Submit

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am
A lot of you dont really understand what Scientologists really believe. Maybe you should go to the Source.
Even though it is a lot of propaganda, it is still closer to the beliefs than anything anyone else was saying in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:20 pm
I dont care if scientology is a religion or not i dont think it should be practiced ( whatever it is they do) because scientology is a lot like a cult and i believe people use scientology as an excuse to do crazy things. I think scientology would be okay if they kept it to themselves. I also believe that about all religions.  

bighairy dog

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:17 pm
deppfan
Ok, so here's what Scientology is about:

L. Ron Hubbard came up with the idea that aliens came to earth. They were lizard beings with special abilities and super intelligence. They interbred with humans, and so only some special have these special I guess you could say particles in them. Once you embrace them, and learn what you can do with them and how to control them- only through the Scientlology church- you become a better person, and in a way, transcend to a higher level.

Sounds a lot like the mitochlorians crap brought into the Star Wars universe to try and explain The Force.

And @ Luna- Yes, we do believe in something... evolution, the big bang, etc.

I just remembered something.
Not without proof we don't!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 am
deppfan
Ok, so here's what Scientology is about:

L. Ron Hubbard came up with the idea that aliens came to earth. They were lizard beings with special abilities and super intelligence. They interbred with humans, and so only some special have these special I guess you could say particles in them. Once you embrace them, and learn what you can do with them and how to control them- only through the Scientlology church- you become a better person, and in a way, transcend to a higher level.

I already heard the story and it sounded like a bad science fiction story -_-

That Hubbard dude must have been on bad drugs.

Here is an interview, given by Hubbards son (fromerly Ron Hubbard, now Ron deWolf) about his father given in the year 1983 to an adult magazine. I'll link it only for informational purpose. Link  

Verderbnis

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:45 pm
Xenu
Lisa McPherson
Tom Cruise

I've been delving deeper and deeper into the subject of it, the question of whether or not it is a religion means nothing, the further you get into its past, present, and future ideals. It's incredibly messed up stuff.

After paying up to thousands on average, you will finally learn the "religion" aspect of Scientology: Xenu. Lord Xenu came to earth and infected us with tiny alien beings. The "goal" of Scientology is for their members to become Clear of these beings. To be Godlike, as L. Hubbard's son put it.

How does one become Clear? They will put you through a process of Dianetics, which utilizes many brainwashing techniques, such as staring at someone for about an hour, unblinking, to feel "comfortable with people". You will become devoted to the Church, even closing out friends and family who will not join you in your quest. The Co$ will warn you that you will become suicidal if you leave Scientology, and that you will die if you hear of Lord Xenu before becoming Clear.

Thanks for the link, Verd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 pm
No problem, I read the paper where Ron de Wolfe stated his involvement into this organisation. I think scientology is one of the hugest scams on earth under the coat of religion. There have been papers leaking through refering to the three things you have to do when joining scientology:

1. Make money.
2. Give a lot of it to the church.
3. Make more money.

The basic structure is the same like the racial madness like the Nazis back in their time.  

Verderbnis

AshesFallen

Dangerous Lunatic

4,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

if I stretched the page, I'll make it a link

I think those who are into Scientology are allowed to, but I have a huge urge to shake them back to reality.

I'm an atheist, and I think Scientology is more like a cult or a group of obsessed fans... like those Harry Potter ones who believe there's Hogwarts and a secret community out there. Of course, I'm obsessed with Harry Potter too, just not to that level. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:11 pm
Well, the good thing about Harry Potter is: everyone still knows it's phantasy. I see obsessed HP fans on a same level like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars fans, they're just fans of it, I have that with certain bands.

Scientology is nothing more than one of the hugest scams in our times and really bad science fiction. I for myself found a racist message behind it, like behind the racist visions of the Nazis back in their time. To excuse their enfocements to non-scientologists they talk about "out ethics", I actually donot inherit those "out ethics" but in that case I evolve some of them. It's not a belief, it's just a scam. or can you tell me which religion contains "Make money. Make more money." as a maxime, too?

They want to undermine the systems to build up a world government. Also their major goal reminds of the borg from Star Trek: Senseless worker drones, for a ruling class.  

Verderbnis

AshesFallen

Dangerous Lunatic

4,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:49 pm
I LOVE Harry Potter, but on some of the fan forums, the people scare me... I wish I could believe that they don't actually believe that Hogwarts exist.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 pm
Ok, there are always people who eat every s**t. I mean, there are also people believing in the Cthulu Myth and Necronomicon by H.P. Lovecraft, but they don't inherit a guideline to push their belief unto others, they're just books written for entertainment. If Harry Potter, Cthulu and all that is supposed to be a belief, there would exist something like a guideline found in basically every cult, they're all different but still the same.

Unfortunately the american laws allow every minor cult to get ranked as a religion. All that seperates a cult from a religion is the acknowledgement and notoriety by the majority.  

Verderbnis

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:32 pm
I think religions are just large cults, anyway. razz

----

About Scientology: Those people are scary. You might think that their religion itself is the worst part about them, but Scientology is VIOLENT towards those who expose anything about them or who challenge their 'beliefs.'

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/scientol.htm

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Commentary/Scientology.htm
http://www.scientology-lies.com/
http://www.skeptictank.org/readdig.htm
http://www.clambake.org/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:47 pm
I find it funny that there have been no scientologists to defend their 'religion' on here.
To any scientologists that may be reading this, Bite Me.  

Mad Haru

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:19 pm
Nah, the defending will come from low-ranked victims of that ********! The high ones just will look at them and simply laugh into their hands. The low ones are just little docile creatures, like worms or something like that...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 am
Of course, there are the higher ups that actually believe in it, odd as that may be.  

Sullen Couch

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:32 pm
It's quite a working mechanism:

Just feed the weak to the dogs...

...and there we have the mechanism of the radical minority again, there are two kinds of people: the average and the radical and it's always the radicals who rule, because the average mass is easy to handle with certain conditions, most effective tool to manipulate people is fear. You will do anything if someone threatens your family and your life, just to keep them safe!  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff