesn't necessarily mean that the series itself should be shunned. That's just unfair. The original version of the series could have been ten times better than the dub, yet people won't know that until they've seen both.

I myself am a huge One Piece fan, and I've had to endure the wrath of a terrible dubbing until FUNimation obtained the license. Now it's a lot better than the former, and the uncut DVDs are starting to come out! biggrin

So don't judge a series by its dubbing company 'cuz it can actually be much better than that.

I will admit I agree with you.
however, Yu-Gi-Oh failed anyways.
I suggest you watch Season 0 on YouTube, it's much more violent and doesn't center around card games.
and Kaiba shows up less.
Honda is SUCH a moron.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:45 am
Yorozuya_Harujiro
Rainbow User Michiru

I will admit I agree with you.
however, Yu-Gi-Oh failed anyways.
I suggest you watch Season 0 on YouTube, it's much more violent and doesn't center around card games.
and Kaiba shows up less.
Honda is SUCH a moron.

XD Heheh, well, card game shows haven't really been my forte. GX just didn't cut it in terms of originality or excitement.

I've heard of Season 0 before, but haven't gotten to see it yet. Maybe I'll look into that soon. Thanks! ^^  

Nana Takenouchi

Jennykim319

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:53 am
Kare Kano/ His and Her Circumstances really disappointed me. First off, the pace of the story was a bit too fast on some parts, slow on others. Then there were all these recap episodes and the EDings for the anime was cheaply made. That was because of the second reason, the fact that the production company wasn't given enough money to keep the show up. The show ended very suddenly and without an actual ending. It made me sad since I thought the anime was doing really well in the first couple episodes.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games