Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sky of the Silver Ocean

5,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 pm
Normal? This word you speak makes no sense to me.
Well, normal has to meaning to me. Because what one person considers normal is usually different from another person.
I know I'm crazy. I say that craziness is normal and normal is insane. If you consider yourself normal, you're insane.
It's good to be crazy, in my opinion. I call my friends crazy when they say nice things to me for one. Crazy and normal are matters of opinion, but normal does not exist. It is not normal for a girl to run down the street screaming, "CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." like me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm
Normal is basically impossible because everyone is different. People maybe "normal" in certain things they do, but not fully "normal." Everyone is normal to themselves. Normal is a conspiracy.

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

mara love queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm
I have to say that there is no REAL definition of "normal". It is what we make of it. Its being ourselves no matter what. So there really isn't anything "normal". it is what we make it  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm
Everyone defines normal, whether they mean to or not. People see someone and think, 'she's different' or 'he seems to fit the status quo'. I'm crazy, and proud of it, and I don't define myself as normal. Just by saying that I'm not normal, I'm making a judgment on what normal is.  

KylaiaJmaa

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 am
When I think of normal I think of bland common things that are exactly the same, NOTHING ON EARTH IS LIKE THAT!!!! There will always be a diffrence, example: when it was made, born, planted, ect..  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:14 pm
I think society in a whole has changed the defention of normal to many times that there is no normal any more. What they describe as normal changes the second we hear it. We mold it in to what we think is right. So normal is viewed in a variety of ways now. So in a sense there is no normal. The word is now a ghost if it's self. We use it but we truely don't know the meaning of it anymore.  

demon catwolf

6,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:34 pm
"normal" is an easily transferable label put on actions and traits by society. these labels are usually shown through TV or other media. a good example is every little kid who's brainwashed by the disney channel. or how seventeen magazine now teaches girls how to "get any guy, anywhere!" D< so by the time they're all grown up, they understand whats "good" and whats "bad" behavior.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Nothing in my opinion nothing is normal because we all have issues that doesn't make us normal.To me normal is just an illusion that people want to make into reality.  

x_X_Two_Faced_Goth_X_x

Anabaena

Lavish Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 am
My friends always say i'm weird, but that doesn't bother me a lot, at least i'm not the same as everyone else!

I think the perfectly normal person doesn't exist, we just have an idea of how a normal person would act and we compare everyone to that(kind of like Plato's philosophy). Normal is even something that shifts over time!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 pm
I believe that normal is an opinion based on the regular occurrence. This also explains why many people see different things as normal. If one were to grow in a Mormon household they would view it as normal to call alcohol or other substances evil. While if ones caregivers were very lenient they may view the use of the same substances as normal.

I believe that to be normal in current society is to follow what the media would call "the current trend" this leads to a large crowd with a view of normal given to them by corporate media.

I tried to be normal once, then i got bored.  

Tyrannotaur

Newbie Noob

last angel served

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm
personally I believe there is no normal, every one has there own opinion of normal or abnormal so there can be no direct definition of "normal"

normal is over rated  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 am
The main thing that I have noticed here is that most people say there is no one standard definition to normal and that it is an ever changing concept. This I agree with but I would like to point out that we tend to be a sociable species and thrive on interaction.
Part of this means that as a majority (generalizing I know, forgive me) we all want to fit in and belong, whether we admit it or not we all want someone where we can go and instantly feel like this is where we are meant to be.
We are also very cruel to one another and this gives us a sense of authority and power over one another which I believe may be part of why we do it but I am not sure. The concept of 'normal' can be used to exclude someone that we see as unfit to join our group we can say that they don't belong because they aren't 'normal'.
Perhaps normal is just an excuse created by society so that we can actually have a reason for that gut feeling or instant reaction to someone that says we don't like them.

Sorry for blabbing on but I like thinking things out and it's a good way to do it.  

Yreduasp

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 pm
i don't think there is a definite concept of normal. everyone's different, so it changes for everyone  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 pm
I don't think there is a blanket definition of normal. But I think what most people mean when they say "normal" is "to fit in to that society's standard of acceptable behavior".

I personally think that normal should mean your usual behavior...or..."normal for her/him" type behavior.
Example:
Its normal for me to be singing nonsense songs or talking to my dog when I'm at home. If I go too long without signing/humming or talking to my dog, my mother usually asks if there's something wrong.
I have a friend that is a perpetual pessimist. Her normal behavior doesn't include being excited about something, so when she's giddy about something, she's not being 'normal'.

I think we use the term 'normal' because it's ingrained into our speech. If it bothers you when someone says that to you, I don't think its because he or she has a problem per say with how you act, its just habit to say 'you're not normal' because we hear things like that everyday, that we need to act a certain way.
I personally like being a bit quirky! heart  

JuilianFai

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:19 am
It appalls me to know that people use the term without knowing exactly what the term means.
I personally have thought about it, and I consider it to be a worthless, stupid ideal.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff