Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What would you die for? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have something you would die for?
  yep!
  Nope
View Results

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm
I think that we will never know until the choice to die for something is there.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:39 pm
i would die just to get away from life it kinda of umm....sucks for me any way i know u think im emo right about now but emo is a type of music so i dont cut myself!!  

Mi-Cha Hyun

Ruthless Conventioneer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100

Jay Robyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:22 pm
I think I'd be willing to die for my family, my country, my beliefs, and my dog.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:30 pm
I have a best friend that I would die for. Granted, he wouldn't let me because he would do the same. I think I would die for him because I care about him and he's been there through my hard times.  

Starstruck Rainbow

Skrapz

7,950 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:16 am
I would die for two people, two people that I love and am possibly in love with. though I can't say their names because I am too shy, if I had to die tomorrow, it would be saving the two that I love.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 am
I would die by saving somebody younger, or for a fmily member thats younger. Because thats the best way to die, heroic. Knowing that you sacrificed yourself for someone younger, that will at least have the chance to experience life, is wonderful.  

NarcoticxDreams

900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 pm
I would die for the ones. I love which would be my friends and family for now. If there is no one to love, what good is your life. I may dislike most people, but the ones I do enjoy, are treasured ones.

I would die for my country because I would feel obligated to, but not directly (such as the war, since I think war is pointless and the country probably got itself in it in the first place).

I definitely not die for my religion because I basically have none. I may be agnostic, but that is technically not a religion, but a philosophy of the mind. After much thought, I have finally realized what I followed. I've basically been forced into the idea of religion by guilt of my family and ignorance of myself. Now I know where I stand.

I may also give my life to one who is hopeless, and had done no major sinning in their life (such as a child or infant), so that they may enjoy their life as much as I had. This would give me no regrets.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 am
I don't think I would die for my friends or family. I think they would want me to live rather than die for them. That's what I would want them to do for me. I also wouldn't want the guilt of someone dying for me and then having survivor's guilt. I wish I had the courage to service in the military, but I don't. I admire those who do though.  

Esme Eames

messeruup5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 am
i would die for my gf cause she is amazing i would die for my friends cause i love them all and i would die for my family cause they mean everything to me  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 pm
My family, friends, and my boyfriend are people I'd die for.

Reason? They're all wonderful people that I couldn't live without and would do anything for. They've always been there for me, and I owe a lot to them.

SammyPuppyLover24

3,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kachan36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:57 pm
I can't think of anything I would die for, but I could list a million things to live for.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:53 pm
As of right now, I'd die for my family, and close friends. Obvious answers, but seriously, I wouldn't know until that time has come.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

magic_doglover

Distinct Dog

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm
I would say that the things I would die for are my friends, my grandmother, my books, and my pets (if/when I had/will have any). I would also die for my beliefs, but not in the conventional sense.

As for the why's, I just really treasure my friends, any pets i have, and my grandmother. They are the only things that i enjoy in my life, that aren't merely a way to escape the unpleasant aspects of life. I love them for what they are; for the sake of loving them. I also treasure my books enough to die trying to save them (although that probably sound utterly ridiculous), but i can recognize that they are almost entirely a form of escape from my normal life.

My being willing to die for my beliefs isn't really what it sounds like. I wouldn't be willing to die trying to make others take on my beliefs (even though, like most people, i think (most likely for irrational reasons) that they are correct ). I wouldn't care much if my beliefs were being insulted or anything. However, I would be willing to die in order to keep my beliefs. If another one of the major religious persecutions happened, I would rather die than convert for reasons other than my own increasing understanding of ideas and the world. I may pretend to convert, since I do somewhat value my life, but I will never relinquish my true inner beliefs out of fear. My beliefs are a large portion of my very being, and it seems to me that it better to die with my soul still whole, than to destroy a piece of it and live on.

((Edit: Whoops. It looks like I have already posted in this thread. That's slightly embarrassing. Sorry about that. sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:00 am
my friends and family first and foremost, but not only would i die, but i would kill for the love of my life for she means more to me than this world can offer family doesnt count cause they were given to me and friends were made not offered  

Detrick II

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Intelife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 pm
(first, I'd like to mention how most people have generally stuck to the suggestions from the topic post. x3 just a tad bit of suggestive subjection and adhesive logic)(no, I did NOT read every post. I'm too lazy... Dx)

There is one, and only one, thing that I would die for: my own moral standards. Sure, they flex a bit, not always exactly constant, but there are a few things I won't condone under any condition (unnecessary theft, excessive penny-pinching, cheating, etc.) and would gladly put my life on the line to bring to a halt. ^.^  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff