Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
What's your view on time? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SovereignTyphoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:00 pm
I just thought of this, and it is what I'm going with. Everything has happened already. Past future, present. It has happened. So that is the timeline. When you are born that is the part of the timeline you get to see. You travel along from the point you were born and to the point you die, and you learn what is happening, memories are of what had happened to you as you traveled down this line, and the future you cannot predict because you haven't reached the point on the line yet, you will see a certain extent of the future, that will transition flawlessly from future to present to past. Up until you die.

That is why nothing can change the present or the future. If someone travelled back in time then they were supposed, because then that part of the line has already passed, so what they do then cannot change what is happening now, because it has already happened.

So this line is indestructible.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:04 pm
With quantum observance you can predict almost everything, it just depends if you understand it...

Time: Word to put a natural process into words.
Past: causal factor deciding or at least influencing the present.
Present: the moment between the past and the future, often influenced by the past.
Future: the moment which is present after the past present, and most probably influenced by the previous times.

As long as time continues all causal factors will be replaced by their effects.  

Verderbnis

I am mortal

4,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:33 pm
i don't like time it speeds up when you want to do something but lags on when you don't want to do something  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:19 pm
"Time? You cannot run out of time!
There is infinite time.
You are finite.
Zathras is finite.
But time is INfinite"

--Zathras  

wonderdummy

Live_Laugh_Candy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:35 am
As i read through the first page it made me start to think.....the fact is we live in the past as for everything we do is tachnically already done...like when i walked over to my computer its just that i "walked" leaving it to be the past...as how i have typed this reply.
(One of the smartest things I have ever said...i just hope everyone can understand)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:12 pm
Time... Its suppose to be the 4th dimension.
I think time is a convenience. It proves to be really annoying. But time helps humans have a sense of whats happening, whats happened and whats going to happen. We have the present, past and the future. The past is filled with memories that have already happened. While the present happens, but soon turns into the past. And the future is far away. You cannot reach the future, because it turns into the present which turns into the past.  

BananasRgood4u

last angel served

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 pm
I believe that time it's self is an illusion and only a measurement made by men, while time in fact is really just us moving one instant to another unknowingly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:18 pm
I believe time is a sort of spiral, where the very center is the beginning of everything, and as time goes on, the spiral's arm expands. I believe Einstein said something of the same nature, that of one were to be able to move fast enough and with enough mass, you could theoretically 'hop' from one ring of the time sprial to another.

On the physical aspect of time, however, I believe the present is just what occurs. As soon as it happens, the action is concrete and unerasable. As for the future, I believe it isn't definite, but rather millions and billions of the possibilities. The past is simply the single possiblity that occured. The possibilities that did not occur are therefore null. I consider those possibilites as a 'what if' senario, which exist in another world/universe type of thing.

I also believe that there are many worlds, each following one of those trillions of possibilities, and by every action we take in this world, it causes another in those. However, the future is untouchable, because as soon as you are in the future, it's no longer thefuture but your present, even if it's years and years beyond where you were only moments ago, if you understand.  

Mekami-Sama

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:50 pm
time is a form of measurement from then to now or from then to later or form now to later it is not a it is also a way to record the now, the past and the future. it cannot be controled or minipuated in anyway and is only a creation of the human mind  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:54 pm
time moves in one direction and nothing can change it time cannot be altered but our preception of it can. if you leave earth at light speed and orbit earth for 30yrs the "world" would have aged 100yrs but in acuality time has moved 100yrs all around its just due to your speed it seems as tho time moves faster.in short time moves with you  

Mythic-TwilighT-Venom

tsamayahantli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 am
time was .. time is . time will ... =)  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items