Submit

View Results

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:20 pm
I say love is love. What's this "true love" crap? Do you seriously think there is anyone out there who is so unique and 'meant for you' that there is no one else in the world like them, like them enough that you could fall in love with either of them just as easily? It all depends on the people you meet, and how open you are to idea of finding love. Be loving, and you'll find love sooner or later.

Besides, studies have shown that humans aren't psychologically "meant" to be in a single long-term relationship their entire lives. The average is something like 3 deep, loving relationships in a lifetime or something like that. It also says that those rarer couples that do stay together for decades and decades have a different kind of love than those that don't. Basically, love, after a certain number of years, turn from a passion thing into a companionship thing. (I read about this in an article in National Geographic, if you want to look it up. Very interesting read.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 am
i say it does exist but most times you don't know that person is your soulmat 'til they're gone and then its too late.  

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200

SinginginSilence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 am
I would like to believe in true love but my faith is lacking at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:27 am
It may have existed back then, but in the world we're living in right now, it just can't exist.  

the Isabel

ladyshari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:23 am
I think true love exist..You have to be open and ready..I guess aware..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:36 pm
I believe that it is without a doubt out there for everyone. Whether we find them or not is up to us. True love is loving a person's for the flaws and the perfections. Accepting everything about that person. And know that no matter what that person was MADE for you. So yes, there is true love!

mara love queen

tsamayahantli

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm
so they say then so be it .. love there is .. but true love ... hmmm . lemme think. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 pm
True love is still out there, it's just really difficult to find. Some people might never find their true love, their soulmate. Sometimes they don't realize they already had their true love until it's just too late. But some people are blessed enough to find that special someone that they're meant to be with and truely love. It's getting more and more difficult to find in today's world though.  

Raxmivn Hoshijin

x_X_Two_Faced_Goth_X_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 am
User Image
If there is true love it sure is hard to find and very hard to see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 am
I'm pretty sure that there is true love but I think most people who go out between the ages of 12-18 only go out to either expirement with relationships and/or have sex so they can say they have.  

Holy_BmXfReAk

jbaby362

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:44 pm
last angel served
people say true love is only understandable by adults but how many of us kids or teens can say true love can be found at any age! I have found mine and I'm a teenager. I will not disclose my age... thats private... however true love in my opinion can be found by anyone at anytime when it decides to appear... after all only u can decide what ur true love is...

Most people judge love by age, but by any age, if you wait long enough or just try one day to reach an understanding of love, it might find you. And if this said love first began as an understanding and grew...what then? It could become love by any standard and if from your 1st year of high school to 2nd year college, and not even with such aged times, true love duz exist, you just have to find it  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:47 pm
life is darn hard and most people live without love beacause we're human beings and are naturally curupt.It is hard the thought that even if you have a 'crushcrush' relationship, it still hurts when it's gone  

jbaby362

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 pm
in my opinion, i think that it definitely exists. But i don't believe that its conducted by fate and two people are designed for eachother or whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Wings Akimbo
I don't agree with what seems to be the common interpretation of 'true love', which is that there is one person out there for you, and you two are perfect for each other. I don't hold this view for several reasons.

1. I don't believe that anyone two people can be perfect together. Every relationship, romantic or otherwise, has things that need to be worked on for it for function properly. While it is very possible to be so committed to a relationship that you try everything to make it work, I don't think that any relationship can be 'perfect' by default.

2. Many people may work well in a relationship with any given person. There can't be just one. Just look at the sheer number of people in the world. As well, in friendships, most people don't have one friend. There are lots of people who make good friends for a certain person, and I think this applies in a romantic relationship context as well.

3. Where does this leave poly-open people, or people who work better in polyamorous relationships?

In my opinion, 'true love' is a misnomer. No love can be truer than any other. Love is love. When we see an example of a relationship that we would think exemplifies true love, I think that what we are really seeing is a love that has conquered obstacles, is strong and committed, and the partners in that relationship have worked hard to make it work. This is love. No need to put 'true' in front of it.

I agree! I think that people say 'true love' because they see things like adultery and manipulation and the such. The way I see it, if you are willing to hurt your lover in such a way, it wasn't actual or real love on your part to begin with. I think there are many people that you could potentiall love, but once you find the one that really works for you, you just loose the desire to be with anyone else. but that's just my opinion! ^_^  

Mistress Spider

Questionable Hellraiser

11,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Loiterer 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mara love queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm
I agree with the good and the bad. I mean no two people are PERFECT together. If they say they are that a load of crap! But then again two people can be as close as possible. Who defines true love? Everyone has their on interpertation. No two people can be PERFECT. But they can be as close as possible. So in a way I guess it does exsist.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff