Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
WHY NOT REMEBER? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you remember?
  yes
  no
  im trying not to
View Results

seaturtule

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:34 pm
i was in elementary school, and the nurse's brother was on one of the planes. she left crying, and we got let out of school. when i got home, i saw some footage of the planes, and it's always haunted me. every time i go up a skyscraper, i think someone's going to crash a plane into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:33 pm
i heard about it in school, when i was in grade 5. I live in Canada, so it didn't directly affect me, and i was a little young to worry about the rest of the world, but obviously i would have been worried about it happening here.  

Siren Avalon

Invisible Hunter

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm
I also heard about it when I was in elementary school. They made an announcement to the entire school to turn on the TV to the news channel...and that's when I saw it. The planes crashing into the skyscrapers, people screaming and running for their lives, the smoke coming from the crashes. I kept thinking "Oh my gosh, I hope none of my family got hurt." I have family in New York, and thankfully, none of them got hurt, but I feel sorry for all those people who lost their lives and who lost someone in the terror of it all.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 pm
okay, so I know this is gonna sound a little mean of me, but honestly, when I first saw footage of it, I was more "OH DAMN!!! hehehehe...... awesome......" than anything.

first heard about it from a very political guy I knew in school when he was rambling on about "lets watch the news! I wanna see when they decide to target the pentagon too!!!"
And honestly, I gotta admit, I wanted to see it too.......

I live here in the middle of Missouri, and so I basically knew there was little to no chance we was gonna be any sort of targets..... and if so, it'd be in st louis, kansas city, or jefferson city, none of which am i anywhere near......
So I just sort of enjoyed the chaos of it all until I got tired of hearing about it........

unfortunatly, every TV everywhere I went for the next few months was tuned into 24 hour CNN coverage on the tower and the war soon after...........  

azrael the reaper_95210

SkyZoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:43 pm
I was about 8 when it happened. I didn't really think much of it when I saw it on the news, only that I thought it seemed bad.
Now, it nearly puts me to tears. Especially as a Navy Brat. How this would be done to us.

I still don't completely understand why they did this to us. When I was little, my mom only said "It's because they're jealous of the US."
But I still don't know.

Oh, and Sergant Alex, I grew up with the military, I think I know that you guys fight for your COUNTRY. Just because you don't like our new leader-to-be, doesn't mean you can't help protect the people.

I know my parents don't like the new leader because of his lack of military knowledge, but that doesn't stop my dad from going out to sea.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:27 am
The day it happened, I was living in Dearborn, Michigan, and I was in 7th grade. Normally I would not have mentioned the city I was living in, but for anyone that followed the news heavily around this time, you would know that that particular city is comprised of 75%-80% people of the Muslim nature. That fact alone did not bother me one bit, but..shortly after the news came around, a lot of people were on the streets dancing in celebration. THAT did bother me.

Anyway. I didn't go to school that morning, my mother was afraid to send me just because of the amount of Muslim kids I went to school with. I thought that was ridiculous, but hey, free day off school.

What I didn't know on that particular morning was that one of my best friends had taken an earlier flight than what was planned from California. The flight that he was on just happened to be American Airlines, flight 11. That was the first plane that crashed into the WTC. I was absolutely devastated, and it still hurts to think about it now.

Now it's seven years down the line, and everytime September 11th happens to roll around, I find myself just wishing that people would quit bringing it back up. I went through the pain of losing someone I loved dearly already, and while I will always feel some sort of pain for that, I don't like having that wound reopened every year. I treat 9/11 just like any other day now, while still keeping my friend's memory fresh on my mind.

Enarette

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:11 pm
I remember that day very well. I was in the 8th grade, and there was something off about the way our teachers were acting, starting around our lunch period [I was one of the few who were allowed to stay and eat in the classrooms]. We kept asking what was on the teevee [they kept switching it off any time a student popped into the classroom they were huddled in] and they wouldn't answer our questions.
When I got home from school my mother was at work so I couldn't ask her. I turned the teevee in the living room on out of habit and instead of switching to my usual channels something complelled me to sit down in front of the teevee and keep it on the news. I didn't know what was going on and where, but all I knew was that something had changed and that things weren't going to be the same as they had been that morning.

While nothing affected me directly [we have a family friend who works in the Pentagon, but he for some reason went home early that day about an hour before it was hit, and if he'd stayed it would have meant he'd died], but it still nonetheless shook me to the core.
I'm no longer impressed by all the terrorism talk, which must mean that I'm a child of war because I can't bring myself to be scared of terrorists. Its so ingrained in my thoughts now that I can go about life without worrying of a terrorist attack. If one happens, it happens.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 pm
I remember it very well actually. I was about 9 or 10 I guess, and when it hit my Mom was called to go up their (She is a doctor). I hoped she would of been safe and no more possible attacks. I felt some sorrow for the people who lost their lives aswell.

I really only blame Bill clinton, cause he was offered by a foriegn country (I can't remember which one) that they had some terrorist they believe would threaten america, and the country asked Bill if they wanted him. Bill said nah and stuff like that like it was nothing, and (I'm not blaming bill for most of it anyway) I guess we suffered for it sad

I wasn't entirly shook by the whole thing, but I know my sister has to help fight the terroism, and I'm positive she will be ok (I've swore some things, and stuff, but Hopefully I won't have to cause if so a terroist will pay horribly)  

MindxHunter

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:06 pm
It was almost eight years ago... I can somewhat remember it. I was ten, and I had no clue as to what was going on. All I knew is that many people were going to die withing the first hour.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm
I was at elementary school.I was in the second grade at the time, and my father came and got me out of it.He said something happened in New York that was important.I sat in the living room eating pudding while watching....at the time it didn't make much since,but now I know what happened.All I knew back then was that terrorist crashed a plane into two buildings.I was worried for my mother who worked at BI-LO(i think that's how you spell it) and was wishing she was there.Sad day, knowing that all those innocent people were gonna die and that I was watching it all ******** terrorist, there is no need to kill people in the name of any god.They make me sick.....plus they make me wish religion was not real.  

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

unrequietedCat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:02 pm
Well, I remember it pretty well. I was a junior in high school (god, I think this is the first time I've felt like and old fart sitting in a rocker telling stories. THANKS! lol). I went to a private baptist school so we had chapel everyother day and that just happened to be a chapel day. It was pretty well known that our principal was nuts, he used to stand up and cry about things like bent chairs and how we were terrible for not respecting God's school and how could we possible bend the chairs and all sorts of crap (his smiles always looked plastic to me, but I digress). I remember sitting in chapel doodling and pretending I was taking notes on the sermon when the prncipal (mr.Nobles, we always called him "no balls") came running up to the stage crying like he just watched his kids being murdered and told us that the twin towers had just been hit by planes and collapsed and I though "Holy crap, No Balls finally lost it!" I really thought he had just finally gone psychotic. I was really shocked to walk into my next class (English Lit, we were reading the Scarlet Letter at the time) and see the TV on a new program replaying pictures of the towers falling over and over agian. Every class was like that the rest of the day, all the students buzing around the classrooms intermingling with all the different grades because we could'nt peel ourselves away from the news and ghetto rigging bunnyears out of pilfered aluminum foil (thanks to the caffeteria) so we could getgood reception. The only class that wasn't like that was Biology. I remember hating that the teacher was such a hardass that day even though she was one of my favorite teachers for the simple fact that she never played favorites, the class went on as though nothing had happened at all. Today I realize how important that single shred of normalcy had been, at least to me, and I'm glad she did things the way she did. It got our minds off of the insanity and uncertianty for 45 minutes. I do remember being very upset that I could no longer backpack europe with my Uncle as my graduation gift the next year when I graduated because my mom was so scared something horrible would happen to me. I saved for that trip for 3 years and it was all ruined by a bunch of people in planes. I also remember being really angry when I found out all the magnetic bumperstickers that everyone started putting on thier cars were all made in China and that the troops they said to support weren't getting anything from them, sparking the bumpersticker thievery amoungst my friends and I that lasted well after the whole incident. I certianly wasn't directly affected by the tragedy, and for that I am so grateful. I will never forget the day though. I have a feeling that even if I go completely senile I will always remember that day with clarity. It's like your generation's pearl harbor.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff