Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am...
  Christian
  Muslim
  Hindu
  Buddhist
  Pagan/Wiccan
  Agnostic
  Atheist
  Undecided
View Results

Kachan36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm
I don't think there is a God. I don't think anyone created us. I think we evolved from apes. I think we will eventually evolve into something else--some new creature who will consider us the apes. I think religion was created by man as a way to explain things we couldn't explain, including our own origins. Religion can be useful for a lot of people, but it is not for me. Trust me, I've tried. I'm just not a believer. My brain doesn't work that way.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 am
I'm a Christian. As in Anglican Church Christian.
I am this because I have been brought up in the religion. I was christened, and I wnet to a CoE school. But I'm not getting confirmed. Too much fuss. And to be honest I can be a christian without it.
But I am a liberal Christian. Incase you are confused, that means that I don't believe everything in the bible, and I am Definately NOT a creationist. Pah! I am also a bit of a odd christian because I don't believe in Heaven and Hell. But there must be something after death, right?
But, in my opinion, religion doesn't really matter. I would be friends with a person from any religion, but I don't think I would ever convert to anything else.
X

LikeRawrrAndStuff

eraserheadvibes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:46 pm
Best Athiest quote ever

"Man created God in his image"

O-M-G

best quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:42 pm
[since I must be blind and don't see the religion forum..unless he means the philosophy one......??]

My choice wasn't there!

I'm Shinto.

To those who aren't familiar with world religions, Shinto is a religion exclusive to Japan. So exclusive that it is almost impossible to follow if you live outside the country. There's no certain day of the week you have to worship, no special thanks you have to give at meal times.
The part of Shinto [or Japan really] that almost all foreigners have trouble understanding is that there is no text, no symbol, no nothing to signify that you belong to it. Many people say that Japan is essentially a 'religionless' country, because it's so assimilated into everyday life that one is Shinto without knowing it [unless of course you're a practicing Buddhist or one of the few practicing Christians]. I have the benefit that my grandfather is a Shinto priest. My mother worked as a miko-san [for anyone familiar with Sailor Moon, think Mars! Her grandfather is a Shinto priest and she is a miko], as I did throughout my childhood.

What I find amusing is that when a child is born, the parents take him or her to a Shinto shrine to have them "introduced to god". Then when said child is getting married later in life, he or she will go to a Christian church and read vows. Then when said child is grown and has met death, a Buddist ritual is performed to make sure their spirt makes it safely to 'the other side'. Of course, while I was living in Japan this was so normal that I thought nothing of it, but after moving to the US and explaining the entire process of my religion and how religion affects Japanese life, I found that it is indeed quite a curious way to live.

But basically Shinto is about peace. You try to learn about other religions such as Christianity or Hinduism, and you basically try to expand your personal knowledge. There isn't such things as other religions being "dangerous" or "evil". As long as one leads a good life [no killing others, keep lying to a minimum, etc] you're essentially a good person. Easy peasy heart  

JuilianFai

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:38 pm
it's nice to see I'm in good company  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am
I've been baptised, confirmed and everything, as my grandparents are catholic and so my mom decided to bring my up as a christian/catholic but I rebel too much against it. I really don't like the religion or what the bible talks about [cus it's pretty scitzo].

No offence to those that follow it. I respect those that do biggrin
The only thing I like about the bible is Moses' adventure and the ten plagues and the ten commandments. Everything else is just jelly to me.

I am very interested in witchcraft, pagan and wiccan and I wouldn't mind being part of it =]  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

last angel served

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:08 pm
I mean no offense when I say all religion is bull s**t, there all tall tales used to control the masses and get rich... don't believe me watch zeitgeist... tell me what you think then  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:57 am
Kachan36

I don't think there is a God. I don't think anyone created us. I think we evolved from apes. I think we will eventually evolve into something else--some new creature who will consider us the apes. I think religion was created by man as a way to explain things we couldn't explain, including our own origins.

I agree 100%. If you look at a lot of religions, then you see many similarities, and everythign can be interpreted the same way. Examples: prophets, book, virgin birth, dies, comes back to life, great flood, and much much more.

To me, religion is just a way to explain things and to get rid of our own fear of the unknown.  

Dark Enigma 0

Friendly Hunter

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 am
I believe in god...and i believe that Jesus came to die for our sins. I am completely Christian-but i'm a goofy christian. I think that God created the big bang, and then he helped evolution along, becuase who knows what seven days is to God? Anyway, I also think that if your gay, and your a christian, then you go to heavan. I also believe in protectors and ghost and spirits, like the pagans. But i don't think people should kill in the name of their god-that's why i'm against Islam. I still love ya if you are Islamic-but I don't like your religion, but I won't shove mine down your throat because I'm a goofy christian. MY god is a loving God, and he will forgive me for my beliefs. I also believe in limbo, because God has all these people to judge, he can't do it in one day. I also think that God is fogiving of everyone, no matter what religion. I also think that all sin is the same in God's eyes, and if you are truely sincire about your sin, and you really want to be rid of it, then he will forgive you.

Wow...i think this is the longest post in my Gaia career....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:24 pm
My view is that.. there is something divine, however I don't think of it so much the same as many of the religions, although they have a nice way of putting it.

However.. if you think about it... religion only came about 2000 or some odd years ago, and the Bible, is nothing but written stories..(no offense) because, the Bibles created, the authors have never met Jesus...

Not to mention, each religion that branches off one another, is still the same.
For Example:
Pagans- Make sacrifices, and believe in more than one god.(think i have the right group xD)

In the bible when christianity came out,. they too made sacrifices to only one god, The God, instead of pagans sacrificing for many gods.

They say in the bible. "thou shall not kill", yet have you ever noticed how much death is truly in the bible?
I forget who it was, but God asked him to slaughter his own son.. to prove his faith to God.

A tad contradicting... in a sense. but hey.. even the divine entity that has created all of us, is imperect,.. considering if he was.. than us too would be perfect, or so I would believe.

I guess i'm getting a bit off topic.
But, to cut it short... I believe there is something.
I dont rightly agree with my family's religion (Roman Catholic)
though they have good moral values to teach to us.  

zfirezdancerz666

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 pm
Tamwynne the elven
I believe in god...and i believe that Jesus came to die for our sins. I am completely Christian-but i'm a goofy christian. I think that God created the big bang, and then he helped evolution along, becuase who knows what seven days is to God? Anyway, I also think that if your gay, and your a christian, then you go to heavan. I also believe in protectors and ghost and spirits, like the pagans. But i don't think people should kill in the name of their god-that's why i'm against Islam. I still love ya if you are Islamic-but I don't like your religion, but I won't shove mine down your throat because I'm a goofy christian. MY god is a loving God, and he will forgive me for my beliefs. I also believe in limbo, because God has all these people to judge, he can't do it in one day. I also think that God is fogiving of everyone, no matter what religion. I also think that all sin is the same in God's eyes, and if you are truely sincire about your sin, and you really want to be rid of it, then he will forgive you.

wow, you basically hit the nail right on the head. that is dang near exactly what I believe as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:49 am
Master Azrael Reaper
Tamwynne the elven

wow, you basically hit the nail right on the head. that is dang near exactly what I believe as well.

really? A lot of people yell at me saying that i'm not a true christian cause my beliefs....i bought near punched my friend on the week of school cause he was about to chew out another one of my friends cause he was dating my friend zach, and i told (the dude going to do teh "Right Christian Duty") to shove off and we a huge fight about it  

Tamwynne the elven

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items