Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KylaiaJmaa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:44 am
I don't think the wold's ending. However, it is a strange coincidence that the Mayan calander stops off the day my friend Shiami turns 16, and gets her drivers licence. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:32 pm
And anyways, if the world does end in 2012 (which I doubt it will) then why are people freaking out so much? More then half of the world is Christian so they'd go up to Heaven with God, the other religions that aren't Christians mostly have the whole "afterlife" thing going on for them and the rest of the people all have their Gods too. the only people who should be worried about 2012 are people with no God(s) to believe in!!  

Mader Hatter

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Azzandra1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 pm
Croutonic Sarcasm
I think the calender maker simply got tired of making calenders.

HOWEVER; there are more than just that that predicts 2012. For example, Nostradamus (I hope I spelled that right). He said that the world would end in 2012, and he was definitely not part of the Mayan culture. How would two different people know the year of the end of the world so far apart in time and in totally different parts of the world?

I saw a special on the History Channel about Nostradamus, and he actually predicted the end of the world in 3890-something I believe. He was one of those few people who did not see the world ending in 2012.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 am
Well, I heard from someone else that the Mayans said '2012 will be the end of the world as we know it.' I'll compromise; maybe SOMETHING will happen in 2012, but not the end of the world  

Black Cat Hamlet

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:28 am
i seriously don't think that the world will end in 2012, i mean, thats just too soon. and too unlikely.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:33 pm
Verderbnis
They just did not have enough space left on their calendar stone. -____-

AHHHAHAHAH!!!
That's what I think!!

I don't know where I read it, but technically, its wasn't that the world was going to end [blow up, black plague that kills everyone, etc], but that we were going to enter into a new state of evolution or human conciousness [excuse my butchering of the word].
But whatever it is that people think will happen, I just don't think its credible. People were freaking out when "y2k" came along because they thought the computers wouldn't be able to handle the switch from 1999 to 2000, but look at us now. NOTHING happened.

I personally don't think anything is going to happen. I'm still going to get up on whatever day it is that the world is supposed to end in 2012, get dressed and take my dog out for her morning walk.  

JuilianFai

Vakna

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:55 am
Verone Devlin
You never know, our sun is a dying star...

Our sun is halfway through it's lifespan and will still be there after your great, great, great, one-hundred-times-great grand children die, dumbass.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:37 pm
Mader Hatter
And anyways, if the world does end in 2012 (which I doubt it will) then why are people freaking out so much? More then half of the world is Christian so they'd go up to Heaven with God, the other religions that aren't Christians mostly have the whole "afterlife" thing going on for them and the rest of the people all have their Gods too. the only people who should be worried about 2012 are people with no God(s) to believe in!!

first of all i dont think the fact that half of all people is christian is true.
second even if you believe in a God i dont think most people are happy 2 gonna die (if they believe in this fairy tale...)
third does anybody known about the planet Nibiru? thought i read somewhere that planet is gonna bump the earth in 2012...

sry for my bad englisch.... aint my first language  

Sulhyman

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm
the mayan calendar doesnt end there =/
they were planning on celebrating an anniversary after it.

its the end of the cycle. they predicted that there will be a special alignment with earth and other planets in either our solar system or galaxy (but i dont remember which... sweatdrop ). it was just a neat and tidy way of rapping up their calendar. like, "oh. look. planetary alignment. let's start our calendar over again on that day." and im sure there was religious belief behind it too, since they included astronomy in their religion.

any other people who have predicted it predicted the signs in vague ways. like saying there will be war, disease, famine, etc. which has happened since human beings ever started existing. one of them said, "oh, itll start around 2008, 2009." =/

the only thing that's happened so far was swine flu. and that was just the media going insane. swine flu is just like the normal flu, but with bloody diarrhea.
and the normal flu kills people too.

if anything, i think the world with end by nuclear warfare, which could happen at pretty much any time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 am
JuilianFai
Verderbnis
They just did not have enough space left on their calendar stone. -____-

AHHHAHAHAH!!!
That's what I think!!

I don't know where I read it, but technically, its wasn't that the world was going to end [blow up, black plague that kills everyone, etc], but that we were going to enter into a new state of evolution or human conciousness [excuse my butchering of the word].
But whatever it is that people think will happen, I just don't think its credible. People were freaking out when "y2k" came along because they thought the computers wouldn't be able to handle the switch from 1999 to 2000, but look at us now. NOTHING happened.

I personally don't think anything is going to happen. I'm still going to get up on whatever day it is that the world is supposed to end in 2012, get dressed and take my dog out for her morning walk.

I was just thinking about that Y2K thing. Why do people go crazy about the end of the world? The world's not going to suddenly stop spinning in 2012. 2012 will be like any other year. I mean, there's no significance of 'year' because a year is just how long it takes the Earth to revolve around the Sun.

Feel free to disagree.

idiotic_mT

FenrirGaros

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm
the only thing i believe in is the revelations right now than anything else lol i dont really like the bible it just makes people angry and/or sad.
and what i mena about revelations is that the world will end in fire and my theory is the M.A.D. theory, just look at north korea arming themselves with nukes and japan rearming themselves in response to N.K.'s "detterant." if north korea hits japan with grade of plutonium and uranium that they are using they may even hit parts of south korea as well. and if south korea gets hit then we lauch on north korea and then iran, china and russia will launch then australia and england, then france, spain and portugal, the afghanistan and india, and all that would be left would the southern hemisphere including mexico, south america, equador, southern half of africa, maybe even tibet, and very few parts of the northern hemisphere; very few parts of canada, mountain ranges in america, alaska,  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 am
Take Yoda's advice:
The future is always changing.
So no one really knows what will happen in the future.  

RiziN-ergeez

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:55 pm
Honestly, i dont think the world is going to end on dec 21, 2012. Just because the mayan calander ended at that time doesnt mean its all gunna be over. Maybe the ran out of stone or materials. Another thing that has been gossiping around is part of the religious beliefs. They say the bible has predicted the worlld will end with poverty,illness...and uh...somethingelse sorry i 4got. Anyway people are nervouse about this because thats what is happining now:poverty and illness. But whatever. I think the world will end billions of years from now when the sun explodes or when WE finally kill it ourselves..... scream I think mankind is going to be behind the "world ending thing".  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:27 am
The mayans thought that the world ends in 2012?
Yeah, the mayans also thought about sacrificing people to giant flying snakes.  

White Tiger Akutare

Chris Axl Wolf

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Personally, I don't worry about the whole "EOTW" predictions and just focus on what's going on right in front of me. Rather than getting hyped about a prediction, I just get hyped on the fact I'm still alive, I wake up the next day, and enjoy it to the fullest.

I wouldn't want it to get to 12/21/12, and then the world doesn't end, and all I was doing up to the point, was trying to get all my life goals done and preparing for the decimation of the world; But nothing happens?

I'd rather face the end of the world (or "EOTW" as I called it earlier in the post), and knowing I was able to accomplish what I could given the amount of time I had in the world; rather than do everything and when the world doesn't end, I don't really have anything left to strive for in life.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff