Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Twilight Series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ITADAKIMASU NOM NOM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:39 pm
Ugh, I hated that book so much. ((Tread with caution, ye fangirls.))

I was forced to suffer through three volumes of pure torture by my friends who forced me to read them.

Why don't I like Twilight and fangirlgasm over Edward's sparkly vampireness like everybody else? The answer is quite simple.

Edward Cullen is an abusive boyfriend. Who leaves their girlfriend and then attempts suicide when he thinks she's dead? I certainly wouldn't. Any normal person would've moved on by then, but noooo. Totally unrealistic. Even vamparomance stories have to have an aspect of realism. And the sparkling? Ugh. Hey, Ed, what are you going to do if Lestat or Dracula attacks you? Sparkle on them and hope they go away? Hmph. SMeyer is also found guilty of thesaurus rape in the Incorrect Usage degree. 'Nuff said (about that anyway).

Bella is a textbook Mary-Sue. TEXTBOOK. She's also a textbook definition of self-insertion, thanks SMeyer. Bella Swan is pretty much everything SMeyer wishes she could be. You're getting my point now, yes?

Also, the ***** implications in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn simply scares the living crap out of me. I respected Jacob as a character until I was hit with that little chestnut. Babysex does not the happy critic make.

And Renesmee? Even Albus Severus Potter is laughing.

~NYC  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 pm
I love the books. For in the cold, they warm me so much. They're so big and good for fire.
I like good books. That have plot. And also, I don't like romance. That's the only reason I don't completely love the Princess Bride. Romance is not to my tastes.
Edward is disgusting and an abusive boyfriend. I remember talking to my best friend on it. I told him that Edward crept into Bella's room while she slept and sat in a rocking chair in the corner of the room, rocking there while he watched her sleep, after knowing her for less than a week and she didn't know until later and that she thought it was a compliment.
He said it was creepy. I've, sadly, read the first three. No more than Cleolinda's commentary for Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun though. So that's good. I would have thrown up if I tried to read Breaking Dawn.

So Twilight fails at life.  

Sky of the Silver Ocean

5,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

CYBizR0llin--KissMySass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:37 am
I'mma re-read them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 am
I loved the books, but the movie was only okay. The guy who played James was SO SO SO hot. Rob as Edward? Not so much. I did like Kristen Stewart as Bella. She wasn't exactly the Bella of the books, but she really hooked me.  

dragongirl187

Crystalline Shroud

Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 pm
umm i bought the book yesterday and right now im at page 300 of the first one and im completely addicted  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 am
Number 1: Vampires are NOT real and there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY that you could ever meet Edward and convince him to like you
Number 2: SPARKLY vampires?? Absolutely disgusting.
Number 3: What kind of decent creature would climb into someone's house to WATCH THEM SLEEP, and then Bella finds out and takes it as a COMPLIMENT.

Twilight is messed up series.  

Ino_-_Yamanaka

Ruthless Fatcat

15,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200

Crystalline Shroud

Raider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 am
but entertaining non the lest ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:57 am
the twilight sereies is awesome!! xd xd i didnt like the movie though. wonder when midnight sun is coming out?  

naturelover3

Liberal Dabbler

5,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Buckamoo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:21 pm
The first book was pretty boring to me and dragged on....... xp
but i decided to read New Moon (which i loved since I heart Jacob)
i read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, too. They were ok.
I watched the movie, and it turned out better than I expected.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:00 am
The book was sort of OK. Thw writing was good but I hated the plot. The movie was so cheesy and terrible I actually enjoyed it.

If you want to see some good edward cullen bashing pictures go to http://thornofadesertrose.deviantart.com/ and look in her deviations for the rainbow pictures with big stencil words on them.  

KylaiaJmaa

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm
Oh God...the book is so overrated....It seems like its so addictive and entertaining and lovely at first, but sadly when you look at it realisticly it is a big dissapointment. Vampires DO NOT SPARKLE!!!!They explode, vampire guts everywhere. The boyfriend(edward) is disgusting and contradicts himself all the time. In book 2, I was clearly mistaken....that was the start of the disgustingness. WHO THE HELL THINKS THEIR GF/BF IS DEAD BASED OFF FACTS THAT POSSIBLY HAVE A FRICKIN 50/50 PRECENT CHANCE OF THEM BEING RIGHT. WOULDNT YOU AT LEAST HAVE A LITTLE HOPE SHE IS ALIVE....goddammit edward is retarded. There is no 5th book to the series(idk, probably not though(YAY!) and stephanie meyers THE HOST was boring crap...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:54 pm
despite my signature i actually do enjoy the series. im in the middle of the 4th, and will finish it eventually.

the reason behind my signature is that that whole thing kinda threw me off................. vampires turn to ashes in the sun whee  

Mr_Mule92

xXhal-stormXx

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 pm
best series Ive read....so far hehe  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm
I finished Twilight. It was good... but then I got to New Moon and I couldn't finish it.  

witchunterobin

Seeker

cupcakemichi

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 pm
... is horrible and should be burned.
and there's no point explaining to fangirls why.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games