Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Ridiculosly hard questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
View Results

Baronmusashi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:26 pm
disliker of the mary sue
the paragraph has no e's in it.

my question:

a man goes to a party, drinks some punch and then leaves early. everyone else at the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. why didn't the man die.

A few answers came to mind, but I'll go with this:
He poisoned the punch after having a drink, and then left.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:29 pm
babycakes69other
The only thing I see that is unusual about the paragraph is that it's aligned to right rather than the left side?
Also the question is rather, HOW QUICKLY we notice the unusualness. I can't really say how quickly I noticed....um......3 seconds? Maybe?

While I wait to be told I'm wrong, here's my question....

A farmer has to get a sack of grain, a chicken and a fox to the other side of a river. There's only enough room in the boat for himself and one of the three things.
He can't leave the chicken on the same side as the grain, or the fox on the same side as the chicken.
How does he get all three things across?

This has got to be wrong, but here goes anyway.....
he feeds the grain to the chicken, then the chicken to the fox. Then takes the fox across with him in the boat.  

Baronmusashi

Zykari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm
Jenn_antiviolahater
The letter u

So you're at a crossroad. You know one road leads to the town where people always tell the truth and the other leads to where people always lie. There is a man at the crossroad, but you don't know which town he is in. What should you ask him to figure out which town is which?

You ask him. Which way is YOUR town. Cause the liar and truth teller will point to the truth town.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 pm
disliker of the mary sue

my question:

a man goes to a party, drinks some punch and then leaves early. everyone else at the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. why didn't the man die.

The poison was in the ice so when he drank it the poison hadn't yet affected the punch. As the party went on the ice melt and the poison was released into the punch killing the people that had drank it. Because he left early he didn't drink any of it after the ice had melted.  

Zykari

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 am
Baronmusashi
babycakes69other
The only thing I see that is unusual about the paragraph is that it's aligned to right rather than the left side?
Also the question is rather, HOW QUICKLY we notice the unusualness. I can't really say how quickly I noticed....um......3 seconds? Maybe?

A farmer has to get a sack of grain, a chicken and a fox to the other side of a river. There's only enough room in the boat for himself and one of the three things.
He can't leave the chicken on the same side as the grain, or the fox on the same side as the chicken.

he feeds the grain to the chicken, then the chicken to the fox. Then takes the fox across with him in the boat.

hahaha! It's wrong, but I like the answer!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 pm
Zykari
disliker of the mary sue

my question:

The poison was in the ice so when he drank it the poison hadn't yet affected the punch. As the party went on the ice melt and the poison was released into the punch killing the people that had drank it. Because he left early he didn't drink any of it after the ice had melted.

correct  

disliker of the mary sue

MenDia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm
babycakes69other
Baronmusashi
babycakes69other

hahaha! It's wrong, but I like the answer!

he take the chicken over first, then he grab the fox, but as he drops off the fox, he grabs the chicken, leaves the chicken as he grabs the grain, which he takes over and drops off with the fox, and finally grabs and takes the chicken over...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm
now, maybe not as hard, but...How do you fit 10 horses, in 9 boxes, without doubling up, nor having a pregnant horse?  

MenDia

Winifred_707

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:22 pm
Baronmusashi
disliker of the mary sue

my question:

the poisen is in the ice. the man had some punch before the ice melted so he wasnt poisened.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Baronmusashi
babycakes69other

ok the man took the chicken over first then the fox but returned with the chicken. he then took the grain over to the fox while leaving the chicken on the other side. finally he takes the chicken.

Winifred_707

Deppfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:50 am
babycakes69other

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Quote:
thestarthatshines
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:38 am

The chicken

I disagree. The egg! Didn't say it had to be a chicken egg. How many other creatures on earth have there been that laid eggs before chickens came along. And even other mammals... considering the female reproductive cells are "eggs"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:52 am
To Be or Not to Be?

You are all wrong, the answer is 47  

Doubts Secured

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 pm
assume that the number of words in the english language that end with e are two.
what's the third word?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:33 pm
Jenn_antiviolahater
The letter u

So you're at a crossroad. You know one road leads to the town where people always tell the truth and the other leads to where people always lie. There is a man at the crossroad, but you don't know which town he is in. What should you ask him to figure out which town is which?

I know this answer as 'point me to your hometown'.
The way he points will be truth town.

The answer to this question is in my pocket.  

x Essence of Moonlight x

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 am
deppfan
babycakes69other

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Quote:
thestarthatshines
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:38 am

The chicken

I disagree. The egg! Didn't say it had to be a chicken egg. How many other creatures on earth have there been that laid eggs before chickens came along. And even other mammals... considering the female reproductive cells are "eggs"

I agree with that viewpoint, but the answer is "The chicken"

because I asked "Which came first? The chicken or the egg?"

not "Which came first? The egg or the chicken?"  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out